Moving Back this year

Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Madreth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Back this year

Hello All!
Wish I had found this place when I first left the UK!
After living in California for 9 years I have made the decisions to return home. In 2005 I was involved in a near-fatal car crash and struggled to get my life together, so I got married to an American and moved here. I had been having health issues since then and then a couple of weeks ago, after a year of intense tests, I was diagnosed as having MS, with 23 lesions on the brain.

So I made the decision to come home. All my family still live here (From the Wirral, inbetween Liverpool and North Wales) and I wanted to be back around them. Marriage has been rocky for a few years (nearly all of them actually) and asked for a divorce last week!

I'm excited and nervous about the return and hope I can learn from other people's experiences. Like the best way to ship personal items back, best way to find a job (even a quick temp one), navigating the NHS as I just started treatment and can't stop it. All other stuff.

I hope to return in September as that gives me a few months to sell off everything I have (my tv, ps4, car, etc) and raise enough money to live off for a little while.

it all goes well.

-Martin
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:26 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back this year

I think this thread should be moved to the main forum. Madreth will get more responses there.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:41 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back this year

I suggest that you, or a member of your family in the UK, get in touch with the MS Society for advice (if you haven't already done so). They should be able to guide you through the steps you need to take to get continuity of care from the US to the UK.