Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

12 points for speeding...

12 points for speeding...

Old May 2nd 2010, 9:34 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default 12 points for speeding...

how lucky am I...

I think i might cop a ban
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 12 points for speeding...

Oh dear
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
how lucky am I...

How fast were you going could you do that good behaviour thing? Where you can't get a point for a year or something?
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:54 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno..I had all the family with me at the time
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:07 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno..I had all the family with me at the time

Are we talking car speeding or summat else
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

how lucky am I...

You can plead need to be allowed to go to work and back, then have tone a saint for I think it's a year.
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

If you were driving and had family in the car and were speeding as in driving, I have no sympathy.
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kingseat
If you were driving and had family in the car and were speeding as in driving, I have no sympathy.
It may be an accumalitive points fine. Speed limits here are so low it's hard not to get done as has been said many times before. That's why they put speed cameras at top of banks with silly speed limits as they know people are going to have to do more than the speed to get their car comfortable up the bank.
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of

Must admit I'm feeling it difficult to find sympathy too. I don't get how people get these speeding fines - surely you look at the speedometer?
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

My old Magna only gets up to 100. Shame because I live at 106.
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:08 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to go far over the speed limit to be caught out. He may not have been going that fast albeit over the limit.

Originally Posted by pproehann
It may be an accumalitive points fine. Speed limits here are so low it's hard not to get done as has been said many times before. That's why they put speed cameras at top of banks with silly speed limits as they know people are going to have to do more than the speed to get their car comfortable up the bank.
I've had cars up my arse getting annoyed and in some circumstances I've seen that following the limit has caused major tail backs

Originally Posted by iolande
Must admit I'm feeling it difficult to find sympathy too. I don't get how people get these speeding fines - surely you look at the speedometer?
The speed limits over here are ridiculously slow. Yes it's the law and no no one should speed. However it is easily done.

To the OP: Was this accumulative points and was it in the car or is this a play on words and you were on a race track
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

how lucky am I...

12 points earnt in one incident??
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:45 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

OP - you have my sympathies.

I picked up 6 points this easter in NSW for an offence that would have been 1 point in QLD! I was cruising at 110kph down the freeway and a police officer pulled a dangerous u-turn to pursue me. He pulled me over and announced that I was doing 111kph in a 100kph zone. (I was sure it was a 110 - but clearly wrong). I didnt realise until I researched further that
a) 'Buy 1 get 1 free' rules were in place for demerit points in NSW at the time
b) 11kph over is a 3 point penalty in NSW (needs to be 13over to be 3 points in QLD)

Theres no point arguing about it - I've paid up and will just have to persuade the wife to drive as much as possible for a few months as I'm now up to 9pts and cant afford the insurance increases that would result if I picked up another 3 points and a ban! - Better to have her drive and run the risks.

...oh - and I learnt my lesson and will NOT holiday in NSW for a very very long time
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:46 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
12 points earnt in one incident??
drive through a traffic light at 71kph in a 60 zone (i.e. not ridiculously fast by anyones imagination) just as the light flips to red on a public holiday weekend in NSW - bingo 12 points and a 3 month ban.
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by DadAgain
drive through a traffic light at 71kph in a 60 zone (i.e. not ridiculously fast by anyones imagination) just as the light flips to red on a public holiday weekend in NSW - bingo 12 points and a 3 month ban.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.