£1 = $1.81

Old Mar 2nd 2014, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £1 = $1.81

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Wow! We got 1.75 in July last year.

Very possibly.

Hmm, it's shifting pretty fast then isn't it.

Let's hope so, I'm over in August.

How much actual cash can you carry with you/on you, do you know?
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Given Putin that's got to be very likely, quite soon.
Yeah, I agree.

I'd put my money on May for things going over $2:£1, if we don't hit it sooner.
Wow, that would be good for us.

What was the exchange when you emigrated?
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulry
I reckon it'll be around 2 to 1 by mid year and the trend will continue until about 2.2/2.3 to 1 by the middle of next year. But perhaps that's wishful thinking

Yeah, you may be able to sell your house pretty soon.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Hmm, it's shifting pretty fast then isn't it.

Let's hope so, I'm over in August.

How much actual cash can you carry with you/on you, do you know?
You need to declare amounts above $10k I think - I don't think I'd be carrying that much cash though - transfer to oz bank account with a forex company for the best rates. If near London you can open an account with Westpac and do security so you have EFTPOS cards before leaving - just update address on arrival. Otherwise, you can open an account online, and do security on arrival - don't think it takes long to get cards
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You need to declare amounts above $10k I think - I don't think I'd be carrying that much cash though - transfer to oz bank account with a forex company for the best rates. If near London you can open an account with Westpac and do security so you have EFTPOS cards before leaving - just update address on arrival. Otherwise, you can open an account online, and do security on arrival - don't think it takes long to get cards
Thanks for that OS.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well it looks like we might not see £1 = $2.. After all.

http://www.poundsterlinglive.com/aud...-update-443534
Old Mar 5th 2014, 10:17 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Well it looks like we might not see £1 = $2.. After all.

http://www.poundsterlinglive.com/aud...-update-443534
Have confidence in incompetence.

Hockey seems to show every sign that he's going to plough ahead with an austerity budget, and in doing so depress the economy even more. Dumping tens of thousands of government employees onto the job market on top of thousands of job losses in big business is going to push that growth number down.

The 'improvement' in any case seems to have been due to the public saving less and spending more on the run up to christmas - eg it's not real 'international trading' growth.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have confidence in incompetence.

I like that quote Garry. I might just nick it.

Anyway, I hope you are right.