Two years

Old Jul 5th 2016, 8:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two years

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby

Perhaps I'm just dense as well as sententious, (thanks for the new word...I did have to look it up, don't think it really applies..I'll have to think about it) but if there is one thing I am not, it's a hypocrite.
An annoying troll perhaps?
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
An annoying troll perhaps?
Wow, where did THAT come from?

So now I've been called a sententious prat and an annoying troll. Lovely.

Last edited by Downton Gabby; Jul 5th 2016 at 9:07 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
Wow, where did THAT come from?

So now I've been called a sententious prat and an annoying troll. Lovely.
Hmm. On a Back Home thread too.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I love the British sense of humour, Aussies have it too. My step-dad has had end stage lung cancer for 3 years, was only expected to live for 6 months after the diagnosis.

He turned 90 last month, he's slowly fading away and every breath's a struggle, but my 83 year old Mum still racks her brains every morning for something she can cook to tempt his appetite. If he gives her stick (as he often does!), she tells him to shut up or she'll put in in a home or double up on his pills. It's one of the few things that give him a laugh these days. That, and when we call him Teflon Man (because everything just slides off him, including, apparently, cancer!)

Wouldn't it be a sad old world if we were all po-faced, hushed and grief stricken in the face of illness/death/frailty? All the good people I know in this situation do what Editha's doing - unstintingly give love, care and time to the family member who needs it, but don't go about wringing their hands, playing violins and giving up on their own lives or future.

Downtown Gabby, how about you handle death and dying your way, and mind your own business regarding what other people do?
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:27 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I love the British sense of humour, Aussies have it too. My step-dad has had end stage lung cancer for 3 years, was only expected to live for 6 months after the diagnosis.

He turned 90 last month, he's slowly fading away and every breath's a struggle, but my 83 year old Mum still racks her brains every morning for something she can cook to tempt his appetite. If he gives her stick (as he often does!), she tells him to shut up or she'll put in in a home or double up on his pills. It's one of the few things that give him a laugh these days. That, and when we call him Teflon Man (because everything just slides off him, including, apparently, cancer!)

Wouldn't it be a sad old world if we were all po-faced, hushed and grief stricken in the face of illness/death/frailty? All the good people I know in this situation do what Editha's doing - unstintingly give love, care and time to the family member who needs it, but don't go about wringing their hands, playing violins and giving up on their own lives or future.

Downtown Gabby, how about y+1ou handle death and dying your way, and mind your own business regarding what other people do?
+1 or rather +2 but the OH is in bed.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

Downtown Gabby, how about you handle death and dying your way, and mind your own business regarding what other people do?
Don't preach to me about how "good people" care for their loved ones. I cared for both my parents who were seriously, simultaneously sick for a long time who then died just a few months apart. I know more than enough about what it takes and how to do it and how people handle things their own way. I did give up most of my life for a long time to make sure they were taken care of in every way. I know all about dementia, congestive heart failure, COPD, heart attacks, oxygen tanks, caregivers, day care, ambulances, nursing homes, hospitals, doctors, nurses, therapy, prescriptions and more, and then how to plan and execute every aspect of wakes, funerals, writing obituaries and grieving....all by myself, thank you very much.

I found Editha's statements about being able to move as soon as her mother dies disconcerting and I said so. I couldn't dream of saying such things myself. If it was British humor, I guess I don't think it's funny. But I certainly didn't call people names . You all are ganging up on me like bullies.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Editha...I am sorry your thread has descended into finger pointing and name calling. I therefore think its best to close this thread.