Three years in.

Old May 1st 2016, 5:13 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Three years in.

Hi everyone, long time no see !

Last month I celebrated being back home for three years and I'm still surprised at how fast the time has gone. I still have that sense of awe as though I've just stepped off the plane and still don't regret a single thing.

That thought was brought home to me even more at the end of March when I had a massive heart attack and went into cardiac arrest. Thankfully I had called the paramedics in time and I was transported with all lights and sirens flashing to Wythenshaw Hospital in South Manchester where I was taken straight into surgery.

Recovering slowly although not able to work at the moment and I have to have an echocardiogram at the end of May to determine my remaining heart function before I begin cardiac rehab. So all of these cardiology appointments, hospital stays and all the new medication I am on makes me so glad of the NHS. If I'd still been in the US I hate to think how much this would have all cost me, especially without health insurance.

Don't get me wrong - the UK isn't perfect, no country is, it has it's ups and downs just like everyone else, but in my heart it's HOME !! I'm now in my own home just outside of Manchester, so I have a roof over my head and food on the table. My heart is still beating and so I'm truly blessed !
Old May 1st 2016, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three years in.

Hope the tests come back positive. Gotta love the NHS. My mum has had atrial fibrillation for about a year and they have taken very good care of her.
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

WhoFan63,
So lovely to see an update from you but OMG you have really been through it healthwise, you poor thing. Very glad that they got you to hospital in time and if this was going to happen then thank goodness it was when you were in the UK.

Good to hear you have your own place now. As always it's a pleasure to hear your positive attitude to life despite all the difficulties you have had to face.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery but take things easy!!!
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:53 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been enjoying your picture blog. What bad luck to have a heart attack despite all that walking. I'm glad the NHS has done a good job. I'm impressed you remain so positive. Best wishes for your recovery.
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

That's one thing about you Linzi, always seeing the positive in every situation. Hats off to you my friend! Keep on keeping on
Old May 5th 2016, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Also wishing you well. The NHS might have its problems but I think it is a wonderful institution. Glad you have somewhere nice to stay too. I remember your first posts about your walks and photos they helped me stay inspired when I was still stuck in Canada. I too walk a lot but have a lot of weight to lose and the NHS sent me some vouchers for weight watchers so they are very proactive in our county. Take care xx
Old May 5th 2016, 3:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking about you yesterday Linzi. No idea why, you just popped in my head and I wondered if you were still here or gone back to US.
I'm glad you got the blue light treatment and you're doing well.
hope you'll be back to your usual self in no time.
Old May 5th 2016, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth
That's one thing about you Linzi, always seeing the positive in every situation. Hats off to you my friend! Keep on keeping on
+1
Old May 6th 2016, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

I think of you so often.. I am so sorry to hear about your heart problems.. Hopefully the test results will be ok and you are taken care of. You were courageous to make the journey over to the U.K and I am so glad in the end it has worked out for you. Your attitude no doubt helped you get over any hurdles. Happy to hear you have your own place and I wish you a speedy recovery. I often come on the site looking for posts and updates from you as you have always been an inspiration. Best Wishes to you.
Old May 7th 2016, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, 3 years already! Sorry to hear about the health scare - we are indeed fortunate to have the NHS even with all its woes. Hope your recovery to fill fitness is proceeding nicely!
Old May 8th 2016, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Anglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond repute

WhoFan63, I have always found your story very inspirational and am a huge fan of your blog! So sorry to hear of your current health woes. Your amazing courage and determination will stand you in good stead in getting back on your feet. Wishing you all the very best and hope it won't be too long before you get back to doing all the things you love in the great outdoors!
Old May 28th 2016, 5:41 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Hi everyone, long time no see !

Last month I celebrated being back home for three years and I'm still surprised at how fast the time has gone. I still have that sense of awe as though I've just stepped off the plane and still don't regret a single thing.

That thought was brought home to me even more at the end of March when I had a massive heart attack and went into cardiac arrest. Thankfully I had called the paramedics in time and I was transported with all lights and sirens flashing to Wythenshaw Hospital in South Manchester where I was taken straight into surgery.

Recovering slowly although not able to work at the moment and I have to have an echocardiogram at the end of May to determine my remaining heart function before I begin cardiac rehab. So all of these cardiology appointments, hospital stays and all the new medication I am on makes me so glad of the NHS. If I'd still been in the US I hate to think how much this would have all cost me, especially without health insurance.

Don't get me wrong - the UK isn't perfect, no country is, it has it's ups and downs just like everyone else, but in my heart it's HOME !! I'm now in my own home just outside of Manchester, so I have a roof over my head and food on the table. My heart is still beating and so I'm truly blessed !
Hello you! What a mare you've been through, glad my colleagues managed to help you and get you into hospital in time

You're such an amazing woman and a true survivor, always love your posts, wishing you a speedy recovery! B x
Old May 28th 2016, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto from me, love your posts, three years! time certainly flies seems like yesterday I was reading about your arrival
Old May 29th 2016, 9:36 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Whofan,

WOW you have certainly been through the wars but you are so inspiring with a brave and positive outlook. I hope you continue to recover and enjoy life back here in the UK.
Best of luck to you
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:08 pm
Lelo

lelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to hear how you are doing and happy to hear that you were able to get the medical help you needed! That is certainly a blessing! Onwards and Upwards from here! :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.