Dog into Barbados

Old Jul 26th 2015, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

CARAPIL1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dog into Barbados

Hi,
Can anyone say of experience of entering their dog/dogs into Barbados?
Old Jul 27th 2015, 4:59 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog into Barbados

Hi Carapili I cant help but there are lots of post on dogs and barbados if you search through until someone feeds back
Old Jul 28th 2015, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

PrincessBananaHamock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I move in a week to Barbados with a cat and a dog.
I'm coming from a non rabies Caribbean Island but originally I brought my dog here from The UK.

What exactly do you want to know?

You'll need a pet broker to act for you in Barbados. There are different requirements depending where you are coming from.
Barbados requires 35 days from their rabies shots compared to the UK 21days.

Your vet should be able to help with information and if you go to the BGI government website in regards to requirements for import permits and restrictions. Print it off and take to your vets.
I've even had to have a broker in St Martin for my pets and they have to liaise with BGI strict regulations for example as soon as we check in to the flight all my documents from SXM will be faxed to BGI before we arrive.
It's not been easy I have to say and most of the arrangements have been made by my husband's job.
They actually deserve a medal and my pets have European pet passports but so much more is needed.
I'll update you next week with my experience. I'm sure I'll need Valium.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

JoanneG16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CARAPIL1
Hi,
Can anyone say of experience of entering their dog/dogs into Barbados?
Hi
I recently brought my two dogs in from Cape Town via UK. Where are you coming from?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

islandgirl2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I brought in two cats from the UK and the process was made very easy by using a Pet Broker. They did all the paperwork at both ends. They were based in the UK.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

London Expat is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact Seawell at GAIA airport, you can find their details online. Have been very helpful for me when seeking information on how to take a dog out of Barbados to London - they manage this process for a lot of airlines including British Airways.