Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

$37m for touching her bra strap

$37m for touching her bra strap

Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:38 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $37m for touching her bra strap

I'd just like to say that I'd happily wear a bra that he could touch for 10%. But then I'm cheap.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'd just like to say that I'd happily wear a bra that he could touch for 10%. But then I'm cheap.
10% of your wages wont be much
oh you mean of his
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Centurion
10% of his income is only $446,000.

The other woman is going for 8 years of his salary and bonuses (or 21 years of just his salary)

In 2009, McInnes took home salary of $1.78 million and a bonus of $2.68 million.
Britney Spears is also on the receiving end of a similar claim from a man... for revealing parts of her body to him

Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
Your attitude is probably why most rapes go unreported
My attitude is based on ridiculous court cases asking for ridiculous amounts of money. It makes a mockery of the legal system.

I suppose you think she was "asking for it" too!:curse:
Way to go. Read into something that isn't there.

Wrong most rapes are never reported and out of the small % that are an even smaller % lead to a conviction, others are withdrawn because of the lack of evidence.
What you say there is correct but that doesn't take into account the amount of reported rapes that are withdrawn because they didn't happen in the first place and if they didn't happen no wonder there was a lack of evidence.

Are you saying that false accusations of rape don't happen? If you are saying that then you are wrong.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
im quite shocked as some on here

the amount she is chasing is a set amount. it is a % of what he earns.
He doesn't earn anywhere close to $37 million a year. Initially she was asking for $800K. It only went up to $37 million when she changed to the law firm she is using now as they have a reputation for cases asking for these ridiculous sums.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
And not knowing the words to '500 miles' by the proclaimers when pissed on two pints(aussie style)
And what is havering anyway?
Old Sep 11th 2010, 3:01 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
My attitude is based on ridiculous court cases asking for ridiculous amounts of money. It makes a mockery of the legal system.
A mockery of the Legal system I don't think so. The point of punitive damages is not to provide compensation. Rather, the aim is to punish the defendants and to provide them with an incentive to change their operations or culture.

When it comes to workplace sexual harassment, under-reporting (not falsified reporting) is the biggest problem. Unfortunately, when women speak out they are routinely labelled as hypersensitive prudes or uptight feminazis. They are also frequently characterised as being financial vultures who either deliberately entrap men, or who fabricate claims in order to cash in.

I hope she get's the 37mil as It's only 5% of DJ profits not a lot IMO.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetical..... certainly not this case.

Woman flirts with employer in private, gains his trust and welcomes inappropriate attention, like bra flicking. Sometime down the track, employer does the flick in front of other people. Whereupon woman complains loudly and sues vigorously.

Or.....

Woman likes a certain person in her workplace and welcomes flirtation and sometimes inappropriate touching. Another male employee who the woman isnt so fond of tries the same thing, in goes a complaint.

I think a different punitive system could be called for.

In fact in the 2nd scenario that happens in our workplace right now, mostly to do with lewd jokes though.... or a bum bounce in a tight situation.

I dont see how you can legislate fairly and equitably for all human behavior. In my view these legal proceedings should be more towards DJ as a whole for not following company policy re employee complaints, of all types, and should carry a industry ceiling.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 11th 2010 at 3:37 am.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 3:59 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hypothetical.....

Woman flirts with employer in private, gains his trust and welcomes inappropriate attention, like bra flicking. Sometime down the track, employer does the flick in front of other people. Whereupon woman complains loudly and sues vigorously.

Or.....

Woman likes a certain person in her workplace and welcomes flirtation and sometimes inappropriate touching. Another male employee who the woman isnt so fond of tries the same thing, in goes a complaint.
This is why any kind of innapropriate behaviour whether welcomed or not should not be endorsed on the shop floor. And management in particular should know better.

If not, they get the book thrown at them.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Bollox! I missed my chance. When I was 16 I worked as a glass washer in a bar, all the other staff were female. Daily I got questioned about my sex life (or lack of), lots of innuendo about me ,I got my arse slapped and rubbed 'just for a larf', and was generally humilated and embarrassed by these older barmaids and managers in the hotel.

Never occurred to me to ask for my $37 million compensation.

JTL
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:45 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Bollox! I missed my chance. When I was 16 I worked as a glass washer in a bar, all the other staff were female. Daily I got questioned about my sex life (or lack of), lots of innuendo about me ,I got my arse slapped and rubbed 'just for a larf', and was generally humilated and embarrassed by these older barmaids and managers in the hotel.

JTL
yeh, but you're just a perv attention seeker
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
yeh, but you're just a perv attention seeker
I'd rather be a $37 million perv attention seeker.

JTL
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
I could be way off beam here but I don't think you'd have got anything other than someone asking if you were taking the piss. Sexual harassment seems to be considered a male instigated thing for some reason even in the 21st century.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
He doesn't earn anywhere close to $37 million a year. Initially she was asking for $800K. It only went up to $37 million when she changed to the law firm she is using now as they have a reputation for cases asking for these ridiculous sums.
i know he doesnt earn that amount. i saw on the telly how it is calculated and it had to do with how much he earned. cant remember how its done now.
she may have asked for $800k in the first place, that might be true?
if she had im sure DJ would have offered her a 100 grant and told her to fekk up and piss off!
that amount wouldnt hurt DJ, but a share of 37 mil will.
oh and if she was chasing 800 grand the story would have on the telly for a day. its because its now 37 mil that the press are going mad and fantastic in my opinion. even if she doesnt get a cent i bet a few more women have spoken out about pervs in the work place.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

JTL
ah but they were bar staff. you would have been given $22.50 if you had won in court

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.