Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Back eight months... happy to be here.

Back eight months... happy to be here.

Old Mar 6th 2015, 4:28 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back eight months... happy to be here.

Spring is hinting and being a nature lover I am excited about my first English emergence from Winter in a long time.

The woods are blanketed by snowdrops in parts, crocuses are springing up on the side of the roads and the daffodils are just starting to compete with them.

We have been living in a (sadly) temporary home where we can watch and feed pheasants and squirrels in the garden. Blossom trees are budding and sheep in a nearby field are fat with lambs.

We've enjoyed a relatively mild Winter. Yes, some days have been cold (and very cold as a pedestrian without a car) but the snow was pretty enough to excite my Aussie daughter who had never seen it.. and polite enough not to hang around too long.

We have organised doctors and hairdressers and licences and ni numbers and I am now familiar with products in the supermarkets so I don't feel quite so lost when I have to conjur a meal in a hurry or replicate something we enjoyed in Australia.

We are house hunting again now (to rent) and that is proving to be a challenge. We have been very spoiled by our short stint in a country bungalow with access to good transport links. It will be a hard act to follow on a budget. Still, we've got a couple of weeks left to find something.

I am happy to be here and my husband and daughter also seem relatively settled. So far, so good.

We have return tickets booked to go back to Australia and tie up loose ends and organise our furniture to be sent over. I'm not looking forward to going back so I guess that says a lot.

I do want to bring back a bottle of Betadine though.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back eight months... happy to be here.

Nice to read your post Brissybee..
Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful update. Pleased for you and your family.
Old Mar 14th 2015, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

philwood has a spectacular aura aboutphilwood has a spectacular aura aboutphilwood has a spectacular aura about

Nice to hear that you're so happy after your move. It's always great to get the reassurance that you made a good decision and you're happy with your choice. All the best!
Old Mar 14th 2015, 3:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Spring is hinting and being a nature lover I am excited about my first English emergence from Winter in a long time.

The woods are blanketed by snowdrops in parts, crocuses are springing up on the side of the roads and the daffodils are just starting to compete with them.

We have been living in a (sadly) temporary home where we can watch and feed pheasants and squirrels in the garden. Blossom trees are budding and sheep in a nearby field are fat with lambs.

We've enjoyed a relatively mild Winter. Yes, some days have been cold (and very cold as a pedestrian without a car) but the snow was pretty enough to excite my Aussie daughter who had never seen it.. and polite enough not to hang around too long.

We have organised doctors and hairdressers and licences and ni numbers and I am now familiar with products in the supermarkets so I don't feel quite so lost when I have to conjur a meal in a hurry or replicate something we enjoyed in Australia.

We are house hunting again now (to rent) and that is proving to be a challenge. We have been very spoiled by our short stint in a country bungalow with access to good transport links. It will be a hard act to follow on a budget. Still, we've got a couple of weeks left to find something.

I am happy to be here and my husband and daughter also seem relatively settled. So far, so good.

We have return tickets booked to go back to Australia and tie up loose ends and organise our furniture to be sent over. I'm not looking forward to going back so I guess that says a lot.

I do want to bring back a bottle of Betadine though.
no need buy it here..

BETADINE SOLUTION: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care BETADINE SOLUTION: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care
Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:06 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brissybee,

Great update and wonderful to hear you have settled in. Hope you find another happy home, I'm sure you will

Spring is definitely my favourite season and I'm about to enjoy my second one since returning home. I am loving the daffodils that are already blooming and am starting to see bluebells & other flowers in the garden.

This is so much nicer than dealing with snow until April & not seeing signs of life until May in Canada

Good luck with the house hunt & your future in England.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh 8 months already! Good to hear that things are still going well and good luck with the house hunting! Ah yes, Betadine (found iodine at a Lloyds pharmacy but no other!) and don't forget the Lucas a Paw Paw Ointment! I went back in Nov for the first time in 3 years - couldn't wait to leave! It'll be ok!
Old Mar 20th 2015, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

This squirrel is glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself here.