We're home!

Old Jun 27th 2014, 12:03 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: We're home!

Originally Posted by britsinnz
Hello there Pippa, great to hear an update. It sounds idyllic, just turning the heating on and sitting by it, just because you can, swoon.
I've been so ill with pleurisy and bronchitis, and I'm beginning to think it's the bloody unhealthy Kiwi housing/offices that's at the root of it all. I have never had anything like this in my life and now I've had it twice in one year.

I do miss central heating, please could you post some photos of radiators when you have a mo, (or are just bored stiff one day,) along with a picture of a loaf of Warburton's bread, lol, yes I've lost the plot.

Again, great to hear from you, (waves from Nz to the fading strains of Land of Hope and Glory, to the accompaniment of a hacking cough).

Hope you start to feel better soon. My friend in NZ was a nurse and said a lot of people came to hospital with pleurisy at winter time.

If someone can explain how to put photos onto here I will gladly post some for you! I kissed our radiators when I first saw them! I also ate a full box of 6 Bakewell tarts! My sister and me had competitions to see if we could get whole ones in our mouths. ( not a pretty sight as I'm sure I inhaled most of mine).

I am pleased to be home but it is hard at times. It's like being on a roller coaster some days but I think that's mostly down to my impatience. I want everything to be sorted now and it takes time.

I've walked for miles these last 6 weeks, stopping to speak to people I don't even know. I've met some characters! I love the friendliness here. I don't feel lonely anymore. Hubby now has a job. It's a family run business and he is their first employee sparky. I'm still waiting to hear about 2 possible jobs so fingers crossed. Xxx
Old Jun 27th 2014, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Lothianlad.....your description of the English countryside brought tears to my eyes, Oh How I would love to be seeing it, I could close my eyes and visualize it so very beautiful nothing like it. I remember those thunderstorms well, the sound was very intense but when it's over it's as if the whole area is washed and refreshed. Thankyou.

BEVS...Were are you?

britsinnz....I hope your feeling better, my husband worked in an office and over the years they replaced old sections of the ceiling but he thinks when they did it particles of dust were in the air and they breathed them in he always had a cough and still does. The building was old and they were replacing out of date sections he thinks some of it was asbestos. They also had old air filters with antique air conditioners.

Pippalonghorn....it will take time to feel fully settled but you do sound really happy, I wish I was in your shoes. I think I miss the countryside and the quirkiness of people the willingness to talk to strangers, Loneliness can be overwhelming at times so enjoy what you have.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Hope you start to feel better soon. My friend in NZ was a nurse and said a lot of people came to hospital with pleurisy at winter time.

If someone can explain how to put photos onto here I will gladly post some for you! I kissed our radiators when I first saw them! I also ate a full box of 6 Bakewell tarts! My sister and me had competitions to see if we could get whole ones in our mouths. ( not a pretty sight as I'm sure I inhaled most of mine).

I am pleased to be home but it is hard at times. It's like being on a roller coaster some days but I think that's mostly down to my impatience. I want everything to be sorted now and it takes time.

I've walked for miles these last 6 weeks, stopping to speak to people I don't even know. I've met some characters! I love the friendliness here. I don't feel lonely anymore. Hubby now has a job. It's a family run business and he is their first employee sparky. I'm still waiting to hear about 2 possible jobs so fingers crossed. Xxx
When you open the "new message" box, click on the paper clip icon in the toolbar. Then you'll be given the option to browse your computer for the files/photos you want to upload. This might take a couple of minutes.

Re the bakewell tarts, that Mr. Kipling has a lot to answer for. I'm still trying to knock of the pounds I gained when I first came back. I'm afraid it's a near inevitable side effect many of us suffer after years of "colonial deprivation".
Old Jun 27th 2014, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Trotty - Don't know if you've ever seen this site before:

Pictures of England - Exploring England with pictures & history.

I think you might enjoy it
Old Jun 29th 2014, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

MrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to behold

Hey pippalonghorn, I'm really new here, but I just wanted to say that hearing about how great you feel now you're home in Britain, just gave me joy and hope that I too can get back to UK in the near future.

So thanks!
Old Jun 29th 2014, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Curleytops.......thankyou I did have that website on my old computer but since I got my new one I lost a lot of my favourites. So nice to add it back...
Old Jun 29th 2014, 11:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by trottytrue

BEVS...Were are you?

Hi Trottytrue.

We have been in New Zealand for ten years now. Top of the South Island .

