The first week back

Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:14 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default The first week back

Apart from having no job, car or house, I have a phone so can tell you all my first impressions. All positive except the weather (but at least no earthquakes or hurricanes).

This is the top of my list...

1. Plugs don't fall out of sockets
2. Bacon
3. A sensible number of roadsigns
4. Dark chocolate digestive biscuits
5. Hedgerows
6. Proper villages
7. No air-con (nor need for)
8. 'decent' (!!!) instant coffee
9. BBC radio 'live' not 5 hours ahead
10. Fish and chips

There are some niggly issues with coming back after years abroad, like credit
checks with gaps in, no address so hard to get insurance etc so a bit of catch
22 going on.

I am waiting for tough times to hit, but really glad to be home.

Oh, and here's #11 - irony and humour...!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:23 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first week back

Good luck with the job hunt, hope something turns up soon.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:20 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back!

I, too, love the no air-con thing. Although they have just announced that this has been the coldest summer in 18 years, it certainly doesn't bother me - I love English weather.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:53 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, this is going to be me next week!

Can't wait but still scared, OMG, what am I doing? Packing up is hard and I feel such a failure (sorry made it all about me!)
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:58 am
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nyz

Can't wait but still scared, OMG, what am I doing? Packing up is hard and I feel such a failure (sorry made it all about me!)
Never a failure, you tried and have a wealth of knowledge experience because of whatever you did.
Onward and upward.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:02 am
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

to OP, welcome back.
just hold on to all those good things you list about being back and you will find more, don't sweat the negatives. We are blessed with a lot of pleasures.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by White-ishRose
Apart from having no job, car or house, I have a phone so can tell you all my first impressions. All positive except the weather (but at least no earthquakes or hurricanes).

This is the top of my list...

1. Plugs don't fall out of sockets
2. Bacon
3. A sensible number of roadsigns
4. Dark chocolate digestive biscuits
5. Hedgerows
6. Proper villages
7. No air-con (nor need for)
8. 'decent' (!!!) instant coffee
9. BBC radio 'live' not 5 hours ahead
10. Fish and chips

There are some niggly issues with coming back after years abroad, like credit
checks with gaps in, no address so hard to get insurance etc so a bit of catch
22 going on.

I am waiting for tough times to hit, but really glad to be home.

Oh, and here's #11 - irony and humour...!
Welcome "Home"...JJ has offered great advice...are you on the "voting Register"?, try buying a few things first like a mobile phone etc...all add's to the credit rating, join the local library etc it might help, if your staying with relatives or friends use their add. for Insurance etc we did and did not have a problem. Good luck....take each day as it comes...it all works out in the end, some quicker than others but you do "get there".
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:00 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nyz

Don't be scared... I've been away 7 years and being back is a real breath of fresh air!

Oh, today I'm adding #12 - egg custard tarts
Old Sep 1st 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nyz

For me a move is never ever easy, even when I know it's the right thing to do. In my book nobody is a failure if they have tried something they wanted to do, even if it did not work out as planned, I just look at it as another life experience that I have learned from, take the good from it and move on. I know its easy said than done but your certainly not a failure, look forward now....plan the things you want to do in your next chapture of your life. Good luck, take care.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Joe B will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by White-ishRose
Don't be scared... I've been away 7 years and being back is a real breath of fresh air!

Oh, today I'm adding #12 - egg custard tarts
Your posts are literally making my mouth water
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

haha I had two egg custard tarts back to back yesterday......
and tonight a T Bone steak with chinese shop gravy yum!!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:25 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
haha I had two egg custard tarts back to back yesterday......
and tonight a T Bone steak with chinese shop gravy yum!!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:43 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charleygirl
haha I had two egg custard tarts back to back yesterday......and tonight a T Bone steak with chinese shop gravy yum!!

Love custard tarts - our local tearoom has the most awesome ones! But as for steaks, we've never, ever, ever had a good one over here. We've given up searching for a good one after disappointment upon disappointment.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 2:49 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Yum custard tarts!

Thanks all for the kind words, feeling very anxious and stressed.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

bigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to allbigmattE is a name known to all

Apple crumble and custard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.