We're home!

Old May 16th 2014, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: We're home!

Great to get your update! Fingers crossed on the job front and hopefully things will all start to fall in to place bit by bit. Yippeee you are home!
Old May 19th 2014, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Glad you made it safely..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4v2cP-MDo

Hope everything gets sorted..

+1

Fingers crossed for good news on the job front.

S
Old May 19th 2014, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

pippalonghorn....Sounds perfect make the most of it before long you wont even think about NZ, what a lovely time of the year to return home. You must be very happy.
Old May 19th 2014, 8:21 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home neighbour! I'm in SE Scotland, so just next door to you. Newcastle is one of my favourite airports as it is not too busy and relatively close. Hope things work out with hubby's job and you settle in nicely.
Old May 19th 2014, 8:36 pm
Banned

r0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud of

Hope you had an amazing first weekend home-Looking forward to some updates :-)
Old May 20th 2014, 8:19 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your support.
Old May 20th 2014, 8:34 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news, well done to all of you. You're there for the start of summer.

Glad you've got somewhere to stay just now. Good luck for you both getting work. You've done the leap of faith that we did on arrival in NZ in 2011.

Will Fearne go back to her old school ?
Old May 20th 2014, 5:02 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Excellent news, well done to all of you. You're there for the start of summer.

Glad you've got somewhere to stay just now. Good luck for you both getting work. You've done the leap of faith that we did on arrival in NZ in 2011.

Will Fearne go back to her old school ?
Thank you. Her old school said there is a place there for her. Hopefully she will start to be filtered in after May week off. We have got her uniform ready.

I know we did the right thing coming home but it's bloody hard. not having jobs is stressing me out but we are applying for loads in our area so fingers crossed. how are you?
Old May 20th 2014, 5:16 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with everything and hope your husband finds a job soon
Old May 21st 2014, 9:18 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Thank you. Her old school said there is a place there for her. Hopefully she will start to be filtered in after May week off. We have got her uniform ready.

I know we did the right thing coming home but it's bloody hard. not having jobs is stressing me out but we are applying for loads in our area so fingers crossed. how are you?
I'm great, thanks. I've got a temporary job until October. It entails a 100 mile round trip each day. Living the dream eh ?

Yes it's hard being out of work and just getting one turn down after another when you're looking for work. At least you're home.

Good luck with all your job hunting.
Old May 26th 2014, 10:20 am
Looking for my marbles.

Well we have been home just over 2 weeks now. We still have mums house to ourselves for now.

I did have a melt-down on Sunday morning though. It was over something stupid. We were going to Richmond to meet hubby's dad and I could not find a nice top to wear. I cried on the bedroom floor, how embarrassing! I think the stress of moving had finally caught up with me. Its funny how little things can trigger alot of emotion. I found a top, we headed off and had a lovely day. Richmond is on the list as a potential place to live. It is only a 30min drive from our village and is so pretty.

I am still looking for a job and I am applying for everything (well not pole dancing as that would not be a nice thing to watch). I do have to stop myself from being impatient about the job situation. We saw the bank manager last week and he said that as soon as one of us is working we can have a mortgage. It will be nice to at least have somewhere to call home although I do feel really settled at the moment.

I have had a couple of times where I have missed New Zealand. I loved driving along spotting the little wooden houses dotted around, I used to think surely no-one lives there and then you would see smoke coming out of the chimney! I also miss the stars at night and the sound of the crickets. I don't miss the feeling of being incredibly lonely though. Our family have been great and have given us lots of time and space to settle in. Im still catching up with old friends. We have picked up where we left off which is great. My daughter is settled and happy to be home.

Coming home has been hard but its worth it. That feeling when you put your feet on English soil is amazing. The feeling of simply being home.

So apart from my meltdown I am feeling happy. Still not looking too far ahead as that scares me too much. But looking forward to whats coming our way if that makes any sense.
Old May 26th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Coming home has been hard but its worth it. That feeling when you put your feet on English soil is amazing. The feeling of simply being home.
This blessed my heart to hear. Thank you. Really... thank you.
Old May 26th 2014, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Pippalonghorn,

So good to see your update! I reckon with all the stress you have been through with making the move and getting yourselves re-established you are entitled to multiple meltdowns with out any need for embarrassment! We haven't even moved yet but I'm way, way ahead of you on the meltdown score!

Sounds like you are making some good progress already and its only been such a short time. The job hunt is nerve wracking, things will really fall into place once you are set up with that.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:04 pm
Banned

r0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud of

Keep calm and carry on-It's what we Brits do best :-)
Good luck with the job hunt.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:18 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
This blessed my heart to hear. Thank you. Really... thank you.
You are very welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.