Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another loss to the music world

Another loss to the music world

Old Mar 12th 2016, 9:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another loss to the music world

Keith Emerson, the co-founder and keyboardist of progressive rock group Emerson, Lake and Palmer, has died aged 71, according to his former band mates.
"We regret to announce that Keith Emerson died last night at his home in Santa Monica, Los Angeles," read a statement on the band's Facebook page.
Emerson was considered one of the top keyboard players of the prog rock era.
He died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, Santa Monica police confirmed to the BBC.
His death was being investigated as a suicide, police added.

Progressive rock legend Emerson dies - BBC News

Very sad, loved their music.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 3:19 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another loss to the music world

Very sad, I was an ELP fan from being about 16 years of age. One by on all my hero's are dropping off the stage, when Rick Wakeman eventually goes I shall be very sad.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 4:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Very sad, I was an ELP fan from being about 16 years of age. One by on all my hero's are dropping off the stage, when Rick Wakeman eventually goes I shall be very sad.
Oh don't gp there I adore Rick's music, with and without Yes. That will be a very sad day.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Was when I changed musical direction from my most of my mates....... ELP YES Greenslade and Roxy Music (the early years of RM that is)

Great songs and genre...

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 14th 2016 at 11:29 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

ELP will always mean for me their version of Aaron Copeland's Fanfare for the Common Man which they will be playing at the pearly gates for Keith I'm sure.