Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Hello Strangers! 3 year update.

Hello Strangers! 3 year update.

Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:43 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello Strangers! 3 year update.

Hello everybody. Im currently off work for the 6 weeks school holidays and I thought I would pop on this site to see how everyone is doing.

We have been back for 3 years now and I'm not sure where the time has gone. Hubby has settled in a new job (about 1 year ago) where he doesn't have to work away from home. We are still living in the North East of England and I am happy enough (for now ) lol

Ferne is doing well at school and has just completed Year 3. My little girl is turning into a big girl!

I have eventually got a good job. I work for a psychology firm where I travel around primary schools in my area and provide psychological therapies to little ones. I love it. I worked in a primary school previous to that but suffered terrible bullying from my boss. I was so unhappy. My new boss is fab. We have been trying to extend our family but unfortunately I have lost 4 babies in total over the past 2 years. It has been really hard for us but hopefully the bright skies are returning. Were thinking about getting a dog for Ferne.

Life in the UK is good at the moment. I won't make it out to be perfect because it isn't . Every country is the same I guess. I'm enjoying travelling and making the most of outdoor life here (weather permitting). I do miss the warmth in NZ as up North here it can get pretty cold and wet. I only made 3 good friends in NZ and one of them came to the UK last year and we met up. We cried and hugged for ages. She has lived in NZ for 45 years and still calls the UK her home! She is coming to stay with me in September as she is hopping on a plane again. I can't wait. My other friend has just moved from St Heliers to Mission Bay (Auckland) and is settling into her new rented property. The other friend moved to Canada and is doing really well.

I do feel that living in another country changes you in many ways. I have changed in so many ways. Most people are puzzled and ask why we returned to the UK. When they ask if were home for good I just smile and say "I never say forever"
Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Strangers! 3 year update.

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Hello everybody. Im currently off work for the 6 weeks school holidays and I thought I would pop on this site to see how everyone is doing.

We have been back for 3 years now and I'm not sure where the time has gone. Hubby has settled in a new job (about 1 year ago) where he doesn't have to work away from home. We are still living in the North East of England and I am happy enough (for now ) lol

Ferne is doing well at school and has just completed Year 3. My little girl is turning into a big girl!

I have eventually got a good job. I work for a psychology firm where I travel around primary schools in my area and provide psychological therapies to little ones. I love it. I worked in a primary school previous to that but suffered terrible bullying from my boss. I was so unhappy. My new boss is fab. We have been trying to extend our family but unfortunately I have lost 4 babies in total over the past 2 years. It has been really hard for us but hopefully the bright skies are returning. Were thinking about getting a dog for Ferne.

Life in the UK is good at the moment. I won't make it out to be perfect because it isn't . Every country is the same I guess. I'm enjoying travelling and making the most of outdoor life here (weather permitting). I do miss the warmth in NZ as up North here it can get pretty cold and wet. I only made 3 good friends in NZ and one of them came to the UK last year and we met up. We cried and hugged for ages. She has lived in NZ for 45 years and still calls the UK her home! She is coming to stay with me in September as she is hopping on a plane again. I can't wait. My other friend has just moved from St Heliers to Mission Bay (Auckland) and is settling into her new rented property. The other friend moved to Canada and is doing really well.

I do feel that living in another country changes you in many ways. I have changed in so many ways. Most people are puzzled and ask why we returned to the UK. When they ask if were home for good I just smile and say "I never say forever"
Great update! Thanks for posting! So sorry about you losing your babies - that must have been very hard for you. Hope happier days are ahead for you and your family and you enjoy spending time with your friend when she comes for a visit. Take care of yourself.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Strangers! 3 year update.

Thanks for the update. I remember reading some of your posts before. I never say forever too. I'm just passing through....

Everywhere is on the way if you have the time.