A voice from the past.

Old Sep 4th 2015, 7:42 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default A voice from the past.

I bet nobody expected to hear from me again huh? LOL Sorry everyone, just been sooooooo busy what with one thing or another (which I'll go into shortly) that I just haven't had the time to sit down and actually write an update. I also apologise to those who sent me PM's last year which I obviously didn't see until now, so forgive me - I wasn't being rude and ignoring you I promise.

Well, where to start?? For those who don't know me or don't recognise the name, I came back to the UK in April of 2013 and I'm still loving it. I moved from Arizona and it's still the best decision I ever made. I'm so much at home here that it doesn't feel like I've lived anywhere else, apart from of course missing the odd food group from the US lol.

I did go through a rough patch to start with, health wise, but I'm pleased to report that everything is so much better now, and I resumed my long distance hikes (averaging about 25 miles every weekend). I've lost 2 stone since February alone so that is a bonus

I'm still living at the B&B unfortunately, or fortunately. Depends on which way you want to look at it. Because of my health I wasn't able to work for over a year, so I wasn't able to save up and get a place of my own at the time. The price was good here and it covered everything that I could possibly need apart from my mobile phone. Apart from one little glitch where they said that i was 12 weeks behind in my rent when I know for a fact I'd paid regularly every single fortnight but I had no proof, because we 'trusted' each other and I'd either hand over the money in person or just leave it on their office desk in an envelope with my name on it and the amount (stupid me). Sufficed to say that was a nightmare to pay back and not to want to kill someone at the same time.

My priority of course was getting my health back to normal, which I did. It was a long road, sort of learning to walk again and getting everything to work the way it was supposed to, but finally I was back to my old self again and raring to get back to work to earn some money. It took a while to get a job that I felt I was going to be capable of doing. Warehouse work was definitely out ! Plus I'd worked in the medical field for so long that I was looking for that kind of job, and it wasn't easy to find something easy enough for me to get to without a car. Public transport is pretty damn good here, but I didn't relish having to travel a couple of hours to get to work in the morning. But still I tried.

Thankfully in March this year I was offered a Medical Receptionist job in Ashton, which although it wasn't in an area I was familiar with, I figured out that I could get there without any hassles. I technically live in West Yorkshire, so cross the border into Lancashire to go to work lol. I just LOVE my job, the girls I work with are terrific and it's very long days and I still have to travel a bit to get there. I leave home at 6.30am and walk back in the door at 7.30pm that night. Two buses which is okay, but if I am running a bit late I miss the bus in Ashton which means I miss the last bus heading home and I have to walk 45 minutes. But you know me - I love my walking so it's no hardship. The only hardship part is if I walk home I get home at 8.30pm instead of 7.30pm, but I still wouldn't move closer to work. There's a certain point in my journey when I see those beautiful Pennine's and I know I'm home. I can feel my entire body relax. Wouldn't change that feeling for the world, so I'm more than happy to make the trek each day

Another bit of news is I have a wonderful man in my life. <3 I love him so very much and can't imagine life without him. I keep my private life, private, so don't and won't post anything about him on Facebook. Let's just say our relationship is a little complicated, but what can you do when you love someone? lol. I just have to see his smiling face and those twinkling eyes and my heart skips a beat and I can't help but smile back.

Another joy of being back is being so close to Europe. The air fares are ridiculously cheap and I've been enjoying heading over on holidays. Just this past month I spent some time in Estonia and next month I'm spending my birthday in Norway Not only do I get to see some beautiful country and meet lovely people, but I get to hear my favourite band play at the same time, so it's a win-win situation

So all in all, disregarding the crappy start I had, I just love being home. Even being so very ill didn't dampen my enthusiasm for being here. Naturally there is good and bad everywhere you go and no country is perfect, but I'm HOME and I can't imagine being anywhere else. I can't wait to go through and read up on everyone's posts and see what has been happening to everyone else who's made that intrepid journey back.

There you go, just a brief (even if it does look like I've written a new War & Peace lol) summary of what's been happening to me lately. Promise to come back more often and visit with friends and catch up with you all. Take care everyone - wishing you all the very best weekend xxx

Last edited by WhoFan63; Sep 4th 2015 at 8:05 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A voice from the past.

