British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Any Perth Plumbers know how to get this off? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/any-perth-plumbers-know-how-get-off-903710/)

Bazza Boy Sep 23rd 2017 5:24 am

Any Perth Plumbers know how to get this off?

1 Attachment(s)
It says sewer on the cap and is out the front of my property. I want to drain 10,000 litres out of my pool, but can't work out how to get the bastard off....

old.sparkles Sep 23rd 2017 5:37 am

Re: Any Perth Plumbers know how to get this off?

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy (Post 12344542)
It says sewer on the cap and is out the front of my property. I want to drain 10,000 litres out of my pool, but can't work out how to get the bastard off....

Can't help with the image, but doesn't your filter have a waste setting? you can drain down that way using your pool vacuum maybe

Beoz Sep 23rd 2017 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy (Post 12344542)

Dig deeper then hacksaw it off.

Bazza Boy Sep 23rd 2017 6:04 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12344547)
Can't help with the image, but doesn't your filter have a waste setting? you can drain down that way using your pool vacuum maybe

Hi old.sparkles. I could do, but the water needs to go somewhere. 10,000 litres is too much for my soakwells.

old.sparkles Sep 23rd 2017 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy (Post 12344555)
Hi old.sparkles. I could do, but the water needs to go somewhere. 10,000 litres is too much for my soakwells.

Ah okay.

I had another look - does it unscrew at all?

old.sparkles Sep 23rd 2017 6:50 am

I did a quick search on Mitre 10's site. Only two types I could see were either push on or screw fit. If you did down a bit further around the fitting and you can't feel any signs of it being push on (step on the pipework) then it should unscrew.

If it ls a push on fitting, it may have been 'welded' in place. Hopefully someone with plumbing experience will be along soon, but if it has been welded I would think you'd have to cut it off :(

Beoz Sep 23rd 2017 9:01 am

I stand by original suggestion. I had to do the same in my garden. Just could not remove the lid.

Bazza Boy Sep 26th 2017 3:10 am

Thank you both very much for your suggestions. I ran the hose to my normal house drain (outside bathroom). Luckily, the pump I bought is cheap and nasty so the rate of flow is so slow, it could take the assault!

Thanks again

Big Barry 😘

cresta57 Oct 1st 2017 1:07 pm

Last bloke I know that emptied his pool found that the valve in the base of the pool had seized and the pool simply popped out of the ground, breaking it's back as it floated in the wet clay.
:eek:

Bazza Boy Oct 1st 2017 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 12350920)
Last bloke I know that emptied his pool found that the valve in the base of the pool had seized and the pool simply popped out of the ground, breaking it's back as it floated in the wet clay.

Thanks Cresta.

When you have something helpful to say, let me know.

cresta57 Oct 1st 2017 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy (Post 12350923)
Thanks Cresta.

You think spending 22k on a pool and having it pop out of the ground is a joke?
Might I suggest you google and then come back and I'll accept your apology. Like I said emptying a pool can have very serious consequences.

Jerseygirl Oct 1st 2017 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 12350920)

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy (Post 12350923)
Thanks Cresta.

Cresta is correct...a large volume of water is likely to force the pool out of the ground. This can happen whether the valve is faulty or not. Use a pump and hose with the water flowing as far away from the site of the pool of possible.

Bazza Boy Oct 1st 2017 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 12350925)
You think spending 22k on a pool and having it pop out of the ground is a joke?
Might I suggest you google and then come back and I'll accept your apology. Like I said emptying a pool can have very serious consequences.

Like I said. When you have something helpful to say, let me know.

spouse of scouse Oct 1st 2017 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy (Post 12350969)

:confused:

cresta57 Oct 1st 2017 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy (Post 12350969)

You're very welcome, my rates for retiling pools are quite competitive, they do however have to still be in the ground otherwise scaffolding cost is extra.