One year Briti-versary!

Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all
Default Re: One year Briti-versary!

Originally Posted by Lorry1
I have been home 1 year on Sunday so wanted to write an update to let those of you who are interested know how I'm doing.

It doesn't seem possible!!!! And that means... it's OUR turn!!!

I remember reading all your posts, I am SO happy that things have worked out so well (and ugh, teenagers!)... things are working out far better than we could have planned, so we hope to be over the pond ... well, Hunny to start ... in about two and a half months, with me and the Littles following a couple months later. The Bigs are college bound for the next three years of their lives. HOORAY FOR SKYPE!

SO pleased... can't tell you, really really pleased to hear your wonderful and realistic update. Be blessed!!!

ETA: I must have been half asleep when I replied before and it only just now "clicked" who I was talking to... so the enthusiasm is because I'm more awake apparently. SO happy for you!

Last edited by pondhopper2014; Jul 27th 2014 at 9:26 pm. Reason: because I"m a dunce.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 7:08 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014

It doesn't seem possible!!!! And that means... it's OUR turn!!!

I remember reading all your posts, I am SO happy that things have worked out so well (and ugh, teenagers!)... things are working out far better than we could have planned, so we hope to be over the pond ... well, Hunny to start ... in about two and a half months, with me and the Littles following a couple months later. The Bigs are college bound for the next three years of their lives. HOORAY FOR SKYPE!

SO pleased... can't tell you, really really pleased to hear your wonderful and realistic update. Be blessed!!!

ETA: I must have been half asleep when I replied before and it only just now "clicked" who I was talking to... so the enthusiasm is because I'm more awake apparently. SO happy for you!
Thanks everyone and best of luck to you all.

Pondhopper, I'm so sorry for my ignorance but I can't remember who you are So much has happened over the last year that everything previous is a big blur and doesn't feel real anymore.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:04 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic Lorry, just try not to be too annoyingly positive
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:14 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

What, like this......WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO I LOVE ENGLAND!?

Maybe too much?
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:22 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1

Pondhopper, I'm so sorry for my ignorance but I can't remember who you are
Awkward
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pommybird
Awkward
Not at all! I'm just a "nobody" from Canada.. it was ME following Lorry1's story, not the other way around. No offence taken whatsoever! I can imagine it's a blur. We're moving to temporary lodgings till we move over ourselves in the Autumn... we're on countdown now, which is where they were last year...

Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Great update and good to hear a postive experience, think this winter did a lot of people in!!! Hoping to move back to UK in the next six months after ten years.....
Old Jul 31st 2014, 6:42 am
The Brit is back

yep that could have been very awkward!

Thanks Pondhopper and really, good luck to you moving back!

WOW Daisymoll, you managed 10 years! haha good luck moving home

Well, I'm off to Norfolk today to see my oldest friend get married and am so happy I can make it as I missed a couple of important weddings while in Canada just because we couldn't afford the flights!

This summer has been non-stop with a weekend in Bath, last weekend in the Cotswolds, a hen-do at an 80's festival in Southampton, and social events galore including a street BBQ on Sunday (I love my neighbours!)...and I love it!
It's great to feel included again and have so much to do
Old Jul 31st 2014, 8:14 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
Not at all! I'm just a "nobody" from Canada.. it was ME following Lorry1's story, not the other way around. No offence taken whatsoever! I can imagine it's a blur. We're moving to temporary lodgings till we move over ourselves in the Autumn... we're on countdown now, which is where they were last year...

Awww I was only joking, good luck with your move back to the UK.

I've been back 8 years now (from Oz), and never a day goes by when I don't thank my lucky stars to be living back home here in the UK.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:35 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Awww I was only joking, good luck with your move back to the UK.

I've been back 8 years now (from Oz), and never a day goes by when I don't thank my lucky stars to be living back home here in the UK.
Its only been 2 years for us but I rarely give Australia a thought, we felt so stiffled over there and feel as though we can relax and do the things we love here now.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so very jealous!
Lucky for you. I wish I could move back too.
Congrats.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:49 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Where on earth did that time go?!!! Great update mate, always love reading your posts. V happy that your eldest has settled down now and hopefully things will improve for your youngest when she starts high school

I can never see Phish Food in Tescos without thinking of you, it always makes me laugh! Great to hear from you x
Old Oct 21st 2014, 9:43 am
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Where on earth did that time go?!!! Great update mate, always love reading your posts. V happy that your eldest has settled down now and hopefully things will improve for your youngest when she starts high school

I can never see Phish Food in Tescos without thinking of you, it always makes me laugh! Great to hear from you x
Thanks MissBetty! I am really really happy that we returned home and I have absolutely no regrets. I am still in awe every day with all the new (old) things I see.
I barely think of...whats that place called again?...oh, Canada! yeah I barely think about Canada at all now lol.

Hubby and I have been going through a mid-life crisis and splashed out on a convertible porsche early in summer (second hand but scrummy!). We spent all available weekends travelling round the Country going to places not been before. We visited Bath, The Cotswolds and more recently Warwick & Stratford. I have been to Manchester to meet up with a friend visiting from Canada, Norfolk for a friends wedding and London on a few occasions. Just having the time of our lives really and being tourists in our own Country.
We couldn't afford to do anything like that in Canada and the great thing about the UK is you can travel 10 miles and be in a totally different town with history and different building types. Love it!

The ONLY downside right now is my eldest planning to return to Canada next year I am just hoping it won't be forever! But that's on another thread.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Junebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond repute

lovely post makes me feel even more like getting back