Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Been home just over a year......

Been home just over a year......

Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:45 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been home just over a year......

Originally Posted by TraceyW
and love it more than ever!

First few months being home were a tad rocky, then we found our feet and settled in well.

Hubby has just qualified as a plumber and has loved retraining. I'm loving my job, which is a first for me!

Our house is our home. First time in a long time I have called a house my home. I reckon they'll carry me out of here in a box I love it that much. Have loved watching the seasons change throughout this year, planting different plants in my lovely garden and watching them thrive and not shrivvel and die despite copious amounts of water! We've spent amazing quality time with family, been to some wonderful places with scenery to take your breath away.

Kids have settled in brilliantly and both have a great bunch of mates. They play down the park, which just happens to be at the bottom of our garden, ride their bikes around the quiet streets. Son plays for West Devon cricket and our local football club, which hubby manages. Daughter can usually be found up to her elbows in horse-sh*t at the weekend and as happy as a pig in sh*t with it!!

Looking forward to Christmas when all the family are coming to us. I've already been through the local woods and collected fir cones to make my wreath! Can't wait. It's turning all Autumnal now, the leaves on the trees are turning the most amazing shades of reds, ambers and yellows. The squirrels down our garden in the old oak tree are forraging for their winter stock. The nights are drawing in and it's fabulous to be able to 'bed-down' for the evening and turn the fire on, close the curtains and snuggle. Just love it!

Just wanted to let you guys know that all is well. Life is very good back home and none of us regret a moment of our decision. Even my husband, who was a staunch Australia fan loves being home

All the very best to those of you due to come home soon.
well done tracey , folowed your threads a lot when u was going .Good onya for posting most dont when they return which in a way is a good thing because you know they are getting on with life and havent got their heads in the computer looking for answers or professing how wondrful aussie is just to satisfy insecuritys . your just home and that it simple as . im home on the 21st of november too .
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:36 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by king kong
the one of the beach could be in aussie , i thought the uk was always raining and miserable and the beaches were dumping grounds for human waste and nuclear discharge and dodgy illegal migrants . God forbid dont post this in the wannebee section ,all them in birmingham ,manchester etc will realise there is somthing far better just down the M5
Unless of course its a Bank Holiday weekend then the closest you would get to that beach coming from Brum or Manchester would be the traffic jam over the Avonmouth bridge.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:37 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

and love it more than ever!

First few months being home were a tad rocky, then we found our feet and settled in well.

Hubby has just qualified as a plumber and has loved retraining. I'm loving my job, which is a first for me!

Our house is our home. First time in a long time I have called a house my home. I reckon they'll carry me out of here in a box I love it that much. Have loved watching the seasons change throughout this year, planting different plants in my lovely garden and watching them thrive and not shrivvel and die despite copious amounts of water! We've spent amazing quality time with family, been to some wonderful places with scenery to take your breath away.

Kids have settled in brilliantly and both have a great bunch of mates. They play down the park, which just happens to be at the bottom of our garden, ride their bikes around the quiet streets. Son plays for West Devon cricket and our local football club, which hubby manages. Daughter can usually be found up to her elbows in horse-sh*t at the weekend and as happy as a pig in sh*t with it!!

Looking forward to Christmas when all the family are coming to us. I've already been through the local woods and collected fir cones to make my wreath! Can't wait. It's turning all Autumnal now, the leaves on the trees are turning the most amazing shades of reds, ambers and yellows. The squirrels down our garden in the old oak tree are forraging for their winter stock. The nights are drawing in and it's fabulous to be able to 'bed-down' for the evening and turn the fire on, close the curtains and snuggle. Just love it!

Just wanted to let you guys know that all is well. Life is very good back home and none of us regret a moment of our decision. Even my husband, who was a staunch Australia fan loves being home

All the very best to those of you due to come home soon.
Nice to see it all work out for somebody in the end.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:57 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Unless of course its a Bank Holiday weekend then the closest you would get to that beach coming from Brum or Manchester would be the traffic jam over the Avonmouth bridge.
i always found if you drive at night there was no trffic there , problem solved .lol
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
the one of the beach could be in aussie , i thought the uk was always raining and miserable and the beaches were dumping grounds for human waste and nuclear discharge and dodgy illegal migrants . God forbid dont post this in the wannebee section ,all them in birmingham ,manchester etc will realise there is somthing far better just down the M5
oy,oy,oy...were not a bad lot from Manchester...well most of us are just fab. anyway....lol...our nearest beach is near Southport and it's a really nice beach as well....also North Wales is a decent drive with a beautiful coastline....just came back from our local dog beach here and there was some really bling,bling chavs at the beach...guess what ....they sounded like Cockney Kings and Queens..lol....I am now glad they are coming here as we are leaving.....
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:03 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

We're in South Hams bit of Devon. All the very best to you back in Cornwall
The South Hams is gorgeous!

Bev