A voice from the past.

Old Sep 7th 2015, 5:36 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A voice from the past.

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
You will really need to make a trip up here. It truly is God's Own Country ! I cross the border literally every day to get to work and I can feel a difference immediately. I get to that certain point in my journey and I can feel my body relax as it sighs 'we're home'
I wil...and it will be sooner rather than later!
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

What a wonderful update and I am ever so glad you have a lovely friend in your life. I don't think you are far from me so we ought to meet up.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Whofan. I was an avid reader of your earlier posts. Glad you have settled. and thanks for sharing the details of your trials and tribulations.

Shhhhhhh - Yorkshire's a terrible place always rains don't encourage them!
Old Sep 9th 2015, 7:47 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks huni, so glad to know that I wasn't forgotten lol. Just sorry it took so long to get back here and let everyone know I'm still around

Originally Posted by morayeel
Just in from work and thought I would look on BE and catch up.. So very glad I did and so happy you are well and thriving.. I always searched for you on here and makes me so happy it has all worked out.. I am still in the U.S!! I am off to bed soon as I am in from work late but it warms my heart to know things have turned out well for you..thanks for the fab update.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 7:57 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
What a wonderful update and I am ever so glad you have a lovely friend in your life. I don't think you are far from me so we ought to meet up.
Nothing that a bus journey couldn't fix lol I have Tuesday's off work, so just let me know via PM what works for you.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 8:21 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to read your update and so glad you are doing so well. I have often thought of you and wondered how life was treating you. Congratulations on all your achievements.

I remember that you, Miss Betty and I all moved back within a few weeks if each other. Time for me to write an update!
Old Sep 11th 2015, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf

Lovely to read your update and so glad you are doing so well. I have often thought of you and wondered how life was treating you. Congratulations on all your achievements.

I remember that you, Miss Betty and I all moved back within a few weeks if each other. Time for me to write an update!
Old Sep 12th 2015, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear your update and that things are turning out well for you after your rocky start! Isn't it wonderful when your body knows it is "home" (and I hear you on the weight loss too!). Onwards and upwards and all the best for the relationship too!
Old Sep 13th 2015, 5:41 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Thank you so much ! It's definitely true that my body (and my heart) know's it's 'home'. Things can only get better. Love and life is great !! <3

Originally Posted by quoll
Good to hear your update and that things are turning out well for you after your rocky start! Isn't it wonderful when your body knows it is "home" (and I hear you on the weight loss too!). Onwards and upwards and all the best for the relationship too!
Old Sep 14th 2015, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: A voice from the past.

I bet nobody expected to hear from me again huh? LOL Sorry everyone, just been sooooooo busy what with one thing or another (which I'll go into shortly) that I just haven't had the time to sit down and actually write an update. I also apologise to those who sent me PM's last year which I obviously didn't see until now, so forgive me - I wasn't being rude and ignoring you I promise.

Well, where to start?? For those who don't know me or don't recognise the name, I came back to the UK in April of 2013 and I'm still loving it. I moved from Arizona and it's still the best decision I ever made. I'm so much at home here that it doesn't feel like I've lived anywhere else, apart from of course missing the odd food group from the US lol.

I did go through a rough patch to start with, health wise, but I'm pleased to report that everything is so much better now, and I resumed my long distance hikes (averaging about 25 miles every weekend). I've lost 2 stone since February alone so that is a bonus

I'm still living at the B&B unfortunately, or fortunately. Depends on which way you want to look at it. Because of my health I wasn't able to work for over a year, so I wasn't able to save up and get a place of my own at the time. The price was good here and it covered everything that I could possibly need apart from my mobile phone. Apart from one little glitch where they said that i was 12 weeks behind in my rent when I know for a fact I'd paid regularly every single fortnight but I had no proof, because we 'trusted' each other and I'd either hand over the money in person or just leave it on their office desk in an envelope with my name on it and the amount (stupid me). Sufficed to say that was a nightmare to pay back and not to want to kill someone at the same time.

