Back to Barbados HELP!

Old Jun 2nd 2017, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Beki1991R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Back to Barbados HELP!

Hi all,

I lived in Barbados as a child on a student visa, my mother has citizenship through marriage to my
Step father. I was four months away from gaining citizenship when my mother decided to move us back to the UK.

I've been back to Barbados several time to visit friends and so on. I have my own children now and I cannot shake the feeling that I want them to grow up in Barbados. I have never felt at home since I left.

So the big question is how do I go about moving back with my children. Do I need a profession? Or can I apply for any job. Can my children stay on student visas as I did. What is it I need to apply for?

All information and advice greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Beki
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 10:37 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to Barbados HELP!

I think the answers here? http://britishexpats.com/forum/barba...escent-809298/
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:34 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=uk_grenada;12264609]I think the answers here? http://britishexpats.com/forum/barba...escent-809298/[/QUOTE

Thanks however not sure citezenship through decent relates to my situation as my mother is a UK born citizen but now holds dual Barbadian and U.K. Citezenship
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 9:34 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Beki and welcome to the forum. As far as I am aware citizenship by descent is only for those who had a parent with Bajan Citizenship at the time of your birth.

You appear from what you have said to have no legal status to reside or work in Barbados so unfortunately there is no good news there. You were given a student visa because your mother married a bajan that is the only way that your children will receive it if there is no work permit in place and that is a whole nother story which has been talked about often on this forum - see many posts about it
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 2:22 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately, I have to agree with Serendipity. Citizenship by decent will not apply in this case one of your parents (real and true birth parents) would have to have been born in Barbados).

certainly you can apply for a job, but your employer would have to be able to provide a work permit for you, and subsequestly student visa's for your children.. it's not guaranteed that you would be able to stay after that permit has expired or even if the company would be able to renew the work permit (or even get one in the first place.).

I will say.. at this moment, the country is in a huge issue with our government and taxes. they have effectively, with out doing it outwardly, raised our VAT to over 25pct.. it's to long and drawn out to go into it.. but as of July 1st, prices are going to skyrocket.

if you are still serious.. you can contact Immigration.. but honestly. if it were me.. unfortunately, I wouldn't do it.. The only other way.. is if you step father is willing to assist, but don't know how that will help either. still have to go through immigration.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the response,

Such a shame, My stepfather was going to adopt me when I was younger but it never happened. May buy a property in bim instead.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 3:59 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beki1991R
Thanks for the response,

Such a shame, My stepfather was going to adopt me when I was younger but it never happened. May buy a property in bim instead.
Sorry to be a Grinch but that wont change anything - it just means you will have somewhere to stay for your visitor time however long that is...Things have changed so much re emigration in the past 5 years in every country and the criteria for entry is most countries is now very difficult. Even those actually in Bim with previous status are finding it difficult to be able to stay