Made It To Edinburgh!

Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

AilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Made It To Edinburgh!

Originally Posted by scot47
Edinburgh during the Festival is my vision of Dante's Inferno.
I am with you there
Old Sep 25th 2013, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations BlueGrassLass! That's Brilliant. Edinburgh is a fab city! So much to see and do. I haven't been there for 20 or so years but remember how fun it was. I am still working towards getting home again, albeit the opposite direction down in Cornwall. Pets have always been a stumbling block for us... wondering what to do. But our dog recently had to go over the rainbow bridge and we miss her a lot, but it's one less thing to worry about now. Take care and all the best to you in your new home!!
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:27 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Thanks everyone! Indeed, we are going to give ourselves time to settle in this time, and really figure out what/where we want. We are both sick of moving, and really want to give somewhere a long term go of it.

I'm really looking forward to living here in Edinburgh, and seeing all the nooks and crannies. We really want to take the time to learn this city, and all the great things to do here.
You will love Edinburgh, best city in the world and my hometown I returned from Canada having been there almost 14 years and now live in the Borders, 25 mins from Edinburgh, I find myself there alot
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:29 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Edinburgh during the Festival is my vision of Dante's Inferno.
agreed............
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
You will love Edinburgh, best city in the world and my hometown I returned from Canada having been there almost 14 years and now live in the Borders, 25 mins from Edinburgh, I find myself there alot
How's it going Doll?
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
How's it going Doll?
Great Sal !!thanks. Moved into our house now, mostly decorated etc. Still glad to be home, although i'm sure my hubby thinks we should have done the T.O thing for a year or two, but he wont move again Looking forward to Xmas now, decorating the outdoors North American style and wait for the neighbours to call the national grid!

How's So Cal?
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Great Sal !!thanks. Moved into our house now, mostly decorated etc. Still glad to be home, although i'm sure my hubby thinks we should have done the T.O thing for a year or two, but he wont move again Looking forward to Xmas now, decorating the outdoors North American style and wait for the neighbours to call the national grid!

How's So Cal?
Sounds good! You will have to put up some pictures at Christmas!

You are not missing anything here! We're doing OK though. Trying to get back

xx
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Sounds good! You will have to put up some pictures at Christmas!

You are not missing anything here! We're doing OK though. Trying to get back

xx
Hope it works out for you Sal, I have a feeling it will
Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:53 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that you are happy to be back. I love Edinburgh too, even although I am from the other side.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 11:23 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deepcpearl
Good on you, Bluegrass, hope all goes well.

Hey, that's great news for you, Emperor, with that little comment slipped in there. I've felt your pain through your posts. So pleased to read you've got a return date fixed now. Do let us all know how you get on; I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been rooting for you.
I second that!
Old Sep 25th 2013, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

All the best with your move back to the UK. Edinburgh is lovely. I was born there and spent the first 18 years of my life there. All of my family, bar about a dozen people, still live there and I'm hoping to get back to the old country at some point next year as my brother and his wife are having their 2nd baby and I have yet to meet the first!

Hope Edinburgh is all you want it to be.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by lf1
Great to hear that you are happy to be back. I love Edinburgh too, even although I am from the other side.
how's it all working out for you?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:12 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

how's it all working out for you?
Everything is going well and I am happy to be back. It is just over a year for me now and I can't believe how the time has flown. I am really enjoying life in the rural Borders and as Edinburgh isn't too far away I can easily get my city fix. I was recently back for a visit to Calgary and I can honestly say I don't miss it one bit.
My memory is a bit foggy - are you building a house in the Borders.
Old Sep 28th 2013, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by lf1
Everything is going well and I am happy to be back. It is just over a year for me now and I can't believe how the time has flown. I am really enjoying life in the rural Borders and as Edinburgh isn't too far away I can easily get my city fix. I was recently back for a visit to Calgary and I can honestly say I don't miss it one bit.
My memory is a bit foggy - are you building a house in the Borders.
Cool amazing you've been back already - I must admit I have ZERO desire to head back to Canada any time within the next 10 years My hubby will return as his whole family live there and he has to see his Mum etc.

Our house is now built and we have been in since July - I can't believe Dec 17th is our 1 year anniversary back in Scotland - love it!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

In the City of Miss Jean Brodie there are some changes on the way.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...=email%2Balert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.