Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - summed up

Australia - summed up

Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Australia - summed up

Originally Posted by neil248
I admit that I will be following your thinking on the next car. 13l/100ks is a bit to much for me to stomach.
It's only 13l/100k because it has bigger tyres and modified suspension and barwork. As a stocker it managed all of 11.5ks!

BB
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - summed up

Originally Posted by pomikev
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/best/...NF.shtml#noEVs

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...Wrangler.shtml

Looks to me like jeeps are nowhere near as fuel effecient as some folks here are claiming, what are they ? 3.6 litre v6's lol.

you people live at the end of the yellow brick road in fairyland.
Nobody has claimed a JEEP is fuel efficient as clearly they are not.

Maybe read posts properly before posting replies.

I learnt this years ago as you can end up looking rather silly
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and we live in a valley in the QLD hinterland and on occasions we get beautiful double rainbows where it does look as though you can see the end of the Rainbow.

Queensland is rather lovely
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
It's only 13l/100k because it has bigger tyres and modified suspension and barwork. As a stocker it managed all of 11.5ks!

BB
NO NO NO you should be telling us what it does per l/100ks on the sand on Fraser Island not trying to make it look better LOL
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:16 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil248
NO NO NO you should be telling us what it does per l/100ks on the sand on Fraser Island not trying to make it look better LOL
OK well the worst fuel economy it ever had was when I was up in the Victorian High Country, driving up a steep rocky river bed, we had to do a lot of winching.

At one point the reading was 186 l/100kms. Yes there is no decimal point.

BB
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK well the worst fuel economy it ever had was when I was up in the Victorian High Country, driving up a steep rocky river bed, we had to do a lot of winching.

At one point the reading was 186 l/100kms. Yes there is no decimal point.

BB
Thats more like it!

It's a good thing the people doing the study on the impact various vehicles had on the environment did not come across you or your particular JEEP, you may have spoilt their figures

Last edited by neil248; Jan 9th 2013 at 10:22 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:34 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah you don't buy a Jeep for its fuel economy! But then the husband and I both cycle to work every day, leaving the Jeep in the garage for playing with on the weekend on the beach and other much more fun stuff than commuting to work!

I reckon my carbon footprint when it comes to my car isn't too bad, since its just a toy and I'm on my bike every day!

(This may be cancelled out somewhat considering we will be flying to South America for a holiday this year....).
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:45 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Yeah you don't buy a Jeep for its fuel economy! But then the husband and I both cycle to work every day, leaving the Jeep in the garage for playing with on the weekend on the beach and other much more fun stuff than commuting to work!

I reckon my carbon footprint when it comes to my car isn't too bad, since its just a toy and I'm on my bike every day!

(This may be cancelled out somewhat considering we will be flying to South America for a holiday this year....).

Well, I can assure you that fuel efficiency is far from the top of the list of buying considerations for my OH, so everything's good there.

I'd be happy to get rid of my car TBH - It's dull and boring, and is not thrilling to drive. I would, however, like to import a Lotus Esprit S1, but am worried that I may end up destroying it on the mountainous speed humps we have around here. Maybe his and hers Jeeps are in order...

S
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:46 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Maybe his and hers Jeeps are in order...
S
There's only one thing better than having a Jeep in the family, and that's having 2 Jeeps in the family!

BB
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:51 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

There's only one thing better than having a Jeep in the family, and that's having 2 Jeeps in the family!

BB

Well, we don't have (or plan on having) any kids, so are happy to spend our disposable income on toys and fun

S
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:41 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we don't have (or plan on having) any kids, so are happy to spend our disposable income on toys and fun

S
Are you my husband?! That's us too. Great isn't it
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:45 am
has lost The Game

Yeah, it's brilliant. We recently joined the 501st legion as well, and have been investing many $$$ in replica stormtrooper armour

And not to mention the now yearly trips to Atlanta for Dragon*Con

S
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:45 am
Victorian Evangelist

S
These two items are not mutually exclusive...........I have kids and toys and fun!

BB
Old Jan 10th 2013, 2:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had any comments about you not having kids yet? My family are in the last desperate panic stricken comments about us not having kids.

My dad said 'But you could be pregnant, you never know' and comments like it and we have had comments like 'It would be a miracle baby if you were'
No it wouldnt, at 45 years old it would be a bloody disaster not to mention the drugs I take, more than likely it would be deformed as well.

We dont have a lot of money for 'toys' and stuff but the freedom we do have is priceless.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:54 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Australia summed up in one incident - 31st December and my front left tyre develops a bubble on the sidewall of the tyre. Drive to 5 different dealers and they all tell me it will be 2nd week January before the tyre for my bog standard Mazda is available in QLD and that I shouldn't do any highway driving. Screwing up our plans for NYE.

takeaway the sun and beaches and it's just a crappy little backwater, 20 years behind the rest of the world

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hh.

In Scotland I'd phone Kwik Fit and they'd be at my door in an hour!!
my summation of Qld - you can do your whole weekly shop in woolworths wearing just a towel around your waist and noone will bat an eyelid. Qld - the home of half-nekked people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.