Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Work Permit related Questions

Work Permit related Questions

Old Nov 1st 2016, 10:24 am
Just Joined

gentleurbane is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Work Permit related Questions

Hi,

I am in the process of getting together the documents required for work permit in barbados. That is a load of work :-)

A few questions in case anyone has doen this recently, as my company folks do not seem to have all answers. Alternatively a pointer to any agency who can answer would be helpful. I am currently in UK and the legal folks also are unclear.

1. Since UK police certificate does not come with finger prints, I need to give a sworn affidavit as well. Any one has a sample of the wordings/ guidance? My company does not seem to have this and the notary in UK is not sure as to what the content should be.

2. Is this a self declared affidavit or a third party declares certifying me?

3. Two of the countries I worked in (UK and India) both does not provide police certificate with finger prints. Does it mean I have to visit India and get the affidavits prepared?

Thank you folks for your help, any input will be much appreciated.

Last edited by gentleurbane; Nov 1st 2016 at 10:29 am.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Work Permit related Questions

I presume you are looking at something to resemble the Police Certificate of Character..

In that case go to:

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I had to do the same for my citizenship and got all I needed from there..
Old Nov 1st 2016, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ian. I got the ACRO sorted. Since it does not have finger prints, they need an affidavit as well. Querry is regarding that Affidavit.

Btw, Did you manage to get the WP sorted without the affidavit? How long ago was it if you dont mind my asking. In my case they asked for the affidavit to accompany both UK and India PCC which does not have fingerprints

cheers
Old Nov 1st 2016, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I didn't need the affidavit as this was for citizenship...

Sorry can't be more help..
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 11:40 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

I needed the Affidavit but it was written and sworn in by my Lawyers Company in person with me in Barbados
Old Nov 16th 2016, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Bentham is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an affidavit from a notary public in Scotland for the countries where I lived and from where I could not get a certificate. BTW, you can get fingerprints in the UK from a private detective, which I did, but it was expensive.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bentham,

That is the route my research has led me to as well.

I am in the final leg, will write a detailed report soon

cheers
Old Mar 29th 2017, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Pja93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gentleurbane
Thanks Bentham,

That is the route my research has led me to as well.

I am in the final leg, will write a detailed report soon

cheers

Hi , did you manage to sort this ?
I am interested to know as I'm currently doing the same thing .
Do not get the requirements as says police certificate from homeland on the immigration website and on a different website says police certificate AND fingerprints from home land and EVERY country in which you have lived in .

Interested to know how it went for you and if I definitely need fingerprints or just the certificate and affadivit is enough .
Old Mar 29th 2017, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bentham
I got an affidavit from a notary public in Scotland for the countries where I lived and from where I could not get a certificate. BTW, you can get fingerprints in the UK from a private detective, which I did, but it was expensive.

Hi , did your notary in Scotland do the affidavit for all your other country's too ?
Meaning you didn't have to go those country's and get one there too ?
Did you get certificates too?

Do you have to fingerprints too ?

The requirements are so unclear as say different things on different websites .

I am from the uk and lived in nz , so I can get an accro cert online for uk and the go to a notary for an affadivit but what do I do about the stuff from New Zealand ?

Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2017, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pja93
Hi , did you manage to sort this ?
I am interested to know as I'm currently doing the same thing .
Do not get the requirements as says police certificate from homeland on the immigration website and on a different website says police certificate AND fingerprints from home land and EVERY country in which you have lived in .

Interested to know how it went for you and if I definitely need fingerprints or just the certificate and affadivit is enough .
Hi,
Here is how it went.
I got the police certificate from all countries ( I had 3). Affidavit I got it from the same notary in England ( separate for each country mentioning the period of stay and declaring I am a great guy :-)) .

Now Uk gives police certificate (ACRO), but not with finger prints. So I contacted the local police station who can do the finger printing for you ( it is a separate document in itself) for a fee. I did this because none of my PCCs were with finger prints. Hope this helps
Old Mar 30th 2017, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

For NZ , you can contact their embassy in UK to obtain PCC, you do not need to visit NZ. At least that is what I did for the countries I have been in. And supplement it with Notary certificate as mentioned in previous post
Old May 2nd 2017, 3:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gentleurbane
For NZ , you can contact their embassy in UK to obtain PCC, you do not need to visit NZ. At least that is what I did for the countries I have been in. And supplement it with Notary certificate as mentioned in previous post
Thank you so much .

I have sent you a private message too