First Update

Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

I love reading your updates and I'm looking forward to the video!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Hiya...yes I'm in Diggle and actually go through Dobcross, Uppermill and Saddleworth a lot. They're such gorgeous little places and if I ever won the lottery I'd definitely buy a house there. Hmm, will definitely have to find that tea shop you mentioned, although this afternoon I did go into an old fashioned sweet shop in Uppermill and it was like going back to my childhood. lol

Thanks also for the link. Definitely going to be checking that one out too.
Its a small world, I met my friend in the city today and she comes from Uppermill and is leaving Australia to return there in August,she said that it's a beautiful village and she can't wait to get back there. Also like many posts on here, has said that Oldham is really not a nice place to live. All the very best with your job hunting. cheers I.G.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:34 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Its a small world, I met my friend in the city today and she comes from Uppermill and is leaving Australia to return there in August,she said that it's a beautiful village and she can't wait to get back there. Also like many posts on here, has said that Oldham is really not a nice place to live. All the very best with your job hunting. cheers I.G.
Yes Uppermill is really lovely and I like walking around there That's where I'd ultimately like to live if and when I get the chance...job first, flat second LOL
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:53 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the vids! I love the sound of the birds in the background in the first one and I love how people politely move out of the way for each other on the roads on the second one - it looks so sunny too, so so pretty and GREEN!!!!!

Wow those roads are so narrow, I'm always very impressed with how the bus drivers manage it, mind you it helps that people give way to each other as well lol!!!

Speaking of small worlds my ex boss here is from Oldham and he has nothing good to say about the place either! He often gives me a hard time about moving back to the UK but I just laugh and tell him he wouldn't understand because he's from Oldham and who would want to go back there??!!! Ha ha!!

Great videos, thanks for posting

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 26th 2013 at 8:08 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 8:18 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Okay.... as requested...drum roll...by popular demand ...home made video's

This first one is while I was waiting for the bus this morning before heading into Oldham. I thought I'd pan around and show you what I see every time I wait for the bus.. LOL

http://youtu.be/2vP1Il4webI

This second video is actually on the bus. Sorry if it's shaking, but it's hard to hold the camera still when you're on the top deck.. Because the bus stopped at some stage to pick up a number of people, I actually stopped recording and then carried on once the bus started moving. So this first segment is from Diggle to Uppermill.

http://youtu.be/B-M7-_61yDs

This last video is just the remaining trip from Uppermill to Greenfield. The rest of the journey is pretty standard heading towards Oldham...no more lovely country lanes...lol, so I didn't bother filming from Greenfield to Oldham...lol

http://youtu.be/efOQvk3rTXw
Great videos! Thanks for posting. Crikey, I'd forgotten about riding on the bus along narrow country lanes.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the videos - they are great - keep them coming

on the first one I thought for a moment arrrg that car is on the wrong side of the road!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

LOVED the videos. I know why you like that wee town so much. I noticed when I was back last year in Elgin Scotland, the streets were so clean and peoples gardens were well kept with lots of lovely plants and flowers in them. Of course it all depends on where you live. If I get to go back I would choose a town like the one you chose. Thanks again, the videos were a breath of fresh air.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic videos! My stomach lurched a bit over those steep and narrow roads but what a gorgeous place you've picked...

Lots of us are living vicariously through you Who fan...please keep posting and sharing videos, thanks!
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Loving the vids! I love the sound of the birds in the background in the first one and I love how people politely move out of the way for each other on the roads on the second one - it looks so sunny too, so so pretty and GREEN!!!!!
Just what I noticed too! Can't say as that happens too often on Florida roads! I got a little misty when you turned the camera to the side view of the hills. Keep 'em coming love And Miss Betty, let's see some of you frolicking on the beach when you get back
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

LOVED the videos, thank you so much for posting. Keep 'em coming!
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Great videos and beautiful landscape too I'm quite surprised at how bare the trees still appear to be though, I thought there'd at least be a few little leaves starting to come out on the branches by now !
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

This first one is while I was waiting for the bus this morning before heading into Oldham. I thought I'd pan around and show you what I see every time I wait for the bus.. LOL

This second video is actually on the bus. Sorry if it's shaking, but it's hard to hold the camera still when you're on the top deck.. Because the bus stopped at some stage to pick up a number of people, I actually stopped recording and then carried on once the bus started moving. So this first segment is from Diggle to Uppermill.

This last video is just the remaining trip from Uppermill to Greenfield. The rest of the journey is pretty standard heading towards Oldham...no more lovely country lanes...lol, so I didn't bother filming from Greenfield to Oldham...lol

GREAT videos!!!! Thank you so much for recording these. I followed you on every one
Old Apr 27th 2013, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Gorgeous scenery especially on the last video. Wow....drivers are so considerate. Need a skinny car ;-) Really enjoyed......thanks.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:09 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to everyone who commented on my videos I must admit I had as much fun taking them as you did watching them, because I knew that once I posted them, there would be some more homesick people.

Yes the streets are definitely narrow, and it seemed worse from the top deck of the bus. It's so refreshing to see drivers courteously giving way to people and then acknowledging the other driver with a wave of their hand. I was trying to get the vid of the road as well as some of the best scenery at the same time.

I think the reason why the trees are so bare at the moment, is because of the dreadful snow they had last month. It's delayed everything! It's gorgeous when the sun does come out because you can almost hear the plants and the trees give a sigh of relief and hear the little buds bursting through.

As I'm typing this the sun is actually out.. I went to the shops to grab the paper and it poured it down...but now - well the sun manages to peek around the clouds from time to time.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:22 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Your videos are great. Love all the stone walls, they add such character. After being delayed, the trees are just beginning to leaf out up here and I am really enjoying seeing all the different birds that are arriving and visiting my wee garden. I think spring has sprung.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.