Nursery in Barbados

Old Mar 11th 2015, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Charlotte.mchale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursery in Barbados

I am a British national looking to setting up a nursery in Barbados. I trained a Norland college so received training to the highest standard.
I have done some research but I wanted to reach out to expat communities to determine if there is demand for such nursery.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Charlotte
Old Mar 12th 2015, 4:02 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursery in Barbados

Hi Charlotte and Welcome

I am sure there has been a post asking this previously which had responses take a search through the forum and im sure you will find it.

From my limited experience there are numerous nurseries - whether they are acceptable standard or are full I cant comment.

The concept of what you can do is no where near as pressing as do you have the status to actually live in Barbados and work from there?... having a business concept does not give that right and is very unlikely to get you that right unless its a unique proposition that cannot be sourced locally which this is not

Sorry if it sounds like im being a kill joy but its always better to be realistic on the outset

Dips
Old Mar 15th 2015, 1:31 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursery in Barbados

HI Charlotte.. I would have to agree with Serendipity.. There are many nurseries and preschools on Barbados.. Montessori and others. the Biggest issue for you would not be whether or not it's needed by a specific community of families, but the fact that as a foreign national, unless you have , as Serendipity has said, special qualifications that no other nursery owner/teacher has, being allowed to set up this type of business, or even getting a work permit to work in an already existing nursery is slim to none.

There is a Teachers Training College in Barbados and they do provide training for early childhood education, plus many young Barbadians travel to England, the US and the Canada to obtain certification to be able to teach and run these schools locally.

hate to purse your bubble, but.. that's just how it is..