Two week update!

Old Jun 17th 2013, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

jkgoulds will become famous soon enoughjkgoulds will become famous soon enough
Default Two week update!

Hello again B.E I apologise for the withheld update

Firstly thank you all for the wishes I received when I was departing Canada. They must of worked as we have all arrived safe and sound, including the two kitties

Wow, where do I start? We have had such a busy 2 weeks, its been non-stop! Not that I'm complaining, I have loved every minute of it!

Happy, happy, happy

The flight was felt longer than before, actually tiring, couldn't sleep a wink and I felt so bad for having the cats underneath in Cargo, hoping that they was doing fine and wasn't doing too much acrobatics in their kennels! They was the only animals flying on that flight so it gave me bit of relief knowing they would of got more attention/care prior to the flight but they where absolutely fine, they was happy and SO pleased to see me. When I opened up their doors they jumped straight out onto my shoulders and started meowing like crazy - was such a relief. The agency vet said they were perfectly okay and didn't even have any mess and are very happy!

Basically, so far so good!

Landed at Manchester airport, walked through the terminal to find a group of my friends waiting for me, super nice surprise! The weather was gorgeous, few clouds around 24 degrees and the moisture in the air was fab! Went and got the rental car with no hiccups or problems - got a 2013 Hyundai I30 was amazing, defiantly worth recommending. We put 850 miles on it and only filled it up once which cost fifty pounds took it back today, so will update if all went well regarding getting our deposit back into our CA bank account.

These last two weeks we have visited Manchester, York (which was absolutely beautiful!), Pickering, Hemsley, Scarbourough, Whitby, Malton, Yorkshire Dales! Its been amazing seeing all the green and countrysides, you defiantly take it for granted when its not in your day to day routine and its so refreshing to see. Beats grim dry fields and that white stuff!

People have been so friendly, was rather struck back when I first arrived in Manchester. Couldn't believe it but was great having a chin wag to someone with the proper English accent I still haven't bumped into any rude, unhelpful people yet but feels nice to know that all the bad things people say about England, ain't all that true! At least upholding a conversation isn't like drawing blood from a stone

I applied for a job today in a nice quaint historic town cafe which I got a phone call back after a few hours asking if I could come in for a 'informal chat'. Might be nothing but could be something, it's nothing permanent but just something to bring some extra money as a part time job until we get on our feet properly - I feel so EXCITED for what the future holds.

As for how I feel about it all, I feel like I'm almost myself again - I think a few more weeks I'll be back on track that wondering of belonging and being lost in yourself and general life isn't good for anyone and it was a risk to take coming back here but not once have I really though 'I wan't to go back'. Its so heart warming to see my fiancé happy within himself also, it almost makes every worry, every second of stress over the move worth it.

Asda, must admit our first shop we ended up buying a whole load of goodies! The variety is fantastic and it is unbelievably cheap its safe to say I've put a little extra weight on but what do you expect after being without it for so long

Well its nearly midnight so I'm going to get some sleep, falling asleep with the rain pattering and the chirps of the birds in the morning and something to smile about.

I will make another update on this thread about the experience so far later this week because I still have so much to let you in on and natter about so for now, goodnight!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two week update!

Thank you!! What a wonderful update. I'm so glad its going well and I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Delightful update! for the job!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Redgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to all

Fantastic update! Thank you! for the job it sounds very promising. What a great surprise at the airport! Great to imagine you visiting all those places and yup, no more white stuff is going to be very nice! Keep us posted!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 5:59 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 6:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, was wondering how you and kitties had got on, glad you are enjoying it back home..
Old Jun 18th 2013, 7:32 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it is working out for you.
I am always amazed when I hear how how miserable, unhelpful and dare I say it rude Brits are supposed to be, I guess we are just lucky we havent met them I wonder where the view comes from as it definitely isnt accurate?
Old Jun 18th 2013, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, sounds like you have hit the ground running! Great update!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all! Quick update about the job....

Went for the interview, they was lovely people and an hour later I got a call asking if id be willing to come in for a trail run this friday! I said yes of corse, I can't believe it really, im not getting my hopes up to high but all I can do is try my best

Its been a lovely 24 degrees today, who said england rains all the time? I think those who are negetive about England obviously dont have the mind frame to 'look at the bright side of life'. I mean, its not all bunny rabbits running through the meadows but its defiantly not how the media perceive it at all, yes there is crime yes the goverment are a bunch of turnips, yes 'finding work' isnt easy but doesnt every country have its problems?
Old Jun 18th 2013, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jkgoulds

Went for the interview, they was lovely people and an hour later I got a call asking if id be willing to come in for a trail run this friday! I said yes of corse, I can't believe it really, im not getting my hopes up to high but all I can do is try my best

Its been a lovely 24 degrees today, who said england rains all the time? I think those who are negetive about England obviously dont have the mind frame to 'look at the bright side of life'. I mean, its not all bunny rabbits running through the meadows but its defiantly not how the media perceive it at all, yes there is crime yes the goverment are a bunch of turnips, yes 'finding work' isnt easy but doesnt every country have its problems?
I'm sure you will do very well! Where are you located? Time to update your profile
Old Jun 18th 2013, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

All done :P
Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

All done :P
I used to live near Market Rasen..
Old Jun 19th 2013, 11:07 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely updates! Just what I needed as I'm returning next week! Hope everything continues to go well for you. I'm thinking of all the cakes and cream buns you can eat on the job
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Redgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to all

sounds like the job is in the bag!

I have a sister in Lincolnshire. Really nice place.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely update you certainly sound like you are in the right place and appreciate what you have. I think people in the England who have never left the country dont know how lucky they are . My family tend to moan and moan and I want to tell them to stop. But ask them would they live anywhere else and most say No.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.