Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone Watch 'The Apprentice Australia'?

Anyone Watch 'The Apprentice Australia'?

Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Watch 'The Apprentice Australia'?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I find any UK programme tagged on with the 'Australia' a bit too sad to watch.

I don't know why. I mean, I've watched Top Gear Australia, but its lame. It is missing everything, the Jeremy Clarkson wit, the Richard Hammond as the thinking womens hamster, and errr, James May

I think I managed about 5 minutes of the Apprentice Australia. Crap.

Actually I've just thought of one I like. 'The Best'. They've done an aussie version called 'The Best in Australia'. And its good fun. Its a cooking show for those not without foxtel. Its good fun. Aussie guy, Aussie girl and a bloke from Northern Ireland.

JTL
Personally I noticed the same affect when they tacked UK onto the original American version of the Apprentice. Point taken though that very few UK shows copied in Australia are as good. eg Top Gear, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Weakest Link. I think Britain has a larger talent pool of quality presenters, huge tv audiences and a more gabby culture that suits tv
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fish.01
Personally I noticed the same affect when they tacked UK onto the original American version of the Apprentice. Point taken though that very few UK shows copied in Australia are as good. eg Top Gear, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Weakest Link. I think Britain has a larger talent pool of quality presenters, huge tv audiences and a more gabby culture that suits tv
I agree. I watched a couple of the original US programme but couldn't make it through one episode of the UK version. All that fawning over 'Sir Alan' got to me in about 3 milliseconds. Also Alan Sugar is not in same league as Donald Trump (love or hate him). Don't think I'll bother with the Aussie one.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I agree. I watched a couple of the original US programme but couldn't make it through one episode of the UK version. All that fawning over 'Sir Alan' got to me in about 3 milliseconds. Also Alan Sugar is not in same league as Donald Trump (love or hate him). Don't think I'll bother with the Aussie one.
In that case, you'd hate the Aussie one

I've never seen the US one - perhaps I'll get a series on DVD.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I like all 3 versions (US, UK and Oz) of the Apprentice. Enjoyed Monday's episode, and was glad Lynton went.

What channel is The Best Australia on? I loved the UK one of that (and bought the cookbook too)
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiestar
I like all 3 versions (US, UK and Oz) of the Apprentice. Enjoyed Monday's episode, and was glad Lynton went.

What channel is The Best Australia on? I loved the UK one of that (and bought the cookbook too)
Lifestyle Channel, Mondays 8pm. Its got 'Bender' in it from the UK one, and some Aussie girl and some Northern Ireland chef.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Thanks!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 10:14 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Me too, I love them all! I think it's going to get really good. Glad mean Lynton went. I like the little young boy.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Me too, I love them all! I think it's going to get really good. Glad mean Lynton went. I like the little young boy.
Even though he has "Idea diarrhoea". LOL! Plenty of laughs.