Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Entry requirements for visitors

Entry requirements for visitors

Old Jul 27th 2016, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Sri Pete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entry requirements for visitors

I am a British expat resident in the US. My partner and I are contemplating a three-week visit to Barbados in September and have a concern about entry requirements. It is clear that neither of us needs a visa but www.visitbarbados.org states that a "return ticket to country of residence" is required. Now having either a return or onward ticket is a common and reasonable requirement but demanding a return ticket specifically to one's country of residence seems a bit stiff. My partner is Portuguese and a resident of Portugal. Her plan would be to fly to Barbados from Portugal and then fly onto the US spending a couple of months there before returning to Portugal. She would have an air ticket back to her country of residence but it would not be exactly a return and it would certainly not be direct. Does anyone know if this would actually present a problem when entering Barbados?
Old Jul 27th 2016, 8:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry requirements for visitors

Originally Posted by Sri Pete
I am a British expat resident in the US. My partner and I are contemplating a three-week visit to Barbados in September and have a concern about entry requirements. It is clear that neither of us needs a visa but www.visitbarbados.org states that a "return ticket to country of residence" is required. Now having either a return or onward ticket is a common and reasonable requirement but demanding a return ticket specifically to one's country of residence seems a bit stiff. My partner is Portuguese and a resident of Portugal. Her plan would be to fly to Barbados from Portugal and then fly onto the US spending a couple of months there before returning to Portugal. She would have an air ticket back to her country of residence but it would not be exactly a return and it would certainly not be direct. Does anyone know if this would actually present a problem when entering Barbados?
Unlikely. Just have your partner print off her itinerary for peace of mind.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 11:22 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't actually think it's a problem but do agree.. please make sure you have something printed out that shows your/her return..
Old Jul 28th 2016, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Thank you very much BritInParis and Sunniebgi. I was probably worrying too much -- as I sometimes do. Unless we hear something to the contrary we will go ahead with our plans and be sure to have printouts at hand.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 8:28 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say, there are people who come into Barbados all the time and when they leave, they may not go back to their country of residence.. they may continue on to other Caribbean Islands, etc..
Old Jul 28th 2016, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

I have done that myself before, traveling from St. Martin to Anguilla for example. Just never been to Barbados. So more confirmation that all should be well. Thanks!