My priority of course was getting my health back to normal, which I did. It was a long road, sort of learning to walk again and getting everything to work the way it was supposed to, but finally I was back to my old self again and raring to get back to work to earn some money. It took a while to get a job that I felt I was going to be capable of doing. Warehouse work was definitely out ! Plus I'd worked in the medical field for so long that I was looking for that kind of job, and it wasn't easy to find something easy enough for me to get to without a car. Public transport is pretty damn good here, but I didn't relish having to travel a couple of hours to get to work in the morning. But still I tried.

Thankfully in March this year I was offered a Medical Receptionist job in Ashton, which although it wasn't in an area I was familiar with, I figured out that I could get there without any hassles. I technically live in West Yorkshire, so cross the border into Lancashire to go to work lol. I just LOVE my job, the girls I work with are terrific and it's very long days and I still have to travel a bit to get there. I leave home at 6.30am and walk back in the door at 7.30pm that night. Two buses which is okay, but if I am running a bit late I miss the bus in Ashton which means I miss the last bus heading home and I have to walk 45 minutes. But you know me - I love my walking so it's no hardship. The only hardship part is if I walk home I get home at 8.30pm instead of 7.30pm, but I still wouldn't move closer to work. There's a certain point in my journey when I see those beautiful Pennine's and I know I'm home. I can feel my entire body relax. Wouldn't change that feeling for the world, so I'm more than happy to make the trek each day

Another bit of news is I have a wonderful man in my life. <3 I love him so very much and can't imagine life without him. I keep my private life, private, so don't and won't post anything about him on Facebook. Let's just say our relationship is a little complicated, but what can you do when you love someone? lol. I just have to see his smiling face and those twinkling eyes and my heart skips a beat and I can't help but smile back.

Another joy of being back is being so close to Europe. The air fares are ridiculously cheap and I've been enjoying heading over on holidays. Just this past month I spent some time in Estonia and next month I'm spending my birthday in Norway Not only do I get to see some beautiful country and meet lovely people, but I get to hear my favourite band play at the same time, so it's a win-win situation

So all in all, disregarding the crappy start I had, I just love being home. Even being so very ill didn't dampen my enthusiasm for being here. Naturally there is good and bad everywhere you go and no country is perfect, but I'm HOME and I can't imagine being anywhere else. I can't wait to go through and read up on everyone's posts and see what has been happening to everyone else who's made that intrepid journey back.

There you go, just a brief (even if it does look like I've written a new War & Peace lol) summary of what's been happening to me lately. Promise to come back more often and visit with friends and catch up with you all. Take care everyone - wishing you all the very best weekend xxx
Oh what a lovely surprise I was only thinking about you a few weeks ago.I am so pleased that you have found love in your life and that you are still happy to be back home. I always loved reading your posts, made me feel like I was there with you. Take care bye for now
Old Oct 4th 2015, 7:40 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Whofan, and welcome to God's country. I always was a bit worried about you, over there in Lancashire, so it's nice to know you made it to the right side of the Pennines ;-)

What happened to the gay couple you were living with?

Anyway, if that's too nosey a question, never mind. Just nice to hear from you.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 10:17 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Hi Whofan, and welcome to God's country. I always was a bit worried about you, over there in Lancashire, so it's nice to know you made it to the right side of the Pennines ;-)

What happened to the gay couple you were living with?

Anyway, if that's too nosey a question, never mind. Just nice to hear from you.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Lancashire lass speaking... Pray tell what is wrong with Lancashire Miss Sallysimmons
Old Oct 7th 2015, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to everyone who's sent me such lovely messages in response to my posting Always nice to know I haven't been forgotten lol
Another story with a happy ending, well done for never giving up when life throws those curve balls. I was in Ashton the other day with my MIL as she likes the indoor market there so I drive from over Derbyshire pick her up and we have a Costa Coffee. I was thinking (dangerous for me) do you live anywhere near Oldham or Rochdale as you can catch a tram directly in to Ashton now, might be easier for you the 2 buses.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Lancashire lass speaking... Pray tell what is wrong with Lancashire Miss Sallysimmons
Well its a bit damper on the Lancashire side (I was born in Lancashire but now live in Derbyshire) and if I am honest (and I don't like this much) I do much prefer the Dales of Yorkshire and their coastline.....but we are still The Best people "salt of the earth" etc etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.