We're home!

Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:31 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're home!

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Youre very welcome. I am trying not to sugar coat things over here but I haven't found anything that Im not happy with yet. Good luck with your future plans and if you need any help or advice Im here.
Great update. Nice to hear your husband got a job and your daughter is back at her old school. Hopefully it won't be long before you get a job.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 5:35 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys. Just wanted to check in to say hello and give a quick update. Hubby is still working. He loves his new job but has to work away during the week. He is allowed every fri, sat and Sunday off so we make the most of them days. Ferne has gone into year 1 of proper school, full days. She has settled in really well.

We should be signing for our new home next week

I Have got a new job on a farm which offers therapy to abused and mistreated children. I will eventually be running the therapy department which I'm really looking forward to!

All is well here although I do miss NZ. I think I miss the people I made friends with. There was only 3 but they were a big part of my life while I lived there. I don't really miss the country at all. I'm still happy I returned to the UK. I especially love this time of the year with all of the autumn colours! It is truely beautiful. Before I emigrated to NZ I must have walked around the UK with my blinkers on! the blinkers are now off and I'm making the most of everything here.

How is everyone else doing?
Old Oct 12th 2014, 5:49 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like a smashing job Pippa. But I'm sorry your husband has to work away. Best wishes.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pippa may I pm you about your job? We are kind of in the same field (pardon the pun) as I provide speech services to children..
Old Oct 12th 2014, 8:58 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello matey.

Glad things are ok with you. Good on your husband for doing a job he enjoys even though you only see each other at the weekend. I'm glad Fearne is settled at school and that you've got work too. You've bought a new house too. Well done you. I hope one day your story will be mine and my husband's story. Time will tell, it usually does.

I'm ok. My most recent stint of paid employment has come to an end. I was covering maternity leave, that person has now returned to the job. It meant travelling to Palmerston North and back each day, that's a 150km (about 100 mile) round trip. Good job petrol is cheap in NZ. Let's not go there, eh ? I was better off in Britain buying less quantity of expensive petrol than filling the car's petrol tank every four days here in NZ which costs from $80 - $100, that's about forty five to fifty quid dependent on how dry I had run the tank. (No lectures about dirty carburettors from anyone please.) In Britain I put fifty quid's worth of petrol in the tank about every three weeks. That's because I walked to work and my husband commuted to work on the train.

The employment agency I was working for is based in Wellington and has said it is rare for them to have anything so far away from Wellington. (I live 120 miles from Wellington.) Other employment agencies nearer to where I live are the sum total of useless.

So, I'm applying for other jobs. Yeah, back on that treadmill. What a heart sink. Oh well, back to normal. It's funny or it's rather telling that me being out of work and putting conscious effort into filling my day is what's normal.

I'm also applying to do voluntary work. Just so I can at least feel useful while I'm between jobs. I did voluntary work last year supporting old people with memory problems whilst they did a social/interactive activity that was provided by the organisation. I'll do something different this time round, just to keep it fresh. I mean, it's my time after all. I don't begrudge doing it or I wouldn't do it. I can put it on my cv so it covers up a period of unemployment and gives me a reference too. If I have to drop it real fast because I've got an offer of paid employment, well, it won't be the first time I've done that.

I was 'shy' of doing voluntary work in case I had to leave the voluntary organisation within just a few weeks of starting and didn't want to leave them in the lurch. However, just through circumstance, I ended up doing just that once. I gave my apologies and there was no bad feeling. So, off I go again.

My husband is in Wellington today and tomorrow. So, I'm kind of at a loose end. Oh well, at least the sun is shining.

Hey, think of all that cleaning I can do ! Lucky me !

Living the dream. So when does that start, exactly ? I've been here in NZ for three and a half years and I'm still waiting.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Oct 12th 2014 at 9:31 pm. Reason: new house
Old Oct 13th 2014, 6:58 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Hey Pippa may I pm you about your job? We are kind of in the same field (pardon the pun) as I provide speech services to children..
Yes you can, anytime.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 7:07 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Hi there snapshot,

I'm so sorry that things are no better for you over there. No one can say that you haven't tried Hun. It's hard to try to fill in your days when your used to always working. I know how it affected me and so can totally relate to you at this time. You've got to keep moving along a day at a time as I'm sure you will get your chance to return home.

The voluntary work is a good way of keeping busy. It's a shame that you have not got a break with the work situation. They don't know what they are missing out on Hun.

Have you any long term plans to come home?
Old Oct 13th 2014, 8:03 pm

Have PM'd you.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 8:01 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Hi guys. Just wanted to check in to say hello and give a quick update. Hubby is still working. He loves his new job but has to work away during the week. He is allowed every fri, sat and Sunday off so we make the most of them days. Ferne has gone into year 1 of proper school, full days. She has settled in really well.

We should be signing for our new home next week

I Have got a new job on a farm which offers therapy to abused and mistreated children. I will eventually be running the therapy department which I'm really looking forward to!

All is well here although I do miss NZ. I think I miss the people I made friends with. There was only 3 but they were a big part of my life while I lived there. I don't really miss the country at all. I'm still happy I returned to the UK. I especially love this time of the year with all of the autumn colours! It is truely beautiful. Before I emigrated to NZ I must have walked around the UK with my blinkers on! the blinkers are now off and I'm making the most of everything here.

How is everyone else doing?
Hey loved your update, so very happy for you that things are working out back home! Your new job sounds amazing btw, glad all is going well x
Old Oct 20th 2014, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hey loved your update, so very happy for you that things are working out back home! Your new job sounds amazing btw, glad all is going well x
Hey Miss B. (Sorry for the thread hijack PippaLongHorn) Glad to hear from you, I wondering where /how you were. Still on the south coast of Britain ? Are you more or less settled now ?

Old Oct 20th 2014, 8:17 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Hey Miss B. (Sorry for the thread hijack PippaLongHorn) Glad to hear from you, I wondering where /how you were. Still on the south coast of Britain ? Are you more or less settled now ?

Hello! I'm ok thanks, posted an update just waiting for it to be approved so stand by lol! Hope all good with you x
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

transatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post and updates. We too have returned to the North East, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else now. Big houses, cars and snowblowers don't make up for that feeling of home.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 8:10 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by transatlantic
Lovely post and updates. We too have returned to the North East, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else now. Big houses, cars and snowblowers don't make up for that feeling of home.
I think that there is something really special about the north east people. They are so friendly. Pleased your enjoying being back. Xx
Old Nov 20th 2014, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by transatlantic
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else now. Big houses, cars and snowblowers don't make up for that feeling of home.
Here here!! My sentiments exactly.