ABC Q&A

Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ABC Q&A

Originally Posted by knockoff nige

Your point on the chaplains though I'm not sure is correct. Weren't they in schools before the last election? I disagree with them even though I'm not against religion. But the idea of it seems incredibly hypocritical. It also makes Australia look like a 1950's town in the US South.
Not necessarily chaplins, but there have been scripture classes,30mins a week in public primary schools in NSW, taken by people from the various religions. When they started I don't know but have definitely taken place since before 1966. Parents can request that their children don't attend these if they wish. Can remember at one time a young priest brought his guitar to one of the RC classes - it was amazing how the number of RC students swelled during that period.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And I wouldn't call you that either - despite some of the stuff you post!
You're just a bit selective in what you reply to? I did ask you a question.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You're just a bit selective in what you reply to? I did ask you a question.
What was the question again?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 10:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Why do 'new' posters choose to join BE just to ask a question like this .... and then bugger off, presumably to enjoy seeing the fur fly?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Your point on the chaplains though I'm not sure is correct. Weren't they in schools before the last election? I disagree with them even though I'm not against religion. But the idea of it seems incredibly hypocritical. It also makes Australia look like a 1950's town in the US South.
I think Garry is talking about this issue: One small school, one big problem | Jacqui Tomlins
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I think Garry is talking about this issue: One small school, one big problem | Jacqui Tomlins
Horrible stuff. Borderline dictatorship.

And many of the idiots who support this government think they got a liberal government.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible stuff. Borderline dictatorship.

And many of the idiots who support this government think they got a liberal government.
Who me? Name calling ...... A very traditionally dumb labour thing to do.

Here's what you do. Take matters into your own hands, look after yourself, and go private. That way you are closer to the top and those at the top actually have the bandwidth to listen to your ideas and complaints.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 6:44 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 23rd 2014, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beoz
Who me? Name calling ...... A very traditionally dumb labour thing to do.

Here's what you do. Take matters into your own hands, look after yourself, and go private. That way you are closer to the top and those at the top actually have the bandwidth to listen to your ideas and complaints.
Labour might do that, can't see what thats got to do with me.

Do you defend the government for what happened in the article that fish.01 posted?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

That comedian is very funny and nails it.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Labour might do that, can't see what thats got to do with me.

Do you defend the government for what happened in the article that fish.01 posted?
This article is the opinion of one woman in one tin pop town. Get a grip.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

This article is the opinion of one woman in one tin pop town. Get a grip.
The article is about removing support for qualified school counsellors and only offering the same money for chaplains. My grip is secure, you're slipping. Do you support it or not?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The article is about removing support for qualified school counsellors and only offering the same money for chaplains. My grip is secure, you're slipping. Do you support it or not?
Its a non issue. I had a chaplain at school. Brilliant dude. He taught religion, science, maths, coached the first XI cricket and served as the school social worker. He was approachable and many confided in him. I don't have a religious bone in my body but I have only good things to say about this guy. Don't be so quick to judge (I seem to say this a lot to you). You are rapidly running out of complaints about this government. If chaplains is where you are at now ..... Well keep digging.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its a non issue. I had a chaplain at school. Brilliant dude. He taught religion, science, maths, coached the first XI cricket and served as the school social worker. He was approachable and many confided in him. I don't have a religious bone in my body but I have only good things to say about this guy. Don't be so quick to judge (I seem to say this a lot to you). You are rapidly running out of complaints about this government. If chaplains is where you are at now ..... Well keep digging.
Except, you miss the point again. This isn't an attack on school chaplains. I'm sure there's plenty of caring individuals who do this role. The government want schools to specifically use religious chaplains and won't offer any money for anything else. These people are not allowed to offer religious counselling though which means this is a complete waste of money for any side of politics.

Good for you to not having a problem in school that would require counselling from a trained counsellor. Many kids need this and many families can't afford it in their own. A teacher might be able to offer this service to a degree and that's really all we had in school. But why are we spending this money then on a non productive service? Stop avoiding the question and answer it. Do you support it or not?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Except, you miss the point again. This isn't an attack on school chaplains. I'm sure there's plenty of caring individuals who do this role. The government want schools to specifically use religious chaplains and won't offer any money for anything else. These people are not allowed to offer religious counselling though which means this is a complete waste of money for any side of politics.

Good for you to not having a problem in school that would require counselling from a trained counsellor. Many kids need this and many families can't afford it in their own. A teacher might be able to offer this service to a degree and that's really all we had in school. But why are we spending this money then on a non productive service? Stop avoiding the question and answer it. Do you support it or not?
I did answer it (rich coming from chief question avoider - so who did you vote for again in the last election? - we still haven't had an answer to that). Its a good thing as I explained my only experience with a chaplain in school was positive. ...... and who are you to say whether I or my family used the school chaplain as a service or not? But its a small time issue.

As the article says the there's one social worker for 115 students. That's a bit of a wasted channel of resource. Better off helping the wider community or multi tasking in the school - perhaps a bit of teaching. A good tidy up of more wasted welfare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.