NHS

Old Apr 21st 2012, 5:32 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold
Default NHS

I have just spent three days in hospital with my daughter who caught a terrible stomach bug and had serious D and V so became severely dehydrated. She is a little thing anyway so didn't have any weight to lose!

Anyway, my reasons for posting, was to comment on the amazing care we received. It was truly amazing! We arrived at the hospital and went into A and E. The security guard pushed us to the front of a short queue and I was sent into a children's A and E department. Amazing! We were seem immediately and were up in a beautiful and very clean room within the hour. I can't tell you how wonderful the doctors and nurses were. So fantastic!

I felt very proud to be British!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS

This is great to hear! Thanks for posting.

Tina
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

oops, to clarify, not great of course to hear your daughter was so ill! But great to hear that you had such good treatment.

Tina
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 11:22 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
I have just spent three days in hospital with my daughter who caught a terrible stomach bug and had serious D and V so became severely dehydrated. She is a little thing anyway so didn't have any weight to lose!

Anyway, my reasons for posting, was to comment on the amazing care we received. It was truly amazing! We arrived at the hospital and went into A and E. The security guard pushed us to the front of a short queue and I was sent into a children's A and E department. Amazing! We were seem immediately and were up in a beautiful and very clean room within the hour. I can't tell you how wonderful the doctors and nurses were. So fantastic!

I felt very proud to be British!
I am so pleased you had good treatment and hope your daughter is on the mend.

I was admitted to Macclesfield hospital last year for 2 days and the treatment I received was second to none. I had taken a taxi to the hospital as I was too unwell to drive, I think it cost about £30.00, anyway I didn't expect to be admitted so was unprepared, when I left the nurse arranged for me to be taken home in FREE hospital transport.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 12:26 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I am so pleased you had good treatment and hope your daughter is on the mend.

I was admitted to Macclesfield hospital last year for 2 days and the treatment I received was second to none. I had taken a taxi to the hospital as I was too unwell to drive, I think it cost about £30.00, anyway I didn't expect to be admitted so was unprepared, when I left the nurse arranged for me to be taken home in FREE hospital transport.
I wish the papers would print stories like this! It must be so disheartening for the fab docs and nurses of Britain who work so hard, then be rubbished in the news. The papers are the main cause for British discontentment, cynicism and moaning and should be banned!

So glad you had a good experience too! When I was in Canada and had an op there was blood all down the side of the bed. I asked for it to be cleaned and she said it wasn't scheduled to be done! I put a sheet over it!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

It is great to hear of the outstanding treatment your daughter received. Hope she is much better.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Wonderful! Glad your daughter is ok and it is so good hear about the great treatment at the NHS.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 6:29 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I wish the papers would print stories like this! It must be so disheartening for the fab docs and nurses of Britain who work so hard, then be rubbished in the news. The papers are the main cause for British discontentment, cynicism and moaning and should be banned!

So glad you had a good experience too! When I was in Canada and had an op there was blood all down the side of the bed. I asked for it to be cleaned and she said it wasn't scheduled to be done! I put a sheet over it!!!!
The papers should ask expats not the great British public who have no experience of medical treatment elsewhere, though I have to say I had no problems in Australia either, except you do have to pay for ambulances if you don't have private health cover.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:11 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping that your daughter is feeling much better now and its lovely to hear that you had good treatment from the NHS. I'm a paramedic and the only stories that seem to get printed about us are so negative - its very disheartening at times I must admit! Beedubya if you are ever too unwell to drive again call 999 - seriously! That is what we are here for

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 23rd 2012 at 4:14 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 6:25 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hoping that your daughter is feeling much better now and its lovely to hear that you had good treatment from the NHS. I'm a paramedic and the only stories that seem to get printed about us are so negative - its very disheartening at times I must admit! Beedubya if you are ever too unwell to drive again call 999 - seriously! That is what we are here for
Ah see I had my Aussie hat on at the time, I'd only been back a few months and when I thought "ambulance" I thought $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Here where I work/live we call them at the drop of the hat for the elderly people and they get cranky if the ambo's are taking a while!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope your daughter is feeling better now. I never read the papers in the UK I did not in W.A so I thought why read them here, most of them are full of rubbish in different shapes and forms...I agree with the NHS, you mainly hear about the worse in our Hospitals (I have worked in a few here) but I think they are on the whole fantastic, anyone who has not been lucky enough to live where they do not have something like the NHS I am sure would feel the same. You know the old adage...."you dont know what you have until its gone"...
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:27 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Ah see I had my Aussie hat on at the time, I'd only been back a few months and when I thought "ambulance" I thought $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Here where I work/live we call them at the drop of the hat for the elderly people and they get cranky if the ambo's are taking a while!!!!
Ha ha! Yes here in Qld the service is free to Qld residents but overseas visitors and interstate patients get billed so health cover is a must. I must admit that sometimes when I get called out to a nasty abusive drunk tourist at 0300 hrs who has a minor injury from PAFO (pi**ed and fell over!) its quite satisfying to think 'well you'll be getting a bill for $1000 for this matey'!!!!!

I love the oldies in the UK. I always carry their bags, listen to their complaints (usually 'ooh this country is going to the dogs!' Lol!) and apologise for not getting there in 5 mins flat! Bless 'em!!!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:31 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Ha ha! Yes here in Qld the service is free to Qld residents but overseas visitors and interstate patients get billed so health cover is a must. I must admit that sometimes when I get called out to a nasty abusive drunk tourist at 0300 hrs who has a minor injury from PAFO (pi**ed and fell over!) its quite satisfying to think 'well you'll be getting a bill for $1000 for this matey'!!!!!

I love the oldies in the UK. I always carry their bags, listen to their complaints (usually 'ooh this country is going to the dogs!' Lol!) and apologise for not getting there in 5 mins flat! Bless 'em!!!
I had to call them out yesterday afternoon for a 98 year old who had fallen in her flat, they were 2 young girls and they were just lovely and ever so patient with the patient.

Her friend was in the flat and kept saying where is the ambulance, yet they were there in 5 minutes!!!!

I didn't know ambulances were free in Qld, not so in NSW.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:56 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

As far as i am aware you pay for the ambulance in Qld through a levy on your ekectricity bill ?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:20 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by chris955
As far as i am aware you pay for the ambulance in Qld through a levy on your ekectricity bill ?
Nope not anymore! They got rid of that last year, its completely free now to all Qld residents but we have to record all overseas and interstate patients addresses on our patient care forms so they get charged just over $1000 if they call us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.