Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Been home just over a year......

Been home just over a year......

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Been home just over a year......

and love it more than ever!

First few months being home were a tad rocky, then we found our feet and settled in well.

Hubby has just qualified as a plumber and has loved retraining. I'm loving my job, which is a first for me!

Our house is our home. First time in a long time I have called a house my home. I reckon they'll carry me out of here in a box I love it that much. Have loved watching the seasons change throughout this year, planting different plants in my lovely garden and watching them thrive and not shrivvel and die despite copious amounts of water! We've spent amazing quality time with family, been to some wonderful places with scenery to take your breath away.

Kids have settled in brilliantly and both have a great bunch of mates. They play down the park, which just happens to be at the bottom of our garden, ride their bikes around the quiet streets. Son plays for West Devon cricket and our local football club, which hubby manages. Daughter can usually be found up to her elbows in horse-sh*t at the weekend and as happy as a pig in sh*t with it!!

Looking forward to Christmas when all the family are coming to us. I've already been through the local woods and collected fir cones to make my wreath! Can't wait. It's turning all Autumnal now, the leaves on the trees are turning the most amazing shades of reds, ambers and yellows. The squirrels down our garden in the old oak tree are forraging for their winter stock. The nights are drawing in and it's fabulous to be able to 'bed-down' for the evening and turn the fire on, close the curtains and snuggle. Just love it!

Just wanted to let you guys know that all is well. Life is very good back home and none of us regret a moment of our decision. Even my husband, who was a staunch Australia fan loves being home

All the very best to those of you due to come home soon.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been home just over a year......

Originally Posted by TraceyW

First few months being home were a tad rocky, then we found our feet and settled in well.

Hubby has just qualified as a plumber and has loved retraining. I'm loving my job, which is a first for me!

Our house is our home. First time in a long time I have called a house my home. I reckon they'll carry me out of here in a box I love it that much. Have loved watching the seasons change throughout this year, planting different plants in my lovely garden and watching them thrive and not shrivvel and die despite copious amounts of water! We've spent amazing quality time with family, been to some wonderful places with scenery to take your breath away.

Kids have settled in brilliantly and both have a great bunch of mates. They play down the park, which just happens to be at the bottom of our garden, ride their bikes around the quiet streets. Son plays for West Devon cricket and our local football club, which hubby manages. Daughter can usually be found up to her elbows in horse-sh*t at the weekend and as happy as a pig in sh*t with it!!

Looking forward to Christmas when all the family are coming to us. I've already been through the local woods and collected fir cones to make my wreath! Can't wait. It's turning all Autumnal now, the leaves on the trees are turning the most amazing shades of reds, ambers and yellows. The squirrels down our garden in the old oak tree are forraging for their winter stock. The nights are drawing in and it's fabulous to be able to 'bed-down' for the evening and turn the fire on, close the curtains and snuggle. Just love it!

Just wanted to let you guys know that all is well. Life is very good back home and none of us regret a moment of our decision. Even my husband, who was a staunch Australia fan loves being home

Well thats not very daily mail of you is it

Seriously, sounds bloody wonderful, very happy for you.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that Tracey! Colour me green with envy - it sounds just perfect!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:53 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Thanks Tracey, I'm going to read this every time I feel a bit 'wobbly' about our decision to go home...
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Great to know that everything is working out well for you and your family
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:10 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Tracey, good to know you have all settled so well.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:31 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

I echo everyone else's thoughts Tracey - really really pleased for you
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

That's it then chuck, we will be down to see in the new year...i mean it

Life is fab for us too, i just wish i knew this before we left. But i suppose we all have a 'daft moment'
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:20 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Tracey

Dont know about you but i have a continuous warm and fuzzy feeling insode all the time now. I am just so contented with life. Happier than i have been for years. It good when you realise you are where you belong.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys

Rach...you are more than welcome, look forward to it!

Flea, totally agree with you. I get a stupid grin on my face or end up getting choked up when something I see here really makes me go all warm and fuzzy. Just like this morning for example; I'm walking next to the river, it's really raging as the rain has been quite heavy overnight and it's flowing down from the moors, the sun just starts to peep through and reflects on the mass of fallen amber coloured leaves piled up against the old (1209 B.C) village bridge, and I get choked up it looks so beautiful! Pathetic! But true
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:21 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

This really made me smile

Very happy for you!!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

It's good to hear you still feel the same way after a year even with the early hiccups. I'm really looking foward to seeing the Autumn colours next year and having a proper Christmas, even now after 9 years this time of year in Oz still feels so wrong.

Best wishes and hope things continue to improve for you.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:56 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

piled up against the old (1209 B.C) village bridge
**** me, that's one seriously old bridge. I mean, I knew there was some old stuff in the yookay (unlike here in Oz where everything's like brand new), but a 3300 year old bridge?!?! Wowzers.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice

Sounds idyllic - hope you have a wonderful Christmas & keep enjoying your new life here. You live in a beautiful part of the UK, have enjoyed many a holiday there
Old Oct 26th 2009, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Never forget the time you came to see us Tracey. Glad to hear you are happy.

Just allow me a smile to read what would be Godzone speak this side of the world...(there is no justice!)

Originally Posted by Hutch
**** me, that's one seriously old bridge. I mean, I knew there was some old stuff in the yookay (unlike here in Oz where everything's like brand new), but a 3300 year old bridge?!?! Wowzers.
Now now mate...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.