All the Gear

Old Jan 27th 2015, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Unfortunately my last ex thought the same
I was going to make a 5 inch joke reply but I thought 'Joe will do it'.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I was going to make a 5 inch joke reply but I thought 'Joe will do it'.
I seem to remember yours was only 4" last time we measured anyway?
Old Jan 27th 2015, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
I seem to remember yours was only 4" last time we measured anyway?
I have an iPhone 6 plus. That's 5.5 inches that I like to carry around in my hand. I'll show it to you next time I see you.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Never really thought that 5" was enough. It needs at least 7" I think to be truly workable IMHO.

Of course, much more than 5" doesn't comfortably fit in a jeans pocket.
Stop wearing skinny jeans then.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 7:09 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Stop wearing skinny jeans then.
Normal jeans - and it ends up poking out the top....

I'm just saying that holding both in your hands there is a wealth of difference between 5 inches and 7 inches....

Getting 6 inches might be possible, if they shaved off the top and bottom and went for girth instead.

(I wonder how many more double entendre I can fit in?)
Old Jan 27th 2015, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Normal jeans - and it ends up poking out the top....

I'm just saying that holding both in your hands there is a wealth of difference between 5 inches and 7 inches....

Getting 6 inches might be possible, if they shaved off the top and bottom and went for girth instead.

(I wonder how many more double entendre I can fit in?)
Shallow pockets though
Old Jan 28th 2015, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apple iPhone 6 Plus: How Steve Jobs got it wrong, big time | smh.com.au

The big squeeze is upon us. Next up .... The Apple Surface.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

New phone coming. Just trying to talk work into getting my the Galaxy Note 4. The accountants are confused by my choice as its not in the script.

Any other options I could go with? Want the 5.5" screen. ....... and no not interested in the iPhone 6 plus.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK, you can pick up the Moto G 4G in the UK (via Tesco) for £105 (~$194) at the moment and unlock it for ~£1.60.

Tesco Mobile Motorola Moto G™ + 4G White/Black - £105 with New Customer code @ Tesco Direct - Hot UK Deals

As I understand it, the UK and Australian versions have the same 4G bands (1, 3, 7, 8, 20)

Major advantage is obviously that it will be supported by Motorola, whereas a chinese phone won't. The lollipop rollout has started for this phone.

Tethering is more a matter of carrier policies than anything though, some do, some don't.
So update on this one.

Got the LG L20 in the end and on your advice and also the advice from the 02 shop assistance I wouldn't not be able to tether. I actually didn't try it for the first week thinking it was no chance. When I did the thing could tether. It was brilliant.

So the L20 was 19 quid, had the Android OS, so for 19 quid was perfectly adequate. I little hard to type text and email as the screen is small but for the price couldn't fault it.

For a trip to the UK for a few weeks absolutely perfect for price.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 1:12 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

New phone coming. Just trying to talk work into getting my the Galaxy Note 4. The accountants are confused by my choice as its not in the script.

Any other options I could go with? Want the 5.5" screen. ....... and no not interested in the iPhone 6 plus.
Have you checked out what's be announced at MWC?

Not kept up to date, but isn't the Sony Z4 due soon?

Obviously the Samsung S6 is announced, but at 5.1". HTC M9 is also out there, about the same size, and the LG G4 is due. BTW, things seem to be focusing down on the 5 - 5.3 inch type of size range.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have you checked out what's be announced at MWC?

Not kept up to date, but isn't the Sony Z4 due soon?

Obviously the Samsung S6 is announced, but at 5.1". HTC M9 is also out there, about the same size, and the LG G4 is due. BTW, things seem to be focusing down on the 5 - 5.3 inch type of size range.
Good idea will check them out. I knew MWC was online but not kept in touch.

I saw the S6 features. It's kind of nice to replace the battery every now and then and throw in an expansion card.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 1:37 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Good idea will check them out. I knew MWC was online but not kept in touch.

I saw the S6 features. It's kind of nice to replace the battery every now and then and throw in an expansion card.
I'd suggest it's key to work out exactly what use cases you want it for. Things have settled down a hell of a lot now. 5" screens are the sweet spot. 1080p is quite enough resolution really (the flagships have QHD though) and the processors haven't really got much to add.

As such you can actually go fairly far downmarket for many people, saving the money for something else. For instance, I'd suggest that saving $100 by going 1080p rather than QHD could tend be spent on a pebble smartwatch - the combination of which with the phone could actually yield a more functional system.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 1:43 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest it's key to work out exactly what use cases you want it for. Things have settled down a hell of a lot now. 5" screens are the sweet spot. 1080p is quite enough resolution really (the flagships have QHD though) and the processors haven't really got much to add.

As such you can actually go fairly far downmarket for many people, saving the money for something else. For instance, I'd suggest that saving $100 by going 1080p rather than QHD could tend be spent on a pebble smartwatch - the combination of which with the phone could actually yield a more functional system.

I keep meaning to look at the LG G3 Stylus. My Note 2 is starting to show some signs of being on the way out, but I am sadly now wedded to the stylus driven phone. I find the extra dimension of usability the stylus allows is excellent.

The Note is good, as it offers true split screen multitasking, which I use a lot, so the LG will need to offer a similar level of functionality to be a contender.

S
Old Mar 5th 2015, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Been on the 5" for the last 2 years. For me its no longer the sweet spot. Doing more and more on the phone now. Time to go large.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

When's a truly flexible screen coming, so you can have 7 or 8 inches curled up in your pocket ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.