$1000 payments

Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:35 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: $1000 payments

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
it is usually means tested

so we wont be getting it

45% tax and no benefits
I hear yah..... we're in that boat too.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest though. There's a reason we don't get anything.... it's because we don't need it. I'd rather that money be going to people that it would help more. To be honest I'd be pretty ticked off if we did get that money. There's a lot more people out there who deserve it more.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IvanM
If one parent stays at home and earns a small amount and the joint income is under 150k. Not sure what that small amount is.

http://www.familyassist.gov.au/Inter...ine_services#2

Use the estimator to find out.

Not sure if I will get it for part a but will get it because of the carers allowance for one of the monkeys. You do not want to be eligible for carers allowance.
I had a go at this and the thing that cracked me up was the drop down box for how many children you have.... it went up to 29 !!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:27 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I had a go at this and the thing that cracked me up was the drop down box for how many children you have.... it went up to 29 !!
Plus 29 with your other partners.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Allsaints is an unknown quantity at this point

Would we be eligible for the $1000 if we had arrived in the country on 4th October but our claim was not finalised until end of Nov?

Certainly wouldn't expect it, but if we are entitled to it - it would come in very handy!!!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Our bank statement shows 2 FTB entries, every 2 weeks, one is for FTB "A" the other FTB "B".
Thought FTB B was only for single parents and those with kids under 5, has it changed ?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Thought FTB B was only for single parents and those with kids under 5, has it changed ?
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...l_how_ftbb.htm
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Single parents or single income parents
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:26 am
ABCDiamond

Family Tax Benefit Part B - is quoted as being for single income families or sole parents, and has been for some time, at least 12 years that I am aware of.

An Example Family Tax Benefits at March 2008

Family with 3 children between 5 and 13, Single gross income of $50,000 per year:
Possible Family Assistance of $466.90 per fortnight or $12,139.40 per year.
This is made up of:
Family Tax Benefit Part A $369.74 per fortnight.
Family Tax Benefit Part B $87.08 per fortnight.
Large Family Supplement $10.08 per fortnight.

However, the non earner can actually earn as well.
If you are the secondary earner and your partner earns $150,000 or less, you can still get some FTB Part B if your income is below:
* $22,995 a year if your youngest child is under 5 years of age, OR
* $17,904 a year if your youngest child is between 5 and 18 years of age.

Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Allsaints
Would we be eligible for the $1000 if we had arrived in the country on 4th October but our claim was not finalised until end of Nov?

Certainly wouldn't expect it, but if we are entitled to it - it would come in very handy!!!

Hi, I was wondering the same, we arrived in Sept but did not register for family assist until recently, due to not yet working so wanted to claim annually when we know our salaries, we only registered aas we had to, to put our son's name down for after school/holiday club.
Money would be great but not expected.

Claire
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Single parents or single income parents

You know the more I read on these benefits the more mental one appears to be for working like a dawg.

Think if I add twins to the current brood I could do !00,000 grand a year and not leave the house
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You know the more I read on these benefits the more mental one appears to be for working like a dawg.

Think if I add twins to the current brood I could do !00,000 grand a year and not leave the house

Mmm, not sure it's worth it - one at a time is more than enough!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:53 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Ooh I'm counting the days until this little lump arrives in our bank account. We're so skint we can't even afford a tree this year, let alone presents etc. Half is going on Christmas and the other half is buying a cot and changing table for our forthcoming arrival. The sooner it's in there the sooner I can get my tree... I'm faaaar too excited about Christmas this year!!!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:59 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Allsaints

Most of the eligible families will automatically have the bonus paid into their bank account from December 8.

Most of the remainder are those who elect to receive the family tax benefit in their tax return, and they will get the bonus when they lodge their return, presumably next July (2009)
http://www.britzinoz.com/news.php?item.12.1

Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:02 am
ABCDiamond

I spent ours the other week...

LCD HD TV and HDD/DVD Recorder with digital set top box

I'm doing my bit for the Chinese economy as Kevin asked us to

Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:10 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I spent ours the other week...

LCD HD TV and HDD/DVD Recorder with digital set top box

I'm doing my bit for the Chinese economy as Kevin asked us to
Hehe, I refuse to spend ours until I actually see the $$$ in my bank account! I keep worrying Mr Rudd is gonna say it was a big joke or change the eligibility requirements or something...