All the Gear

Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Yeah but then I'd have a Surface tablet.
The complete package. ..... but of course if it doesn't have a big white half chewed apple on it then the blinkers will look past it.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

So here's the iWatch - Apple iWatch set to be a mobile wallet with tap-and-touch payments

I was seeing my doctor last week and he had the Samsung watch on. The phone rang and he killed the call from his watch. It "looked" cool. I think I'd have to test it out for a few weeks before I could commit.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 3:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but then I'd have a Surface tablet.

Is that a Surface? The form factor seems all wrong...

S
Old Sep 5th 2014, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The complete package. ..... but of course if it doesn't have a big white half chewed apple on it then the blinkers will look past it.
The complete package including the weight of a plate of roast dinner.

They missed the point when they made these tablets.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Is that a Surface? The form factor seems all wrong...

S
Don't know.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The complete package including the weight of a plate of roast dinner.

They missed the point when they made these tablets.
Ha ha. Weight - Not exactly a show stopper. Well, if Apple can make a hybrid for under 800 grams with all the features good luck to them. And good luck to anyone who feels they can sketch with a pad in one hand and a stylus in the other.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't understand your point. Weight is a big deal for tablets. The lighter the better. This hybrid device doesn't know what it wants to be and that's true of most hybrid things. They are not great at any 1 thing.

Sketching is usually done whilst resting the tablet on surface such as a table. But, the tablet is used for other things such as reading, watching movies, composing emails etc.

The Microsoft website displaying these tablets compares them to a MacBook Air, not an iPad. Their top end 'laplet' or whatever they might call it costs nearly as much as a MacBook Pro. I'm not trying to rubbish anything other than iPad's as I'd like to see some proper competition to that market, but Microsoft don't know what they have. They know they got the first version of the surface wrong and now seem to have tried to invent a new market. They are not tablets though. What's the point in a touch screen when the device is too heavy to hold for any length of time?

Have you seen the size of the power block they ship these with?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't understand your point. Weight is a big deal for tablets. The lighter the better. This hybrid device doesn't know what it wants to be and that's true of most hybrid things. They are not great at any 1 thing.

Sketching is usually done whilst resting the tablet on surface such as a table. But, the tablet is used for other things such as reading, watching movies, composing emails etc.

The Microsoft website displaying these tablets compares them to a MacBook Air, not an iPad. Their top end 'laplet' or whatever they might call it costs nearly as much as a MacBook Pro. I'm not trying to rubbish anything other than iPad's as I'd like to see some proper competition to that market, but Microsoft don't know what they have. They know they got the first version of the surface wrong and now seem to have tried to invent a new market. They are not tablets though. What's the point in a touch screen when the device is too heavy to hold for any length of time?

Have you seen the size of the power block they ship these with?
What tech gets it right first time? The utlimate for me is a single device. Unfortunately my line of work dictates I have a beast, therefore for work I'm stuck with the Lenovo W540 with all the trimmings. If it wasn't for all the graphics I need to crunch and if I was an accountant spreadsheet Nazi I'd be all over the Surface Pro 3 or something similar. I use the Surface 1 RT for the coffee table pad. Lovely little device for the price I paid. When I think about a weight issue, I can't as most of the time its resting on my leg or mounted using the keyboard foldy thing. I do have one annoyance with it. You can't install exe or msi. RT is dead thankfully
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moto 360 circular smartwatch released by Motorola - BBC News

and here is the Motorola smart watch
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

iPhone 6 launch: live coverage | smh.com.au

So there it is folks. A new bigger phone and a watch. Certainly playing catchup on samsung for the high level concept bit. Will need to check the specs in detail to see if they have surpassed Samsung on the detail.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

NFC is finally about to kick off proper. This Apple Pay looks very useful but it might take some time to get it in Australia. More secure than current paywave/paypass solutions.

I'm in the market for a new iPhone and am inclined to go against my head and get the iPhone 6 plus. It has optical image stabilisation and the other doesn't.

The iWatch doesn't look as trendy as the Motorolla one but I think the dial was a good idea. Plus, it's not advertised as heavily voice driven. Definite plus in my book. It looks like it has many functions and so thereis a big question mark on battery life. Charger wise, they got that nailed. Price wise, they are kidding. But, this will probably outsell every other smart watch as it's not simply a pedometer with walking directions.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The price of the iphone 6 plus is nuts
Old Sep 10th 2014, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

XL Size: Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. LG G3 - GSMArena Blog

The price point is really targeting exisiting users. Can't see the Android crowd switching at that price. I was kind of interested in the 240fps video mode. Need to see a video done with it.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
XL Size: Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. LG G3 - GSMArena Blog

The price point is really targeting exisiting users. Can't see the Android crowd switching at that price. I was kind of interested in the 240fps video mode. Need to see a video done with it.
It wil be interesting to see what it offers - probably the 1st iphone that isn't a fashion accessory

The shitty ios operating system will always hold it back but the hardware could be pretty good
Old Sep 10th 2014, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It wil be interesting to see what it offers - probably the 1st iphone that isn't a fashion accessory

The shitty ios operating system will always hold it back but the hardware could be pretty good
Overall the specs for the iPhone 6 plus are crap compared to the existing Note. Apple execs are playing a risky game by putting the price where it is. These guys are smart enough to look at the competition and understand they have an inferior product. By putting the price where it is, the Apple execs are making a mockery of the iPhone faithful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.