Relocating Oct

Old Aug 9th 2016, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Kmari31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating Oct

Hi all
I am relocating to barbados in Oct with my husband (im 27 from uk).He has landed a job there and therefore il find it difficult to obtain employment myself. I'm excited with the idea of moving yet concerned re feeling lonely/bored and having little to do day to day.
Would be great to meet others who would be up for meeting for coffee/drinks/beach days/exploring etc.
I am a wedding florist in the UK and wondered if anyone could also give advice on continuing with this in barbados just freelance/self employed basis etc?

Thank you
Old Aug 10th 2016, 2:57 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating Oct

HI Kmari.. and welcome to the boards and to Barbados

firstly , just to say.. self employed would still require a work permit for you, for your position. (or any for that matter). Freelance, on occasion, under the table, may work, but again.. it's not recommended.

regarding meeting people.. you can check with the British Embassy regarding groups etc they may recommend. If you are a runner, or a walker, you could attend a hash house harriers Saturday even Run/Walk. There are some dedicated British Women's Club members, but not a large group and many are older.
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Sunnie...you got in there before me with the Hash House Harriers.... damm lol...
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:53 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Great minds think alike Ian!!!..