Just popping in to say hi!

Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:23 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just popping in to say hi!

Hello everyone

Not been on here for a while so thought I'd drop by, lots has happened so here I go with the latest!

Well its been nearly 4 months now since I lost my Dad, I'm still grieving and I still miss him every single day BUT I am truly grateful I came back when I did and got to spend that last precious year with him. I spend a lot of time with my Mum atm, she has been so brave but she needs support so my sister and I take it in turns to stay over during the week. We have organised a family holiday for next year as well, we still feel completely shell shocked but we will cope, we are so close and are always there for each other.

So work, what happened there I hear you ask?! Well thats a bloomin tale and a half let me tell you lol! Went for that job in Leicester and it was awful, they were SO rude to me at the interview and told me the promised uni course would only be available if "they got funding" - hmmmmmm! I was so peed off when I left, waste of time and petrol tbh but I know things have a way of working out so I just had to ride it out, being careful with money and picking up a few days teaching as and when.

Then out of the blue my former company phoned, could I please do a last minute emergency job for them leaving in two hours???!!! Wanted to tell them to poke it but it was in the Caribbean and great money so I swallowed my pride and was on the 1700 flight to New York before I could say @#$##@#!

It was a great trip, lovely American crew and I had so much fun with them, especially the divers who were a bunch of lunatics! Had a wonderful crew change drinking cocktails in the rooftop pool in Trinidad and then, as I was flying home via St Lucia, I asked the company to stagger my flights and I got a three day stopover in SL on my way home! One of the girls from the boat came with me so we had a lot of fun They wanted me back but I actually got into uni to study to be a Paramedic Practitioner so,sadly, I had to say my goodbye to them.

I had a month off when I got home so I went to Biarritz, which was wonderful, then I went for another job and........... I only bloomin got it! I'm currently training to be an NHS 111 Clinical Advisor, only working part time once the training is finished plus the odd teaching gig to pay my way through uni. My course is part time as well so its quite doable, I just have to be organised and make sure I get plenty of rest on my days off! Its not too far from home either so alls well that ends well! As a quick aside two people on my course got the job that I went for in Leicester and they hate it so there you have it - it wasn't meant to be

My social life is picking up, my (gentle!) persistence with calling/texting/coffee mornings with friends is finally paying off. I have made a lovely new friend through another friend who only lives 15 mins away from me so we hang out, do lunch and the three of us have a few plans for concerts/pub nights etc locally which is such a blessing! Still heard hide nor hair from my former bestie but not that bothered anymore, she was so high maintenance its probably for the best that friendship finally came to an end after all.

Atm I'm quite contented, things will settle down and I'll have more time to myself once this initial training is finished, its 5 times a week so I have very little time off right now but thats only temporary. This time next year, if everything works out, I'll be a qualified paramedic/offshore medic/paramedic practitioner/NHS Clinical Advisor and first aid/FAW/FPOS trainer. I've learnt the hard way not to put all my eggs in one basket and to be able to diversify as a freelance medic.

My yearning for Oz rears its head now and again but that is becoming less frequent, I'm slowly making a life for myself here and things are improving. I've lost a fair amount of weight and I feel much healthier than I did a year ago, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans last week which made me feel like a million dollars!!!

So lessons learned? Well expect to have a bit of a crisis at some point, when things go Pete Tong its very tempting to look back through the good ol' rose tinted specs. Everything works out eventually, you always end up where you are meant to be and whats for you won't pass you by. Its ok to strive for what you want but if it doesn't feel right/work out have a bit of faith, let go and see where life takes you - leap and the net will appear!

Well hope you are all doing well and enjoying life, my life isn't 100% perfect and its been a proper rollercoaster ride this year but its all kinda worked out ok really!
Old Oct 20th 2014, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just popping in to say hi!

Wow it was worth the wait for your update!

I now feel mine is stupendously dull compared with that

Well done, you seem to have achieved an amazing amount all while coping with the loss of your Dad and supporting your Mum.

All the very best.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations MissBetty! I feel like you could write a book. I would buy it . A lovely reassuring story for all expats.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:34 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Wow it was worth the wait for your update!

I now feel mine is stupendously dull compared with that

Well done, you seem to have achieved an amazing amount all while coping with the loss of your Dad and supporting your Mum.

All the very best.
Thanks mate, trust me there have been plenty of tears as well lol! I can't believe the last 18 months, moved back home, had to start all over again, lost my Dad, started three new jobs and got well and truly shafted by someone I thought was my best friend whom I thought I could trust forever. You live and learn eh?

Thank goodness for wine I say ha ha!
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:37 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Congratulations MissBetty! I feel like you could write a book. I would buy it . A lovely reassuring story for all expats.
Thanks - I'm slowly getting there but it's been a bumpy ride!!! I would write a book but I'm not sure where to start - maybe one day?!!!
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Thanks - I'm slowly getting there but it's been a bumpy ride!!! I would write a book but I'm not sure where to start - maybe one day?!!!
"How to Get Ready for a Trip to the Caribbean in Two Hours" would be a good one

I hear you on the wine
Old Oct 21st 2014, 9:30 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MissBetty,

WOW great update and you have well and truly been really busy. I'm a believer in the notion of everything happens for a reason, and that is true for you with your jobs and with your old best friend. You will move on to bigger and better things and it looks like you have already in some aspects of your life.
Good luck and stay in touch on the board!
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Onwards and upwards hey Miss B? Lovely update! Your life is certainly not boring and your updates make good reading! I agree - a book of your adventures must be on that bucket list somewhere!
Old Oct 21st 2014, 5:26 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear how others are doing once back isn't it.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to hear from you.. Always enjoy updates.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:08 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I always enjoy reading your updates and I am pleased that things are going well. It must be lovely for your mum to have you home after all you and your family have been through with the loss of your dad.

Great that things are going well on the job and uni front. I am a bit concerned about how you are going to fit all of those job titles/credentials on your business card.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 4:16 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I always enjoy reading your updates and I am pleased that things are going well. It must be lovely for your mum to have you home after all you and your family have been through with the loss of your dad.

Great that things are going well on the job and uni front. I am a bit concerned about how you are going to fit all of those job titles/credentials on your business card.
Revert to foolscap?
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 7:02 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Great update, thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Great update Miss B, glad to hear things are starting to look up again
Old Oct 26th 2014, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

MsB as always your updates are compelling reading and inspiring, thanks for 'popping in!'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.