We're home!

Old May 15th 2014, 1:21 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default We're home!

Hi everyone. Well we finally made it home. Arrived on Friday evening 9th. I was extremely nervous getting off the plane, not sure why. The lady on the arrivals desk at Newcastle Airport asked us if we had been on holiday and when I explained our situation she said " Oh you've come back home, welcome hinny". And the friendliness has continued.

We haven't had the best of luck so far as hubby's case was left in Heathrow but we do have it back now. He had no clothes for 2 days! I think it did cross his mind that he may have to wear mine but thankfully his case came. His promised job has also fallen through so were still homeless and jobless. We are staying at my parents until they return from their travelling. We have around 5 weeks to get sorted. I am just taking 1 day at a time at the moment as I don't want to think of the bigger picture.

I can honestly say that I don't miss New Zealand at all. I do miss the warmth and the bright blue sky. The weather here has been nice actually. Managed to get my washing dried on the line. We lived in Auckland and so it's lovely to be surrounded by fields again. I had forgotten how sleepy our village is. The birds have been singing at the top of their voices all morning. The fields are a lush green colour with the odd yellow one thrown in. No traffic either. Even though it's so sleepy here I don't feel the loneliness that I did in NZ. I have spent the day alone with little one and have felt only content. Maybe it's because I know that family are close now.

Little one looked around her new school yesterday. They do a lot of outdoor stuff and have a vegetable patch which I like. That reminds me of NZ. They are going to integrate her into school slowly over the next month.

I do feel as if I've never been away. I still think the north east is different to the busier parts. of the UK. Our village is a close community and I like that. I don't want to sound as if everything is rosy as we do have a lot to sort out and I'm sure we will come across lots of hurdles along the way. But so far so good. I stressed so much before we came home and I need not have. I feel at home and for the first time I genuinely laughed and smiled all morning with little one. I feel I am being a better parent now because I'm happy.

There will be people on here who have a date back or are close to getting a date. Try not to stress as much as I did. I constantly questioned our decision. When it came down to coming home it wasn't as bad as I had built it up to be. I am aware that we have a long way to go but I'm sure we will get there. Good luck to you all. There is life on the other side.
Old May 15th 2014, 1:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: We're home!

Glad you made it safely..

Hope everything gets sorted..
Old May 15th 2014, 2:23 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thank you. What a perfect song.
Old May 15th 2014, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are happy and best of luck with everything else falling into place. It makes it easier moving back to what you know first. Now I am glad we are going to be moving back into our house in Bucks because it will be familiar and help the situation!
Thanks for the update.
Old May 15th 2014, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Pippalonghorn... Congratulations for making it home! The song posted is a perfect blast from the past to welcome you back too! I hope everything works out for you and things fall into place quickly. I cannot wait to be in the same situation soon. Take care and all the best to you!! xoxo
Old May 15th 2014, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Been following your journey. Welcome home and best wishes to you and your family.
Old May 15th 2014, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That's bad news about the job, but hope he finds something better soon. Good luck with it all.
Old May 16th 2014, 1:24 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

glad you are feeling more like yourself and happy, life is far to short.
hope OH get's a job soon, did they give a reason why the one offered fell through?
Old May 16th 2014, 4:35 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. Welcome home. I hope OH gets another job offer soon.
Old May 16th 2014, 5:31 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed a new and better job comes his way ASAP.
Old May 16th 2014, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

So glad that you are feeling content and hope that something crops up on the job front very soon! Now that he's actually here it hopefully will be an easier prospect than trying to fix something from the other side of the world.
Old May 16th 2014, 5:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Really lovely to hear from you. I have been wondering how you have been getting on.

Home is where the heart is isn't it.

for some good news on the job front soon.

Is there that mythical thing - central heating ?
Old May 16th 2014, 6:39 am
Looking for my marbles.

I put the heating on the other night even though it was quite warm. I sat and hugged the radiators! It's amazing what you appreciate.
Old May 16th 2014, 6:43 am
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
glad you are feeling more like yourself and happy, life is far to short.
hope OH get's a job soon, did they give a reason why the one offered fell through?
He was offered a job verbally about a month ago from a petro chemical company. It was a great job. They had to lay off some temporary workers due to a drop in work at the beginning of May. They said as soon as they pick up they will contact him but we cannot sit and wait for them. He started his off shore courses yesterday so fingers crossed. His Uncle is on the Riggs and so is his good friend.
Old May 16th 2014, 8:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
I put the heating on the other night even though it was quite warm. I sat and hugged the radiators! It's amazing what you appreciate.
Fantastic! You sound really happy which is so heartwarming. Best of luck with the job and a place to live - you've made a great start

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.