Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Barnaby Joyce Resigns

Barnaby Joyce Resigns

Old Feb 26th 2018, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barnaby Joyce Resigns

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Your over the top bias glaringly obvious as usual. While Shorten, will be few people's favourite to become PM, he is hardly a scumbag. The Lib's have been more than able to self destruct themselves without ALP help, with some appalling policy over recent years. Their complete and utter contempt hasn't, I'm glad to say gone un noticed.
Lying to the nation over Mediscare was not a scumbag thing to do? Not really doing the best by the tax payer playing up to the media over things like dual citizenship, marriage breakdowns, divided LNP.

We pay him to present ideas and options to the country but instead he would rather focus on the soap opera. That's a scumbag in my book.

Winning an election by presenting yourself as the lesser of two evils is not what we pay him to do.

Scum.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 6:39 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Lying to the nation over Mediscare was not a scumbag thing to do?
It doesn't matter how many times you say that Beoz, it's still not going to be true.

Not really doing the best by the tax payer playing up to the media over things like dual citizenship, marriage breakdowns, divided LNP.
Hang on, playing up to the media over dual citizenship? If coalition members such as Joyce had don't the decent thing and resigned when caught out in their illegitimacy, there wouldn't be the ongoing clusterf**k. I'll remind you the only MPs to come out of it with any credibility were the Greens, who walked when they were found to be dual citizens.

And it's never been about marriage breakdowns, it's about hypocrisy and corruption. Mind if they had just passed gay marriage years ago, they wouldn't have had the opportunity to shoot themselves in the foot so comprehensively ...

We pay him to present ideas and options to the country but instead he would rather focus on the soap opera. That's a scumbag in my book.
Ideas ..... ideas ...... nope, sorry, can't think of one thing that would could as an idea from the coalition over the previous 4 years. Corruption yes, but for all the claims of "job'n'growth" there's been s*d all ideas from the coalition.

Winning an election by presenting yourself as the lesser of two evils is not what we pay him to do.
Err, that was the entire coalition playbook. I mean, seriously ....
Old Feb 26th 2018, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
It doesn't matter how many times you say that Beoz, it's still not going to be true.

Hang on, playing up to the media over dual citizenship? If coalition members such as Joyce had don't the decent thing and resigned when caught out in their illegitimacy, there wouldn't be the ongoing clusterf**k. I'll remind you the only MPs to come out of it with any credibility were the Greens, who walked when they were found to be dual citizens.

And it's never been about marriage breakdowns, it's about hypocrisy and corruption. Mind if they had just passed gay marriage years ago, they wouldn't have had the opportunity to shoot themselves in the foot so comprehensively ...

Ideas ..... ideas ...... nope, sorry, can't think of one thing that would could as an idea from the coalition over the previous 4 years. Corruption yes, but for all the claims of "job'n'growth" there's been s*d all ideas from the coalition.

Err, that was the entire coalition playbook. I mean, seriously ....
Ah jobs and growth. You shouldn't have brought that up because its exactly what the numbers have proven.

Promise well kept.

Now back on Labor, Mediscare not true. Now Garry, reducing yourself to lying is an ALP characteristic.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Ah jobs and growth. You shouldn't have brought that up because its exactly what the numbers have proven.

Promise well kept.

Now back on Labor, Mediscare not true. Now Garry, reducing yourself to lying is an ALP characteristic.

Stagnating wages huge increases in cost of living, falling living standards, ever increasing under employment and casual employment and near record immigration and you think well done. Admire in an odd way your subversion tactics.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Stagnating wages huge increases in cost of living, falling living standards, ever increasing under employment and casual employment and near record immigration and you think well done. Admire in an odd way your subversion tactics.
Stagnating wages Stagnate inflation, Stagnate Interest Rates - what's the problem?

huge increases in cost of living where? Show me the numbers.

falling living standards where? Show me the numbers.

ever increasing under employment and casual employment Casual employment suits many. So does contracting. Under employment is measured from a 1960's system which has been demonstrated to you as inaccurate and being modified to suit this century.

and near record immigration As long as its skilled and contributing to the economy and not causing unemployment, so what?

and you think well done. Admire in an odd way your subversion tactics.

