Month 4.......

Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

kiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to behold
Default Month 4.......

Its been an absolute whirlwind! But the best fun imaginable, My partner and I got jobs very quickly. To be honest too quickly but they were to good to pass up and we just jumped at it. I am teaching in a college and I've been part of a recruitment drive for some support staff, reception etc and it's tough to get folk to turn up for the interview let alone select a candidate. So the job market is super bouyant in the South East, I can't comment on the rest of the country but it seems pretty good nationally I'd say.
The one thing we really forgot.....how long it takes to buy
a house! We are staying with friends who are being so patient with us, but if we don't settle on this new place soon I think they'd be quite within there right to throw us out.
We went to Sissnghurst castle at the weekend for a walk through the estate and gardens, it was so stunning, the weather is still amazingly warm for November. We love the access to footpaths and bridal paths through ancient woods and fields. We love living in Kent surrounded by lovely countryside and yet an hour on the train to London.
I am looking forward to xmas and spending time with family, whom now are just a drive away. Next time we will have moved into our house ...pleasssseeee.
I will let you know how we get on. Take care
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Month 4.......

Great update! You sound so happy! Fantastic getting jobs so quickly.

You mention that buying a house is a long process, if you don't mind me asking have you had any difficulty with applying for a mortgage due to lack of UK credit history? Are you going only on what history you have for the last 4 months or did you have previous UK history that they are able to take into account?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

kiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to behold

There has been no problems at all with the bank, they are eager to dole out credit cards and overdrafts were added to account without us realising.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 7:53 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. I hope that one day that's our story too. Fingers crossed you move in time for Christmas.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwibrit101
There has been no problems at all with the bank, they are eager to dole out credit cards and overdrafts were added to account without us realising.
Thanks for the reply! Great to hear that you have had a good experience with the banks for credit cards! Which bank are you with? We still have an old NatWest acct that is still "live" so will start with them.

When we were there in the summer we were told we would need to have at least 6 months preferably 12+ of UK credit history to have success applying for a mortgage. Also better rates depending on how long our credit history was and of course size of deposit would also make a difference to both rates and ease of getting a mortgage.

Is that what you are finding or has lack of UK credit history not been an issue with regard to a mortgage?