British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Approaching 2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/approaching-2018-a-907310/)

Clacfart Dec 31st 2017 12:42 am

Approaching 2018

Hi everyone, I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas. I have had a bit of a break in regards to our move for the past week as it had gotten to a point where it just swamped everything I did.

So, now with a positive mind, here's to 2018 (possibly being one of the biggest of my life!!). To add, I have finally settled on Adelaide. A close friend of mine migrated to the UK from Adelaide and his sister works as a nurse out there.... good for me as he has put me in touch with her.

Needless to say, I'm excited!!

Who else is moving in 2018? Or is anyone moving back to the UK??

Much love xx

the troubadour Dec 31st 2017 3:59 am

Re: Approaching 2018

Good luck with all that. I thought Adelaide may just win out.

The Year of the Dog.....which begins in Feb looks one to bunker down in my case but if not a Goat or Dragon it may not such a bad call.......

Clacfart Dec 31st 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12407777)
Good luck with all that. I thought Adelaide may just win out.

The Year of the Dog.....which begins in Feb looks one to bunker down in my case but if not a Goat or Dragon it may not such a bad call.......

I wish you a very happy New year! Adelaide won mainly on the job front... must go where the work is.

However, I most definitely will be visiting WA as Jurien Bay has the most gorgeous skydiving drop zone that I just HAVE to visit :D

old.sparkles Dec 31st 2017 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Clacfart (Post 12407877)
I wish you a very happy New year! Adelaide won mainly on the job front... must go where the work is.

However, I most definitely will be visiting WA as Jurien Bay has the most gorgeous skydiving drop zone that I just HAVE to visit :D

Any idea on which hospital yet Clecfart?

I know there's a maternity unit at the Lyell McEwin Hospital which is my side of Adelaide (I live on the edge of the Barossa) and there's also Women's and Children and Royal Adelaide in the City and more. Found this site - SA Maternity Hospitals (Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond) - which lists all I think :)

Clacfart Dec 31st 2017 10:46 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12407899)
Any idea on which hospital yet Clecfart?

I know there's a maternity unit at the Lyell McEwin Hospital which is my side of Adelaide (I live on the edge of the Barossa) and there's also Women's and Children and Royal Adelaide in the City and more. Found this site - SA Maternity Hospitals (Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond) - which lists all I think :)

Lyell McEwin is the one that has offered me an interview! So I'm hoping for there but not going to put all of my eggs in one basket. I've been looking at Blakeview as little place to live but I guess again I'll have to look around properly when I'm there :D

old.sparkles Dec 31st 2017 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Clacfart (Post 12407901)
Lyell McEwin is the one that has offered me an interview! So I'm hoping for there but not going to put all of my eggs in one basket. I've been looking at Blakeview as little place to live but I guess again I'll have to look around properly when I'm there :D

Blakeview has some good streets and some not so good streets. I don't know it too well, but have friends at work who live there.

I live up in Gawler which is on the edge of the Barossa and not that much further out. Google says there's a place that does tandem skydiving not too far away, but not sure about Gawler airport or solo skydiving.

Clacfart Dec 31st 2017 11:51 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12407906)
Blakeview has some good streets and some not so good streets. I don't know it too well, but have friends at work who live there.

I live up in Gawler which is on the edge of the Barossa and not that much further out. Google says there's a place that does tandem skydiving not too far away, but not sure about Gawler airport or solo skydiving.

That is interesting to know. I'm going to check out the skydiving centre's websites to see what I can find out :lol:

Beoz Dec 31st 2017 12:15 pm

Happy New Year

I am going to single out here ......... GarryP :)

Keep it real sport.