Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another completely random post...

Another completely random post...

Old Jul 7th 2016, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another completely random post...

Who here believes in ghosts? And why? The human brain is such a powerful thing, perhaps people who have 'seen' or experienced ghosts or the like is just a trick of the brain?
Old Jul 7th 2016, 9:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another completely random post...

There is not a shred of reliable evidence that ghosts exist.

IMO it is very telling that ghosts are rarely reported after the death of all the people who knew the person who died and allegedly became a ghost. Most ghosts are gone within about 50 years of the death of the person who died.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen a ghost but yes I do believe. I think it is too easy to dismiss everyone that reports something as a liar, why would they. Also I have had enough personal experience with clairvoyants to convince me that spirits remain.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Ghost was on TV this week. 26 years old now. Terrible film.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 1:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I have never seen a ghost but yes I do believe. I think it is too easy to dismiss everyone that reports something as a liar, ....
I don't think that they're "a liar", I think it is a phenomenon in their head - it's "real", but only to them.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I don't think that they're "a liar", I think it is a phenomenon in their head - it's "real", but only to them.
That's what I'm sort of hinting at. I wonder if all experiences are a trick or at least something the mind makes the person believe. Jury is out for me
Old Jul 9th 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Still Game
That's what I'm sort of hinting at. I wonder if all experiences are a trick or at least something the mind makes the person believe. Jury is out for me
Well if that's you question "do people see ghosts (in their mind)" then my answer would be different - yes, they are a "real" experience, but per my post #2 above, those experiences are personal and not independently verifiable as a real world phenomenon.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whether I believe in ghosts as such - but I've certainly had many, many inexplicable events in my life. I also have a psychic connection with my siblings and children. Had a really weird thing happen a couple of months ago - spooked me for a week because I didn't like the explanations about what it could have been according to those who believe. My 17 year old daughter was asleep in my bed in pyjamas, my bedroom is directly opposite the toilet and bathroom. Anyway, I walked down the hallway to go and wake her for school (my other kids were already up) and I saw her walk from the direction of the toilet across the hallway in front of me, she did glance at me as she passed. She was dressed all in black with makeup on as if she was going out and I thought, she'd already gotten out of bed and wondered why she wasn't in school uniform. This was a split second thing and as I walked into my bedroom and started asking her why she wasn't in uniform, I saw her sleeping in my bed in her pyjamas still and the girl in black had gone. So strange.