We made it!

Old Jul 15th 2013, 9:32 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default We made it!

I haven't been on for a while as the remaining few weeks in Canada were somewhat hectic and I was doing it all alone with the 2 kids as hubby was already working in England.

So we sailed back on the QM2 from NYC to SOU and wow what a great sailing. Loved it all and the sea was smooth as silk the whole way.

We even brought the sunshine with us, it's been glorious since we arrived on Saturday morning.

Totally loving it all so far. We are staying with friends in Caversham just outside Reading and it's a lovely area but not our choice for living once we find a rental.

I didn't realise before how friendly us Brits are. Everyone has been helpful and so kind. I've been chatting away to shop assistants and just random people really

We've been walking along the Thames with lots of other walkers, bikers and boaters and it's just been really nice.

I took my first train journey in years today just a few stops as we don't have a car just yet and even the train guards have become friendly and helpful.

So after 6 years in Canada depressed and living someone else's life, I am finally feeling like me again. I am home and very happy right now.

I haven't read much else on here yet but I hope MissB, Whofan and all the other new returnees are still enjoying being home.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Good to hear that you have arrived and feel like you "belong" again! Good luck with finding the rental so you can begin to re-establish yourself! The QM2 sounds like just the way to arrive!!! Welcome Home!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:02 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home. So glad you enjoyed the crossing and that you are happy to be home. Nearly a year for me and I don't regret it at all. Miss B has posted some updates, but Whofan hasn't posted for a while. I do hope it is because she is just too busy enjoying life back home.

I'll bet you are glad the moving out part is over. It is just so exhausting. Keep us posted on your adventures.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Lorry1,

Welcome home! Great update and you've made me jealous!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

treasuredr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorry1
I haven't been on for a while as the remaining few weeks in Canada were somewhat hectic and I was doing it all alone with the 2 kids as hubby was already working in England.

So we sailed back on the QM2 from NYC to SOU and wow what a great sailing. Loved it all and the sea was smooth as silk the whole way.

We even brought the sunshine with us, it's been glorious since we arrived on Saturday morning.

Totally loving it all so far. We are staying with friends in Caversham just outside Reading and it's a lovely area but not our choice for living once we find a rental.

I didn't realise before how friendly us Brits are. Everyone has been helpful and so kind. I've been chatting away to shop assistants and just random people really

We've been walking along the Thames with lots of other walkers, bikers and boaters and it's just been really nice.

I took my first train journey in years today just a few stops as we don't have a car just yet and even the train guards have become friendly and helpful.

So after 6 years in Canada depressed and living someone else's life, I am finally feeling like me again. I am home and very happy right now.

I haven't read much else on here yet but I hope MissB, Whofan and all the other new returnees are still enjoying being home.
Caversham is pretty isn't it - lived there for many years before moving to the USA. That walk along the Thames in the sunshine is lovely!!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, Lorry1 and welcome back! So glad the Atlantic stayed smooth as silk for you!
I always think of the QM2 as a little bit of Britain sailing back and forth!
You have arrived to probably the first heat wave in years. Blooming marvellous, we love it!
I agree with you about the friendliness of people. Among the first ones I met were the meter readers who had a good old chinwag. I stood there wondering what that strange sensation was. Oh, yes, it was my jaws moving! We were having an inconsequential chit chat, and it felt wonderful!
I hope you find somewhere to rent soon, and that all your family is enjoying being back!
I've found lots of compensations and it really feels like now is the right time to be back in the UK!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:46 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hoo!!! You're back!!! Welcome home, isn't it great to be home? You'll be amazed at how quickly you shake off that tired old cloak of depression and get back to being you again! I've been back 7 weeks today and I'm loving it, its almost like the past 5 years were a bad dream and I just woke up one morning and it was done and dusted - phew! Good luck with everything and let us know how you're getting on when the dust has settled!
Old Jul 17th 2013, 9:57 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome home and so glad to hear about the smooth sailing. It must have been lovely to brush off the cobwebs on deck as you sailed closer and closer to the UK? You'll definitely have to catch us all up on everything like Miss Betty says 'when the dust has settled" lol. Enjoy every moment and just know that you're home and the sun is bright again.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home Lorry and thanks for the sunshine
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:18 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks for the welcome home everyone.

I was speaking to a friend in Canada yesterday and she asked how I was feeling, I said I feel genuinely happy

I have no home, no car and no job but I feel happier than I have done in 6 years.

The sun keeps on shining and we are out enjoying every moment, even while it's walking around looking at houses or standing on train platforms.

at Jemimas comment about hearing a sound and it was her jaws moving. I feel the same I am speaking to everyone, I'm sure they think I'm mad

Well, I will write soon, my kids are calling. Thanks all
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Happy for you and your family.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 1:18 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 18th 2013, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic!
Old Jul 18th 2013, 4:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

WELCOME HOME glad you made it safely and are enjoying being back.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 4:22 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Been looking for your update. Welcome home. Now you can get on with life

Looks like we are about to commit ourselves a bit more to Alberta, not sure if it's the right move but it's a step to moving elsewhere in the long run if that makes sense.

Looking forward to hearing more of you being home, if you like them can you eat a custard tart for me please? If not a Pork pie will do Oh and a pint of scrumpy in the beer garden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.