Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - summed up

Australia - summed up

Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - summed up

Wow bought a Japanese car with no full size spare, possibly an uncommon specification and it is Australia that is crap!!!!!!!!

Buy a car with a full size spare and check exactly what tyre the manufacturer has put on it for reasons already mentioned. You may get a shock when it comes to replacing them! Same way anyone with a VW with a DSG gearbox may get a shock at some point if they have not done their homework.

I sometimes wonder what the attitude and approach of those who suffer bad customer service here is.

Apart from a couple of issues with Telstra and even then the staff were pleasant and helpful we have only ever received excelllent customer service here on the Gold Coast in the last 6 years .

Always a first time though I suppose and on reflection the Mitsubishi garage was pretty dreadful ( just won't go back) . Standard 4x4 tyres easy to get in less than an hour!!!! Yes did check it came with full size spare and had a common size

Last edited by neil248; Jan 8th 2013 at 1:10 am.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:45 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Australia - summed up

Originally Posted by neil248
Standard 4x4 tyres easy to get in less than an hour!!!! Yes did check it came with full size spare and had a common size
Bob Janes mate - bought 5 x 285/75/R17s - not standard, but immediately available!

BB
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:48 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Bob Janes mate - bought 5 x 285/75/R17s - not standard, but immediately available!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps6446365f.jpg

BB

Jeep eh? What's the reliability like? My GF is thinking of getting one, if she ever passes her driving test...

S
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:51 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Jeep eh? What's the reliability like? My GF is thinking of getting one, if she ever passes her driving test...

S
Mate she will never look back. I have driven many many cars in my life and I have never had so much fun as I do with my Jeep. I even look forward to my drive to work!

You've got a great owners club in Sydney too.

BB
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps6446365f.jpg

BB
I didn't know you were gay

Isn't this car a major gay icon?

Old Jan 8th 2013, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

That Jeep is the greenest car you can buy.

Takes little energy and toxic material to build it and goes on and on for ever and is repairable. Over its useful life uses less energy than other cars

All those priuses are posioning the earth just building them
Old Jan 8th 2013, 5:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

All those priuses are posioning the earth just building them
I agree. What a waste of space. A car to make middle-class westerners feel that they are 'doing their bit' to save the earth
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Australia summed up in one incident - 31st December and my front left tyre develops a bubble on the sidewall of the tyre. Drive to 5 different dealers and they all tell me it will be 2nd week January before the tyre for my bog standard Mazda is available in QLD and that I shouldn't do any highway driving. Screwing up our plans for NYE.

takeaway the sun and beaches and it's just a crappy little backwater, 20 years behind the rest of the world

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hh.

In Scotland I'd phone Kwik Fit and they'd be at my door in an hour!!
strangely the same thing happened to us on 24th Dec. Mechanic said- if you can hang on 30 mins, we will see to it.

It probably helps that we go to the same mechanic regularly.
Great service.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:32 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I didn't know you were gay

Isn't this car a major gay icon?

700 very straight members of the Melbourne Jeep Owners Club may disagree with you there.... unless there's something fundamental I have been missing at the monthly meetings!

BB
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:17 am
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

That Jeep is the greenest car you can buy........

Bwahahahahahaha - WAKE UP !

And on the subject of Queensland, if the world needed an enema they would stick the tube in Brisbane.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

The whole life ENERGY used on this particular car including building it running it and recycling its materials at the end of it's life over it's WHOLE LIFE are less than most other vehicles partly because they do have a long lifespan. It is a very simple vehicle and all the better for it

I would agree that most other JEEP models can not make the same claim

Most of the energy used by a car is in building it in the first place not the petrol you put in it.

The longer a car lasts the less polluting it is to the planet it is because you are not producing a new one to replace it!

The scrappage schemes in the UK and Europe were A political joke

Last edited by neil248; Jan 9th 2013 at 6:59 am.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

What has Queensland done to you? The local papers often have letters of advice for those who don't like the place, maybe take a look.

Ok I should of said ONE of the greenest cars you can buy.

Last edited by neil248; Jan 9th 2013 at 7:11 am.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:44 am
Victorian Evangelist

The whole life ENERGY used on this particular car including building it running it and recycling its materials at the end of it's life over it's WHOLE LIFE are less than most other vehicles partly because they do have a long lifespan. It is a very simple vehicle and all the better for it

I would agree that most other JEEP models can not make the same claim

Most of the energy used by a car is in building it in the first place not the petrol you put in it.

The longer a car lasts the less polluting it is to the planet it is because you are not producing a new one to replace it!

The scrappage schemes in the UK and Europe were A political joke
I have to say that while I am one of the biggest Jeep fans ever, I have never met a Jeep owner who considered environmental friendly-ness when making their purchasing decision.

Interesting stuff.

BB
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:07 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

australia can never be summed up
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:09 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
We got a Jeep Wrangler 6 months ago (thanks to some encouragement from Buzzy!) and we absolutely love it!

Like Buzzy said, it's so much fun. And it's brilliant off road and on the beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.