Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia ranks second for quality of life

Australia ranks second for quality of life

Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia ranks second for quality of life

Originally Posted by Burbage
Because of Slartibartfast.
Because of their EuroVision crown. Surely as good a measurement as any?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Officially the best country to live.. almost

Threads merged
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of
Default Re: Officially the best country to live.. almost

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Threads merged
You mean, one destroyed. Spent quite a few minutes digging up those UK/Oz facts, ah well.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:42 am
ABCDiamond

Ability to use more than a teaspoonful of water to shower in all year round:

UK: Decent chance.
Australia: Almost no chance.
Do some people still have a water problem then?

Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:58 am
ABCDiamond

We could add in a few more criteria that might help the UK's chances:

Number of animals less than a kilogram in weight that can kill you:

UK=0 (should be at least 1)
Australia=about 500
I've been bitten by more deadly snakes in the UK than I have in Australia.

Although Australian snakes are among the most venomous in the world, wide access to antivenom has made deaths exceedingly rare, with an average of only 2 deaths each year.

From the NHS: Each year, approximately 100 cases of adder bites are reported in the UK, with the last death reported being in 1975.

At least 125,000 people worldwide, die from snake bites every year.

Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:02 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I've been bitten by more deadly snakes in the UK than I have in Australia.

Although Australian snakes are among the most venomous in the world, wide access to antivenom has made deaths exceedingly rare, with an average of only 2 deaths each year.

From the NHS: Each year, approximately 100 cases of adder bites are reported in the UK, with the last death reported being in 1975.

At least 125,000 people worldwide, die from snake bites every year.
Busy today?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

If only you could capture ABCdiamond into pill form.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:08 am
ABCDiamond

Busy today?
No actually, a very slow relaxing day, now the school holidays are over

Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:23 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
If only you could capture ABCdiamond into pill form.
What? As a laxative?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:30 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It's not subjective and personal at all. If you look at the survey, you'll see that they use very specific criteria. They don't just sit around asking "OK, who's got the best quality of life?" without making any attempt to define the term.
I don't see, with respect, how it can be other than subjective.

Many, on this forum alone, laud and praise places, attitudes and things that I find personally unacceptable - and I'm sure vice versa. Some might place Australia near the bottom of the list (of developed countries), and others at the top. And for the same reasons!

So, unless you place all the values on such things as incomes, cost of living, medical facilities and other tangible assets, I don't see how any survey can make a judgement that is impartial.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:36 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol

Many, on this forum alone, laud and praise places, attitudes and things that I find personally unacceptable - and I'm sure vice versa. Some might place Australia near the bottom of the list (of developed countries), and others at the top. And for the same reasons!

So, unless you place all the values on such things as incomes, cost of living, medical facilities and other tangible assets, I don't see how any survey can make a judgement that is impartial.
I have to agree Wol. The fact the Uk is behind some really bizzare choices on this survey highlights, to me at least, how silly it is. I take these things with a large pinch of salt.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:57 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

spot on
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:00 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

because OZ has a much better climate
Absolute tosh!

How can you compare the climates when one country is the size of a continent?

Anyway not everyone enjoys extreme droughts, humidity, 40C + temps, bush fires, flies etc etc
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:07 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Of course australia is best ,we are told it everyday .
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:08 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by king kong
Of course australia is best ,we are told it everyday .Anyone who disagrees is shot .
Don't be stupid. They're only tortured a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.