All the Gear

Old Sep 4th 2014, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default All the Gear

Galaxy Note 4 by Samsung, limited edition Galaxy Note Edge with Gear S smartwatch in bid to beat Apple

Would you?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 2:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

The phone yes, the watch no

I've had the Note 1 & 2 - both great phones

Currently have the Sony Z Ultra (which I got for $349 at the Sony Store). It's comedy big but so versatile and a bargain for what I paid for it
Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Nope- I don't even have a smart phone, and no intention of getting one. Why the need to upgrade every year?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I like techno stuff but the phone has to be small enough to fit in my jeans pocket. It does look quite attractive though but the thought of setting everything up from scratch is a bit of a deterrent - wonder what Apple has in store (this month?)
Old Sep 4th 2014, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Hmm, I like techno stuff but the phone has to be small enough to fit in my jeans pocket. It does look quite attractive though but the thought of setting everything up from scratch is a bit of a deterrent - wonder what Apple has in store (this month?)
A larger phone

iPhone 6 release date, news and rumors | News | TechRadar
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The phone yes, the watch no

I've had the Note 1 & 2 - both great phones

Currently have the Sony Z Ultra (which I got for $349 at the Sony Store). It's comedy big but so versatile and a bargain for what I paid for it

I like the Note too - still on a Note 2, but may upgrade to a 4 if the price is right later in the year. I like the additional versatility the large screen and the stylus give - I find that this far outweighs having a slightly larger phone.

I don't wear a watch - so I don't think I would bother with that. I think I'd be tempted to try talking to KITT all day with it if I had the watch...

S
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I like the Note too - still on a Note 2, but may upgrade to a 4 if the price is right later in the year. I like the additional versatility the large screen and the stylus give - I find that this far outweighs having a slightly larger phone.

I don't wear a watch - so I don't think I would bother with that. I think I'd be tempted to try talking to KITT all day with it if I had the watch...

S
Michael Knight spoke to KITT through a watch? I did not know that. But, a watch is just too geeky. Saying that, I have a GPS watch that does phone notifications but it doesn't have silly things like a web browser.

I would like to see the iPad have a better stylus solution as I like to sketch on it but have to use a glove (which I tailored to work).

A bigger iPhone is not a requirement for me but that looks to be the way they are going.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I would like to see the iPad have a better stylus solution as I like to sketch on it but have to use a glove (which I tailored to work).
You'll get that on Android or Surface.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah I thought the Note was too big for the pocket until I was speaking to a mate who always loses his phone. He has a Note now and likes it because he can feel it in his pocket. Hasn't lost a phone since.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You'll get that on Android or Surface.
Only on Samsung as far as I know as they use a different type of touch screen. But, Samsung is just too gimmicky.
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Knight spoke to KITT through a watch? I did not know that. But, a watch is just too geeky. Saying that, I have a GPS watch that does phone notifications but it doesn't have silly things like a web browser.

A bigger iPhone is not a requirement for me but that looks to be the way they are going.

He certainly did!

Capacitive screens don't seem to like styluses too well - most of them have that huge stupid bulbous end on, which is next to useless for detailed work...

S
Attached Thumbnails All the Gear-michael-knight-rider-hoff.jpg  
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I thought the Note was too big for the pocket until I was speaking to a mate who always loses his phone. He has a Note now and likes it because he can feel it in his pocket. Hasn't lost a phone since.
How deep are his pockets?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
He certainly did!

Capacitive screens don't seem to like styluses too well - most of them have that huge stupid bulbous end on, which is next to useless for detailed work...

S
How did I not remember this about Knight Rider? I remember really wanting a calculator watch. I wasn't expecting it to make phone calls but the buttons made it look like it could. I must have seen it on Knight Rider.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Only on Samsung as far as I know as they use a different type of touch screen. But, Samsung is just too gimmicky.
Got nuts - you may like use of the Apple bluetooth keyboard

Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Got nuts - you may like use of the Apple bluetooth keyboard

Yeah but then I'd have a Surface tablet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.