Advertising Tutor services

Old Oct 22nd 2014, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Pasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advertising Tutor services

I am a fully qualified and experienced expat Teacher of Science and Maths from the U.K. And am keen to start a Private Tutoring business in Barbados. I would like to know if anyone has any idea of the best places to advertise. I am intending to target the expat community as, being an expat myself, I would definitely appreciate a British Teacher educating my children.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 1:46 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advertising Tutor services

I don't know if the British High Commission has any type of advertising for the expats that live in Barbados.. that might be one place.. there are some Facebook groups that you might find work through..

Just want to say.. when you talk about private tutoring.. you still are dealing with the Barbados Education System and the ministry of education and what they are teaching.. just need to remember that. Only one school in Barbados doesn't follow that (Codrington), every other school follows the Min of Ed curriculum
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Bentham is an unknown quantity at this point

As a mother of a nine-year-old I would not definitely appreciate a British teacher just because he or she is British. As we are here for three years, I would look for someone who is familiar with the local curriculum and who can prepare my child for local 11+ or whatever exams they have in the secondary. Origin does not matter. In primary both science and math are different from the UK, or at least from Scotland. To me both courses are more advanced here and require more from pupils.

As for advertising, I see many ads in Weekend Nation about tuition, prices starting from 12BBD. How many expats read the local newspaper I do not know. Another point is that most expats take their children to private schools and thus might not need extra tuition. After Scottish school my son came here with huge gaps in maths that were fixed by St. Gabriel's in one month and now he hits about 90-100% of their assignments.

You might consider to apply for a full-time position in one of private schools as well.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

BritBaje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pasty
I am a fully qualified and experienced expat Teacher of Science and Maths from the U.K. And am keen to start a Private Tutoring business in Barbados. I would like to know if anyone has any idea of the best places to advertise. I am intending to target the expat community as, being an expat myself, I would definitely appreciate a British Teacher educating my children.
Hi Patsy I would like to get in contact with you if you are still interested in teaching in Barbados. Are you on Island? There maybe some interest please let me know how to contact you>
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi BritBaje, I am in Barbados at the moment. If you PM me can give you my contact details.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi BritBaje. I am on the Island and looking for work. My email address ID <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 3rd 2014 at 4:51 pm. Reason: Email address removed to save you from the spambots and weirdos - it's a public forum! Britbaje can contact you via the forum
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

BritBaje is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice meeting you Patsy
Old Dec 5th 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Nice to meet you too.