Barbados Healthcare

Old Jun 11th 2014, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Pasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados Healthcare

My wife has Barbadian Citizenship by descent and I have it by virtue of marriage, does anyone know know if we will receive Healthcare in Barbados as a Barbadian National would?
Old Jun 11th 2014, 8:43 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barbados Healthcare

Hi Pasts and welcome...if you are a citizen then you are entitled to what every other citizen is regardless of the route you took to become one..or am i missing something?
Old Jun 11th 2014, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Pasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. Our children do not hold Barbadian Citizenship and are considered as immigrants. Do you think they will get treatment under the Barbados National Health Service?
Old Jun 12th 2014, 4:04 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully someone else will help you with that as not sure..however I know if I had children in Barbados and could afford it I would def consider private healthcare as the healtcare is not what we would be used to in the UK or USA as they dont have that kind of funding
Old Jun 13th 2014, 12:49 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

as Serendipidy has said.. the likelihood is you will opt for Private healthcare unless you are willing to sit at a polyclinic all day and still not be seen by a doctor. you will be entitled to certain medications, if needed, as a citizen, but it depends on what and where you get them.. I see a private doctor as do my children, but on some occasions the medication we have been prescribed will cost us nothing, or very little (mostly it's a pharmacy charge, and that has only just come into existence in the last few years.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Annshirleyann is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Barbados Healthcare

Hi guys, sorry, I know nothing about the health care provision, but it is going to be very important due to both my husband and I have on going health needs.

We are just starting out on the possible adventure of moving to Barbados. It would be my husband, myself and our 8 year old daughter. My husband took early retirement, and is now the house husband. I on the other hand want and need to work. I am a Senior Practitioner, Child Protection Social worker and I have experience in Hospital Social Work with adults, Residential work with young people and children, Team manager in Education Welfare and child and Young people with behavior or emotional difficulties, which may impact their ability to engage in education in all i have over 20 years service. I forgot to say my husband and I are Pastor's with the New Testament Church of God England.

Can any one direct me on how to look for and apply for work in Barbados please?

Kind regards
Pastor Shirley.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:46 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

hi Pastor Shirley.

I hope I'm not being rude, but could you possibly start a new post with your information.. better to have your own post and be able to refer to that.

there are many reasons to come to Barbados but unfortunately, if you don't have any ties to the island or CARICOM (Caribbean Community) , It's not easy to live and work here... Work permits are not easy to come by and unless you have someone sponsoring your or you are doing a job no one else can do, to really qualify.

As for healthcare, dependent on what your health care needs are, I'm going to say that Barbados may not be the island you are looking for. if you have existing needs, insurance will be hard to come by (per-existing conditions make getting insurance either hard to get, non-existent or terribly expensive.. Trust me on this one. we don't have insurance party because my husband was let go from a job 5 years ago.. the company had insurance but when he applied for insurance directly with an organization we are part of (Barbados Association of Retire persons, which starts at age 50) he was denied insurance because of health issue.. very simply, high blood pressure and cholesterol.. minor issues comparatively speaking..

I'm simply going to say, do your homework.. read through other posts on this board, before you make your decision.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 8:22 pm

Hi Pastor Shirley and welcome to the forum

As your post is not related to the subject on this thread please recreate a new thread so that both this poster and your new thread get the help you need. I have tried to move it and set one up for you but as im not sure what your header needs to be please do this yourself. I will delete your post over the weekend to ensure the threads are clear...Thanks Dipidy