We made it!

Old Oct 19th 2013, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Originally Posted by scot47
What has surprised me is how easy I found to carve a biche for myself here after returning. I came back to Scotland but to the West Coast. I grew up on the East and had no family, friends or contacts here. I worked on it and now it is a nice feeling when people greet me by name as I take my dog for a walk. Moral ? Live in a small community !
Seconded! I feel so at home here - and my accent is sufficiently local-ish to not be asked by EVERYBODY I meet where I'm from and do I like it here? I felt like wearing a $*&%$%&(^& Tshirt in Canada
Old Oct 19th 2013, 8:06 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
What has surprised me is how easy I found to carve a biche for myself here after returning. I came back to Scotland but to the West Coast. I grew up on the East and had no family, friends or contacts here. I worked on it and now it is a nice feeling when people greet me by name as I take my dog for a walk. Moral ? Live in a small community !
That has been my experience too, except I am from the west and now living in the east. I am really enjoying living in a small community versus a big city.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 9:31 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyglow
Seconded! I feel so at home here - and my accent is sufficiently local-ish to not be asked by EVERYBODY I meet where I'm from and do I like it here? I felt like wearing a $*&%$%&(^& Tshirt in Canada
I'm with you!
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Lorry1

It's been a long time since I was on here and I am so pleased to hear that you got back and are loving it!!!

Since my last visit here I moved out of Nova Scotia, tried out Alberta for a while and am now in ontario. So feel pleased with myself that it is not just one province that makes me unhappy but Canada itself!!

We are going home April 2015....seems so far off....my husband has a monthy count down calendar!! I cannot wait!! It will mean 7 years here but I have started an online MSc with a British university to hopefully bolster my credentials for when we return and my husband is now fully qualified. He is the reason we can't go home yet as the rule in the Uk is that he has to have 2 years post qualification experience (it is a USA qualification) to legally work at home. Anyhow so it's kinda like a sentence!!! Still I love reading your updates and everyone else's!!

So looking forward to my cloud being lifted!!

All the best