Yep.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Stagnating wages Stagnate inflation, Stagnate Interest Rates - what's the problem?

huge increases in cost of living where? Show me the numbers.

falling living standards where? Show me the numbers.

ever increasing under employment and casual employment Casual employment suits many. So does contracting. Under employment is measured from a 1960's system which has been demonstrated to you as inaccurate and being modified to suit this century.

and near record immigration As long as its skilled and contributing to the economy and not causing unemployment, so what?

and you think well done. Admire in an odd way your subversion tactics.

Yep.
I can't think of a time it was much worse without recession. We need inflation to enable interest rates to grow to a more normal figure. Cheap money creating asset blowouts have greatly endangered the economy, funnelling far too much borrowed money into real estate, which in turn has created housing bubbles, as well as making personal debt at world high levels and in turn diverted money from wealth creating investment.

Don't be silly now. You are well aware housing is out of reach to ever more in cities, utility bills are playing havoc on house hold budgets at a time when wages are stagnating and part time and casual employment, which will further impact on spending as ever more spend less money as simply can't afford to. Probably the loss of feeling secure is more a turn of century thing, as people feel ever les protected by government as onus goes more to shoring up welfare for big business.

Record immigration is of course competing against workers already present. Absolutely no need for record immigration. Far better for The Fed's of course than state government which must attempt to play catch up from a very behind distance in order to attempt to one day catch up.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 5:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So that's another thread topic finished then? Good to know.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:07 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I wonder what the next cockup is going to be?

From dual citizens (which still haven't been sorted), to the beetrooter, to now Trunbull arranging for preferential NBN treatment - they have been lurching from misjudgement to misjudgement, shooting themselves in each foot as they go.

It has the feel of them marking time till the end comes.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I shall start a new topic "Tips for the Troubadour property ladder - bypassing a few rungs"
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

From dual citizens (which still haven't been sorted), to the beetrooter, to now Trunbull arranging for preferential NBN treatment - they have been lurching from misjudgement to misjudgement, shooting themselves in each foot as they go.

We are still on Joyce, well your Labor party would like it that way deflecting from the job we pay them to do.

Question from manager of opposition business Tony Burke to Michael McCormack.
Burke: "This morning, the former deputy prime minister [Barnaby Joyce] refused to rule out a return to the job. How long does the current Deputy Prime Minister plan to stay in his role?"
Leader of the House Christopher Pyne immediately protests, saying it's not in order because it's not asking about his ministerial responsibilities. Burke argues for it but the Speaker rejects his pleas.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

to now Trunbull arranging for preferential NBN treatment -
I would hope, the man (or woman) leading our country has the highest internet speed possible where they sleep. After all, its not a 9-5 gig like yours.

Just be thankful the man is in a position to use his own bed, his own toilet, his own house.

You lefties are priceless.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 6:24 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

And there's another lurch, this time Cash badly misjudging things and being forced to retract, with even Abbott saying it was a "brain snap", and "I gather she's apologised, she certainly should and let's hear no more of it,"

She should remember the adage, when you are in a hole of corruption, best to stop digging.

As I say, they have the smell of a government that rudderless and aimless and just waiting for the axe to fall and put them out of their misery. Sure footed they ain't.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And there's another lurch, this time Cash badly misjudging things and being forced to retract, with even Abbott saying it was a "brain snap", and "I gather she's apologised, she certainly should and let's hear no more of it,"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/949...x2-700x467.jpg

She should remember the adage, when you are in a hole of corruption, best to stop digging.

As I say, they have the smell of a government that rudderless and aimless and just waiting for the axe to fall and put them out of their misery. Sure footed they ain't.
This will probably go as far as post 53.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

<a href="http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/the-real-problem-with-michaelia-cashs-outburst/news-story/af8cd935c2de353cb5ac8b0b9be0f443" target="_blank">http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/949...x2-700x467.jpg

I suspect a quick axe fix would suite any number of government MP's providing their seats are not in danger. They are clueless and have possibly come to the realisation that in their present form nothing can prevent what lays ahead. Especially with present inept policy.

Cash a rather awful, self conceited politician at the best of times, just losing it over the frustration with her ineptness.

Barnaby more likely to have indirectly done himself a favour, even if hardly voluntary to have removed himself to the back benches. I his case there may well be another day......
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

NewsPoll had Shorten vs Turnbull 31% to 45% respectively on Feb 4th.
Latest update:

https://www.pollbludger.net/2018/03/...3-47-labor-12/

Still 53/47 Labor.

Now just 37/35 Turnbull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.