WhoFan63! So lovely to hear from you and so fantastic to hear how well things are going now after all you went through. Really, really thrilled for you!
Old Sep 4th 2015, 8:50 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks so much hun ! It's been an adventure for sure lol
Old Sep 5th 2015, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Great update! You sure know how to land on your feet! Such a shinning example of persistence and hope for all of us still to make the journey, and even those already there but struggling a little. Why don't you post over in Over 40's as they don't always come over here. Best of everything now and in the future
Old Sep 5th 2015, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

So nice to hear your update even if it has been hard for you initially. Home is where the heart is and you have found your home! My news is that we are going home too! To our old house in a town in South Buckinghamshire on Thames, and we leave in 3 weeks time! OH if you remember did not want to go but now as everything is coming together he is looking forward to it too. We will be retiring and buying a caravan and travelling around UK and Europe as and when the bug bites us. Our house is easy lock up and go and walking distance to the town shops, about half an hour. I need to lose a lot of my stress weight when get back so will be joining my old weight watchers group I belonged to 14 years ago. I also love walking and we plan to do a lot of this together with geocashing for OH, he needs a reason to walk whereas I just love the fresh air and feel the freedom. Look forward to you joining us in over 40, s section.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

way to go girl
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:22 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

That's a great update Whofan. I admire your resilience, I get knocked down but I get up again should be your theme song.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:37 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Whofan. So lovely to hear from you again and I am so glad that things are going well for you.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 8:24 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Whofan, I remember your journey and it was certainly a tough one! So glad to hear that things have turned around for you and you are loving your time back home.
I really must get up to Yorkshire one day soon, it is on my list as I hear it is so beautiful.

We have been back just over 2 years now, just bought a new home and are so happy

Looking forward to your updates as they come. Take care.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:02 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Thank you to everyone who's sent me such lovely messages in response to my posting Always nice to know I haven't been forgotten lol
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:03 pm
Yorkshire Lass

You will really need to make a trip up here. It truly is God's Own Country ! I cross the border literally every day to get to work and I can feel a difference immediately. I get to that certain point in my journey and I can feel my body relax as it sighs 'we're home'

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Hi Whofan, I remember your journey and it was certainly a tough one! So glad to hear that things have turned around for you and you are loving your time back home.
I really must get up to Yorkshire one day soon, it is on my list as I hear it is so beautiful.

We have been back just over 2 years now, just bought a new home and are so happy

Looking forward to your updates as they come. Take care.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:04 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Funny you should say that, because no sooner did I read what you wrote than I could hear that song playing in my head and I had to sing along lol

Originally Posted by Editha
That's a great update Whofan. I admire your resilience, I get knocked down but I get up again should be your theme song.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:06 pm
Yorkshire Lass

If you're anything like most of us, you'll be counting down those three weeks. All the very best to you hun, the time will fly and soon you'll be back on home soil again Have a safe trip and soon I can say 'welcome home'

Originally Posted by feelbritish
So nice to hear your update even if it has been hard for you initially. Home is where the heart is and you have found your home! My news is that we are going home too! To our old house in a town in South Buckinghamshire on Thames, and we leave in 3 weeks time! OH if you remember did not want to go but now as everything is coming together he is looking forward to it too. We will be retiring and buying a caravan and travelling around UK and Europe as and when the bug bites us. Our house is easy lock up and go and walking distance to the town shops, about half an hour. I need to lose a lot of my stress weight when get back so will be joining my old weight watchers group I belonged to 14 years ago. I also love walking and we plan to do a lot of this together with geocashing for OH, he needs a reason to walk whereas I just love the fresh air and feel the freedom. Look forward to you joining us in over 40, s section.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 9:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's good to hear from you and know that you are doing well.
I've been wondering how you are. We are on our 2 year anniversary of arriving in the UK this week. Still loving it.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Just in from work and thought I would look on BE and catch up.. So very glad I did and so happy you are well and thriving.. I always searched for you on here and makes me so happy it has all worked out.. I am still in the U.S!! I am off to bed soon as I am in from work late but it warms my heart to know things have turned out well for you..thanks for the fab update.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.