Buying a dog

Old Apr 11th 2014, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

birthdaygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a dog

Can anyone advise where I can buy a small pedigree dog for instance Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, terrier, it's for my son his first dog.

Thank you
Old Apr 12th 2014, 1:46 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a dog

may I strongly encourage you, especially for a first dog/animal to consider going to either the RSPCA on Spring Garden Hwy , The Ark, in St. George or contacting The Hope , in St. John. They have animals, small, large, and possibly even pedigreed, that need a loving forever home.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your response, should have said I contacted these organization, they do have small dogs however, they tend to be mixed breed dogs.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe what I should have said, does anyone know any dog breeders, preference a puppy to grow with the family.

Thank you
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:15 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I'd then suggest you check with the Barbados Kennel Club and see if they can assist.. http://www.barbadoskennelclub.org/contact.php can't vouch for the info on the page, but it does exist.. If you can't get through with the e-mail, try calling Mr. Tommy Bentley at T&C Stationary (he is the owner) at Sheraton Mall .. not familiar with the other names on the contact list.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:11 am

HI Birthdaygirl,

Saw Tammy Bentley yesterday.. we started talking about the Kennel Club. He suggested that you call the number listed in the phone book.. the person answering is the club registrar and she will know the answer to just about any question regarding dog breeds, availability, who's having puppies etc.. give the number a call and see where it leads.. good luck..
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, Sunniebgi for your responses very helpful.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:56 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Nb not all dog breeds like the tropics. I suspect that dogs born there from x generations are probably healthier in any case. For big dogs, i recommend ridgebacks, friendly self supporting and heatproof, less sure about small dogs, unless they are local pot dogs. The locals like the nasty small fighting dogs, like american pitbulls, completely unsuitable imho.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:23 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

My (limited) experience of dogs on Barbados leads me to believe there are 2 main breeds on the island.

Large brown dogs and small brown dogs.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:10 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

They are all pot dogs. In grenada, strays drink from potholes all the time, the medical school students call them pot dogs. Actually the medical school has hordes of vets in training, who just love to catch check out and neuter all the strays, so there isnt much of a dog problem in the main tourist areas, and those strays you see look pretty healthy.

The flights to miami at term start/end are full of dogs, which the us weirdly allow to travel in the cabin, but some students just release their pet strays when they leave...
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:52 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Loooool Trixie