I emigrated , age 50. Don't ask me why. I can't think why now. Madness, I now know.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 11:19 pm
`

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
The English summertime has been quite lovely of late.......and in the bright sunshine under hazy blue skies this part of England.......on the borderline between the Cotswold Hills, the Severn Valley and the Malvern Hills in the distance ...

....the spectacularly lovely countryside has looked so amazingly green (remember all that winter rain - now it is reaping its benefits big time - so green and lush with all the leaves in full display) and of course all the lovely blossoms in the orchards of the Severn Valley and nearby Herefordshire where my grandparents live near Ledbury where the world famous Poetry Festival is soon to open.......my partner and I have book to go and see ...and hear...the lovely Juliet Stevenson.

This gorgeous taste of summer here....25C yesterday......has only briefly been interrupted by thunderstorms...they do not last all that long but it really seems to me, as an exiled Scot.... that the thunderstorms down here in this part of England are noticeably louder in terms of thunderclaps and more vivid in terms of lightning bolts and flashes, but it might just be my imagination, not really sure...I do know they are more frequent down here.
I'm hearing lovely news from the UK with regards to summer.

It's also Red Arrows time

I've also had good news finally from some pals of ours that returned NZ --> UK over a year ago. He has finally managed to secure a perm job . NOt in the area they hoped for but not a million miles from their adult children.
I am so pleased for them.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

BEVS......do you think some of us have moments do insanity. I look back I cannot understand why I did what I did.......

Are you anywhere near Wanaka that's were my friend emigrated to last year she was 72.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 1:19 am
`

Default Re: Were home!

Originally Posted by trottytrue
BEVS......do you think some of us have moments of insanity. I look back I cannot understand why I did what I did.......

Are you anywhere near Wanaka that's were my friend emigrated to last year she was 72.
I think maybe one of my fuses blew so I couldn't see the light properly or what was beyond clearly.

No. Not near to Wanaka which is bottom of the South Island.

Why on earth would she do that , unless for family.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: We're home!

BEVS...her husband had died a few months earlier and her daughter lives in Wanaka she has a lot of friends and family in the UK and lived in a nice area of Chester. I wonder how she feels the life must be very different although she seems to have settled in nicely and built a small bungalow. But it looks to be in a very isolated area.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 2:51 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsEgeland
Hey pippalonghorn, I'm really new here, but I just wanted to say that hearing about how great you feel now you're home in Britain, just gave me joy and hope that I too can get back to UK in the near future.

So thanks!
Youre very welcome. I am trying not to sugar coat things over here but I haven't found anything that Im not happy with yet. Good luck with your future plans and if you need any help or advice Im here.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 3:03 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm hearing lovely news from the UK with regards to summer.

It's also Red Arrows time

I've also had good news finally from some pals of ours that returned NZ --> UK over a year ago. He has finally managed to secure a perm job . NOt in the area they hoped for but not a million miles from their adult children.
I am so pleased for them.
We are having lovely weather here up North so far. It makes a nice change. Hubby has a job now with a family run electric company. They seem to have really taken to him and are looking after him really well. Just me to find a job now and we will be back to normal.

There are lots of remembrance days over here at the moment. I went to one in our local park on Sunday to remember all of the British Service Men who have lost their lives over the 1st, 2nd and present wars. Brought tears to my eyes. The brass band were playing in the band stand and it sounded lovely. I loved being a part of it all. I am definitely trying to become more involved in our village community now. I talk to people more now as I am out walking, even if I dont know them, as I needed that when I lived in NZ. I do miss bits about NZ even though I didnt settle there.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
We are having lovely weather here up North so far. It makes a nice change. Hubby has a job now with a family run electric company. They seem to have really taken to him and are looking after him really well. Just me to find a job now and we will be back to normal.

There are lots of remembrance days over here at the moment. I went to one in our local park on Sunday to remember all of the British Service Men who have lost their lives over the 1st, 2nd and present wars. Brought tears to my eyes. The brass band were playing in the band stand and it sounded lovely. I loved being a part of it all. I am definitely trying to become more involved in our village community now. I talk to people more now as I am out walking, even if I dont know them, as I needed that when I lived in NZ. I do miss bits about NZ even though I didnt settle there.
Great news about your husband's job! Is it in the same field he worked in before?

Good luck with your own job hunt, too.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I have radiator envy.

Lovely warm feeling coming from you radiator and summery updates Pippalonghorn - it's blardy freezing here today,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.