Been Back 7 Months . Update

Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been Back 7 Months . Update

Originally Posted by shane71
Hi there been a while since been on here , well ill get straight to the point , we are waiting for a job offer to be finalized and are moving back to Perth . 1 year ago i never thought we would be doing this but we both finally feel that we can now put our life in the UK to rest . Coming back has made us both realise were we want to be . From my previous posts (and i have read them over and over) and the time we have been back has given us the opportunity to finally realise were we belong . Our memories of the UK should stay that way , life has moved on over here and we do not like what we see . Before emigrating we had well paid jobs and a very good lifestyle , unfortunately we have not been able too find that since being back . Our families are all here and when we tell them of our decision to return i dont think it is going to go down to well .
I dont want to say that Perth is perfect but it has more to offer us than the UK (there is no utopia) . I have my views on the UK and am not persuaded by others opinions and feel that if we dont make the move now we will have missed a great opportunity to live our lives for the better .
We came back and thought we were doing the right thing but over the year have come too realise that , yes we made a mistake and a rather expensive one at that too, but we had the opportunity to do it and it has now put our minds at rest . The rest of our lives now lies ahead of us and we will not be reflecting on the past (we , more so me) have been doing that for too long . So with fresh enthusiasm we await our destiny.
Thank you for your post. One of the questions I have is where in England do you live? I ask this because it may be part of the reason for your decision.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Shane, very surprised to read this, i do hope it works for you, do you have to sell a house again, because I thought you bought one on your return to the UK. Do you have children, and what part of the UK are you in, up North I think? sorry but I guess I feel concerned for you? Hope it works. And i know you will have thought of everything but dont forget the flies that bugged you back then! They are still there.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there been a while since been on here , well ill get straight to the point , we are waiting for a job offer to be finalized and are moving back to Perth . 1 year ago i never thought we would be doing this but we both finally feel that we can now put our life in the UK to rest . Coming back has made us both realise were we want to be . From my previous posts (and i have read them over and over) and the time we have been back has given us the opportunity to finally realise were we belong . Our memories of the UK should stay that way , life has moved on over here and we do not like what we see . Before emigrating we had well paid jobs and a very good lifestyle , unfortunately we have not been able too find that since being back . Our families are all here and when we tell them of our decision to return i dont think it is going to go down to well .
I dont want to say that Perth is perfect but it has more to offer us than the UK (there is no utopia) . I have my views on the UK and am not persuaded by others opinions and feel that if we dont make the move now we will have missed a great opportunity to live our lives for the better .
We came back and thought we were doing the right thing but over the year have come too realise that , yes we made a mistake and a rather expensive one at that too, but we had the opportunity to do it and it has now put our minds at rest . The rest of our lives now lies ahead of us and we will not be reflecting on the past (we , more so me) have been doing that for too long . So with fresh enthusiasm we await our destiny.
All the very best to you both...you gave it a shot and it's helped you find the peace.....it must of been a terrible experience for you though to return to Perth...............lol...only joking.....please though don't be one of those plastic poms though...who go around with their "motherland" tops on etc or supporting their "motherland" in say a sports fixtures....as you will never "move" forward.......Good luck, take care...fingers crossed for the job....
Old Jun 19th 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Menschlein
Oh yes, those wonderful social differences. The humour and tenacity. The easy access to some of the best sights on the planet. We can leave our country, but our country never leaves us. It's ancestral, it's in our blood. Even though some of us are still haunted by post war memories we were not raised to hunt with crossbows, club seals to death, slaughter moose and deer en mass and fewer still ever get used to -40 or +40 temperatures. Life is short, make the most of it, live were your heart is at ease and all else will fall into place.
wow that was so well said thank you for that
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

shane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really nice

Hi there again , well the time to return to Perth is nearlly upon us but do i really want too ? all was well job lined up relocation package ,then August came and was full on with family sociallising and friends from Perth have been here for a couple of weeks too in fact since end of July things have started to settle down and look rather good .I am finally back in my trade and earning some very good money.My wife is working too and our house is looking great after the hard work of renovating it. After a meal and drinks on saturday we came home and caught the end of last night of the proms before match of the day . Not something i would normally be interested in but was glued to all the flag waving and when they began to sing jerusalm and the national anthem had tears pouring down my face (am i going mad) . I am now not sure that i want to go . We have not had a holiday for 14 months and i feel if we do that then we may just crack it over here.Would love to here of any other ping pong poms who have experienced any thing like this .
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:46 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there again , well the time to return to Perth is nearlly upon us but do i really want too ? all was well job lined up relocation package ,then August came and was full on with family sociallising and friends from Perth have been here for a couple of weeks too in fact since end of July things have started to settle down and look rather good .I am finally back in my trade and earning some very good money.My wife is working too and our house is looking great after the hard work of renovating it. After a meal and drinks on saturday we came home and caught the end of last night of the proms before match of the day . Not something i would normally be interested in but was glued to all the flag waving and when they began to sing jerusalm and the national anthem had tears pouring down my face (am i going mad) . I am now not sure that i want to go . We have not had a holiday for 14 months and i feel if we do that then we may just crack it over here.Would love to here of any other ping pong poms who have experienced any thing like this .
You are experiencing the perfectly normal cycles of getting used to a new country. It takes 18 months to 2 years to fully settle anywhere and you are just now getting to that point. Personally, I wouldn't leave until the 2 years is up - otherwise you may come to regret it.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Sally, as i said earlier I was surprised to read you were going back as i remember reading your threads before. I have just moved back to the UK and to be honest that Last night of the proms moved me to tears too, something I never would have done before, it just felt so good to be back.. and then I watched match of the day with a Galaxy and glass of lager...
good luck to you all Shane, but think carefully.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 3:36 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
You are experiencing the perfectly normal cycles of getting used to a new country. It takes 18 months to 2 years to fully settle anywhere and you are just now getting to that point. Personally, I wouldn't leave until the 2 years is up - otherwise you may come to regret it.
You're right Sally
Old Sep 14th 2011, 4:07 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You're right Sally
I have to agree too. We have been back nearly as year and we're still finding our feet. We're loving it but there have been and will be ups and downs. Be patient with yourself if you can. I think it's such a huge decision that we've made that any hint of regret makes a returning Brit panic. I so hope things get better soon.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Menschlein
Oh yes, those wonderful social differences. The humour and tenacity. The easy access to some of the best sights on the planet. We can leave our country, but our country never leaves us. It's ancestral, it's in our blood. Even though some of us are still haunted by post war memories we were not raised to hunt with crossbows, club seals to death, slaughter moose and deer en mass and fewer still ever get used to -40 or +40 temperatures. Life is short, make the most of it, live were your heart is at ease and all else will fall into place.
+1 (Not that you'll get this since your account is closed.)
Old Sep 14th 2011, 3:00 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
I have to agree too. We have been back nearly as year and we're still finding our feet. We're loving it but there have been and will be ups and downs. Be patient with yourself if you can. I think it's such a huge decision that we've made that any hint of regret makes a returning Brit panic. I so hope things get better soon.
Ditto at 15 months, mostly everything OK but still there are ups and down although the extremes are reducing with time.
It was a stressful time moving back in so many ways and I am still rather prone to be more teary eyed than I used to be.